Austin East & Pryor?

HOOPSGURU

Photoman, can I ask you a question? Do you think Pryor's presence is going to keep Fulton from winning this so call title that they already have wrapped up?

Nothing's "wrapped up" in Fulton's eyes. I believe you're the one saying that more than any other Fulton fan.

As far as ae's high school hero, I'm done. I took your advice and went and watched Blindside. Now I know I've been wrong and pryor is nothing but a lump of coal waiting to be that diamond in the ruff. People like myself have made life so hard on him and have not given him the unlimited opportunities to shine. As I googled "shattering glass" I learned that in Greek weddings and other similar ceremonies it is common to throw glasses and shatter plates do to excitement and as a tradition of "new beginnings". I didn't realize pryor was so wise in international customs, but I guess that's one of the advantages of a magnet school's education. I too was blindsided by my ignorance and could not see the cries for help and did not see all of the attempts mr. pryor has been making towards a new beginning with the shattering of glass. I thought it was his uncontrollable temper, but it was obviously focused energy channeled towards living life to the fullest.

mitchell is obviously the Dr. Phil of ae and is helping him out on his journey to greener pastures. Please accept my humble apologies on misreading ae's attempt to win at no cost. Maybe "Always Eligible" is a safe haven for athletes that no one else is willing to take a risk on. Like a metaphor, it is a institutional big hug for athletes that are turned away from surrounding programs. A utopia for the students that just want to play ball and coaches that just want to win.

I'm sorry Turtle...I'm now an optimist on pryor's future. I hope I didn't crack your shell of defending the good will of the ae athletic program. As the character JJ said on the late 1970's sitcom Good Times.... "We're all in the hood and misunderstood."

Long live the prosperous ae and may they avoid the circling vultures of the TSSAA!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.i also heard that he threw a punch at one of the coaches in the locker room last year, dont know if its true but if so, what does that say about mitchell as a man?! SMH

First off, you all keep bringing stuff up from the past.... And no that punch wasn't thrown at any coach from the AE coaching staff.. That happen during the summer AAU session.. But that was LAST YEAR and that wasn't a coach it was a player from another team which threw one at Pryor first so let's get the facts straight before posting.....

Another thing, the Lopez thing is just a RUMOR, no truth behind that..

Photoman, can I ask you a question? Do you think Pryor's presence is going to keep Fulton from winning this so call title that they already have wrapped up?

Nothing's "wrapped up" in Fulton's eyes. I believe you're the one saying that more than any other Fulton fan.

As far as ae's high school hero, I'm done. I took your advice and went and watched Blindside. Now I know I've been wrong and pryor is nothing but a lump of coal waiting to be that diamond in the ruff. People like myself have made life so hard on him and have not given him the unlimited opportunities to shine. As I googled "shattering glass" I learned that in Greek weddings and other similar ceremonies it is common to throw glasses and shatter plates do to excitement and as a tradition of "new beginnings". I didn't realize pryor was so wise in international customs, but I guess that's one of the advantages of a magnet school's education. I too was blindsided by my ignorance and could not see the cries for help and did not see all of the attempts mr. pryor has been making towards a new beginning with the shattering of glass. I thought it was his uncontrollable temper, but it was obviously focused energy channeled towards living life to the fullest.

mitchell is obviously the Dr. Phil of ae and is helping him out on his journey to greener pastures. Please accept my humble apologies on misreading ae's attempt to win at no cost. Maybe "Always Eligible" is a safe haven for athletes that no one else is willing to take a risk on. Like a metaphor, it is a institutional big hug for athletes that are turned away from surrounding programs. A utopia for the students that just want to play ball and coaches that just want to win.

I'm sorry Turtle...I'm now an optimist on pryor's future. I hope I didn't crack your shell of defending the good will of the ae athletic program. As the character JJ said on the late 1970's sitcom Good Times.... "We're all in the hood and misunderstood."

Long live the prosperous ae and may they avoid the circling vultures of the TSSAA!

Photo, you crack me up sometimes.. But I'm glad you're not thinking about the ship because after the butt whooping you all took tonight I'm second guessing my thought process about the Falcons as well.. Hold up let me add this, HOW ABOUT THOSE REBELS!! Hahahah wheeeew that was hard to say but it felt like old times :thumb:

I'm glad that you went to go see Blindside.. that's a good movie but you see how that one couple helped a player that needed help? His grades weren't as good and the teachers stuck together and help him get over the top. Maybe and just maybe Pryor's teachers are helping him EARN the grades he's getting/got. The glass breaking incident, I mean has there not been a student or player at Fulton that's busted out a window before? I mean good lord, I know Pryor HAD a bad temper but maybe he's over that childish stage... He's only played 6 minutes in 1 game and everyone is talking BAD about him already. GOOD LORD, give the man a chance to do right...

Saw where AE beat Carter by 3. Just wondering how Pryor is eligible? He flunked every course in the Spring, didn't make Summer school, and has had multiple discipline issues this Fall to the point where people said he was kicked out of school. Maybe he was just suspended and not expelled like many sources were saying, but how does he pass his classes? In the Sentinel's article, Coach Mitchell said the administration made the decision to let him play. What about his grades? Has he been cleared by TSSAA? This is a joke! AE=Always Eligible.

Most school distrcits have what is known as "Credit Recovery". This allows students to work independently on course work until they complete and recover the credit. I don't know how TSSAA views such a program...The whole thing looks shady.

.i also heard that he threw a punch at one of the coaches in the locker room last year, dont know if its true but if so, what does that say about mitchell as a man?! SMH

First of you all keep bringing stuff up from the past.... And no that punch wasn't thrown at any coach from the AE coaching staff.. That happen during the summer AAU session.. But that was LAST YEAR and that wasn't a coach it was a player from another team which threw one at Pryor first so let's get the facts straight before posting.....

Another thing, the Lopez thing is a just a RUMOR, no truth behind that..

oh ok well im glad u cleared the punch thing up.. but with a past like his what else are u going to look at?! would u let an ex thief, vandalizer n woman beater date ur daughter just because people have told u that he has changed?! i dont think so! u keep talkin about "the past the past the past".. if "the past" didnt matter then none of us would need to present resumes when trying to get a job! he's a heck of a player with ALOT of potential.. just needs to get away from that street life..reminds me of pacman jones

he's a heck of a player with ALOT of potential.. just needs to get away from that street life..reminds me of pacman jones

You're exactly right my friend. That's why I'm asking you all to just post positive things instead of negative things.. I mean, everyone has a sour past like you said but there comes a time when we all put childish things behind us and start maturing.. Maybe this is Pryor's Fresh start and I'm giving him a chance to shine... However, you all on the other hand won't even give him the time or day to prove that he's matured.

I think we have heard enough negativity about Mr. Pryor. He is back on the team and in the spirit of the Holidays it is time to focus on forgiveness and redemption.....

THanks for unlocking this thread!! I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and thus far everyone has keep it within the coacht guidelines.

Hope you are right about pryor turtle, but i still think he could be a timebomb, hope i am wrong, i enjoy watching him play, but he has a terrible temper that can get the best of him.

Thanks mrdrano, I think we all enjoy watching him play and we're hoping that temper doesn't explode this year. (knock on wood)

I think we have heard enough negativity about Mr. Pryor. He is back on the team and in the spirit of the Holidays it is time to focus on forgiveness and redemption.....

I am a true believer in redemption and this is a case for it. We need to focus our attention to the fact that this kid has an opportunity to turn things around. His past is his past, and he has to deal with it. What we should expect is a worthy player playing bball for A.E.. AE's coach will be dealt with only when the parents want for it to happen. Until then, let him coach the way the staff, parents and fans want him to coach. Yes they are having a down year, but you deserve what you pay for. AE beating Carter was a waterloo and kinda shook things up a lil. Only time will tell, but one thing you can count on is Coach M, will find some way to talk to Lopez. Haha!