Gallatin vs Canton McKinley Ohio opening game 2010

GWAVE1

I know it is very early but I just looked up Canton McKinley again to see how they did this past year.

Canton McKinley ended up 8-5 and they return a very good Qb who accounted for over 1600 total yards. Luckily they lose the running back who had over 1700 yards on the ground. They look to have dressed around 100 players give or take. They have some huge linemen which I think is the standard for Ohio teams. Luckily Gallatin may be able to match them in size next year as well as experience. The spring and fall scrimmage season is going to be huge in getting the new starters some game time experience before this exciting game. With over 700 wins under the Bulldogs belts, and with them starting playing the game in 1894 it is an honor to get on the field and be apart of some history.

I know it is very early but I just looked up Canton McKinley again to see how they did this past year.

Canton McKinley ended up 8-5 and they return a very good Qb who accounted for over 1600 total yards. Luckily they lose the running back who had over 1700 yards on the ground. They look to have dressed around 100 players give or take. They have some huge linemen which I think is the standard for Ohio teams. Luckily Gallatin may be able to match them in size next year as well as experience. The spring and fall scrimmage season is going to be huge in getting the new starters some game time experience before this exciting game. With over 700 wins under the Bulldogs belts, and with them starting playing the game in 1894 it is an honor to get on the field and be apart of some history.

I looked at the pics of their stadium. WOW! I thought MJ's was incredible (which it is for TN) but it puts MJ's stadium to shame. Good luck to the Greenwave. Go out and represent! Shut some of these critics up about the lack of talent that the state of TN produces in football.

Am really exited about this game, as I used to live about 15 min from the stadium. Voted #1 h.s. stadium in the country by ESPN last year.http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/football/news/story?id=3653316 Seats just under 23,000 and is shared by 2 h.s. and 2 small colleges. Half of the state championships are played there, with the other half played just 6 miles away at the #10 ranked stadium in the country Paul Brown Tiger stadium. A must see also because of the history between these two programs located in the cradle of h.s. and pro football, Stark County Ohio. Seen many great games at both. If you're a fan of h.s. football history, it's the equivalent of playing in the Roman Coliseum lol. So many greats in college/pros have played there. They have sent 41 players to the pros, 5 current, 3 head coaches. They have won two national, 3 state championships, last one being in 1998. Also have one HOF member in Marion Motley, who excelled with the Browns(us older folks remember him well). Josh McDaniels, the current hc for the Denver Broncos played qb for Mckinley in the late 1990's. Enough with the history, as far as the game in 2010....

Gallatin will be more than able to compete with McKinley, as the Bulldogs have been a very up and down program the last decade or so, after Josh McDaniels' father Thom left to coach at a rival school. Since then, there have been 4 different coaches in the last 12 yrs. Not a good thing when trying to establish consistency in a program. McKinley will be losing their top rb, 3 of 4 wr's, entire defensive backfield, two best lb's and 9 of the top ten in tackles this year. They will have Steve Miller returning at DE, the no.2 rated junior in Ohio at this point. They will return most of their OL and qb. Their offense has varied from year to year, but in '08 they installed the spread. Don't know what Gallatin has coming back, but do know they are usually a tough opponent. They should have somewhat of an advantage, as school/practices/scrimmages start earlier in TN. For anyone able to make the trip, the atmosphere/Pro HOF/ and h.s. football history in the area will be worth the trip alone. Parking is rough, but the people running the show in Stark County are the best at making the trip a great experience for all.

Good Luck to Gallatin! :)

I just hope they can repeat what R'dale did to "Worthington-Kilburn" and that if this is a return game series that the Ohio team does indeed come down for the return game.

The one thing Gallatin must do this winter is hit the weights HARD! When we went up there the line was HUGE, they were not as strong as we were. The reason for that was R'dales strength and conditioning program.

Also expect ALOT of trash talking from the fans up there as they consider Tn football a joke. R'dale converted some, but there is still alot that think our game was:

A. A fluke!

B. Worthington-Kilburn was NOT representative of 'OHIO' football.

C. etc, etc.......

After R'dale went to Ohio and showed them some here can indeed play football, they suddenly decided they could not come down to Tn for the return game.

Gallatin, know there will be a BUNCH of folks back home pulling for you in this game! Also know there are some on here that will be saying you don't stand a chance because Ohio football is so much superior because they are from there. To these folks I still say BRING IT, then sing it! Also be aware there will suddenly be folks down here filming your practices, but don't expect to receive any from up there. Best advice I can give about this is talk nice to 'warhawks' as he is GOOD R'dale folks who is now living up there in enemy territory!

There is a site about Ohio football that is much like CoachT called Yappi Sports or something like that. I lost it when I lost my last hard drive.

Anyway Good Luck and let us know if we can help.

I know that the wave will probably have one of the biggest lines in the state. I think they are returning several starters on both sides. I heard that the linebacker, Slagle, was just a junior. WOW!! That kid has a way of finding the football. I was looking at the all district team and did not see him. Was that a missprint or what happened. Also the woodard kid should help the air attack. The young guys just need to hit the weight room and the upperclassmen need to set the tone in order to have another good year. It should be fun in Canton. I heard that they won there first game 81-0. Better be ready to play.

Good Luck to Gallatin! :thumb:

I just hope they can repeat what R'dale did to "Worthington-Kilburn" and that if this is a return game series that the Ohio team does indeed come down for the return game.

The one thing Gallatin must do this winter is hit the weights HARD! When we went up there the line was HUGE, they were not as strong as we were. The reason for that was R'dales strength and conditioning program.

Also expect ALOT of trash talking from the fans up there as they consider Tn football a joke. R'dale converted some, but there is still alot that think our game was:

A. A fluke!

C. etc, etc.......

After R'dale went to Ohio and showed them some here can indeed play football, they suddenly decided they could not come down to Tn for the return game.

Gallatin, know there will be a BUNCH of folks back home pulling for you in this game! Also know there are some on here that will be saying you don't stand a chance because Ohio football is so much superior because they are from there. To these folks I still say BRING IT, then sing it! Also be aware there will suddenly be folks down here filming your practices, but don't expect to receive any from up there. Best advice I can give about this is talk nice to 'warhawks' as he is GOOD R'dale folks who is now living up there in enemy territory!

There is a site about Ohio football that is much like CoachT called Yappi Sports or something like that. I lost it when I lost my last hard drive.

I hear you loud and clear LOD. I remember when Riverdale played in Ohio and I was behind ya'll the whole way. This game was a one and done from the start. There has been talk of this game being a Herbstreet game but I haven't heard anything definite yet.

I really hope Warhawks and Bulldog86, who was from Ohio, can give any incite that they can when this game gets closer.

Gallatin should definitely have the size to matchup with them and I know the strength and conditioning program has been in full swing. I am hoping that our trumph card will be Gallatin's speed this year. The Wave should have several speedsters across the field this year. Gallatin returns a ton of experience which should also help.

Why is Gallatin playing this game and who did they drop from this years schedule to wind up playing all the way up in Ohio?
This game was setup 2 years ago. JPII knew that the game with them was a one game deal however Gallatin may have setup a 3 year contract, I am not sure. Apparently the old coach for them and our former freshman coach knew each other and set the game up.

I think this is great for Gallatin and the opportunity to show Ohio some Tenneessee football is awesome.

Good Luck to Gallatin! :lol:

A. A fluke!

C. etc, etc.......

Kind of funny that the "return game" horse is still being beaten. To say they "suddenly decided not to play the return game after the loss is laughable. Whatever was rumored, talked about, etc. means nothing when it comes to getting commissioner approval for that game. Kilborne people knew the bylaws going into negotiations, so whatever was agreed to was done under false pretenses if a return game was agreed upon. Not fear of another loss. OHSAA will permit travel to states not contiguous with Ohio one time per season, only if no school time is missed. Which unless the game is scheduled during a holiday or Christmas break, is impossible to pull off. I can tell you now, McKinley will not have a return game unless the commissioner grants them a one time exemption from the bylaws as they are written now. As far as expecting a lot of trash talk, I see far more on this site through the season than I've seen on any Ohio site. The win against Kilborne was NOT considered a fluke by knowledgeable Ohio fans. It was a quality win for sure, but not against a team that was in contention yearly for the DI(big school) title. Kilborne plays in the weakest region in the state(only 3 DI champs in 30 years), have made it out of the region twice since '99, only to be beat down in the semis by a region 4 team. Their record in Ohio's state tournament isn't even close to Riverdale's dominance in TN from 2000-2005, either champs or runner-up. So to say they beat an Ohio team with the same pedigree would be incorrect. Was mentioned that it was Kilborne's first game of the year, Riverdale's second. A h.s. teams' greatest improvement comes in week two, after the first game mistakes are worked on. Makes a big difference. As far as Ohio's football being superior to TN, there are some teams that can compete with some of the best in Ohio, but Ohio is much deeper in quality teams, and quality coaches. Anything can happen in a one game scenario, but to play some of these top teams week in/week out is a whole different story. There is a reason why you don't see the 40-75 game win streaks you did in TN. The competition, especially in playoffs is much tougher, and there is no separation of public/private. For example, the DI champ Hilliard Davidson was ranked #9 at the end of the season. The #1 and #3 ranked teams didn't even make it to the regional finals. In the last 10 years, there have been 4 teams in the Ohio playoffs with a losing record. All 4 teams played brutal schedules and had quality wins. This year alone in TN, there were 24 teams with losing records in the playoffs. Says enough right there. Here is a link to video archive of this year's championshipshttp://www.ohiohssports.com/football/

You can watch games by quarter. The divisions are opposite of TN, 1 is biggest, 6 is smallest. The div 1,5 and 3 games were the best in that order. Div 3 Youngstown Mooney is ranked higher nationally in many polls than the Div 1 champ Davidson. Again, should tell you about the depth of Ohio football. I would pick the finalists in all 6 Ohio games, not just champions, against every state champ in TN of the same/equal classification except Memphis University, which I think would be a dog fight against either of the Ohio Div 1 finalists. Again, I don't think any knowledgeable Ohioan thinks TN football is a joke, but I don't think any will tell you it's as good top to bottom as Ohio. Not meant to be an arrogant statement, but if you know h.s. football on a national level, and you follow states' rankings, whether by top programs, coaching or otherwise, Ohio ranks among the top 3-5 states nationally in the quality and depth of h.s. football, while TN is out of the top ten. It's just a fact. Just as Florida, Texas and California have more D1 talent than Ohio. The Ohio website you were trying to remember is correct, but jjhuddle is much better/more comprehensive. One of the largest in the nation. They charge 12 dollars for a yearly membership, but it is well worth it. Best h.s. site on the planet I've found.