Tri-County Seven - - Week of 20 December, 2009

krichunaka

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering where everyone has gone myself ET. Maybe everyone had just decided Elizabethton is that much better than everyone else and they either don't want to admit it or they are afraid to get Coachh started. The Cyclones have proven they are the top team and Unicoi is pretty far behind. Hampton must also be put down below after their showing against Elizabethton. Would be happy to hear from some of the other teams to let us know how things are going. Hampton seems to be the best in single A while like previous mentioned Unicoi, Happy Valley and Johnson County don't seem to be able to compete with the Cyclones. Anyone with insight on the Hampton/Elizabethton game? 19 points for Hampton, was it poor shooting, great defense or what was the main problem? Haven't heard much from the Unicoi faithful this year. Did get to watch them play. Maybe not as good as I thought they might be. Even though 1 game should not be a big indication on their ability. Post play didn't seem as good, offensively mostly. Guard play was decent but seem to lack some exposiveness. And what about Elizabethton, pretty darn good. A lot of weapons. Play with a lot of intensity. Should make a major run in the post season. Over all the play in the tri-county this year is probably a little down. Maybe that's why we're not getting much response.....

Wondering where everyone has gone myself ET. Maybe everyone had just decided Elizabethton is that much better than everyone else and they either don't want to admit it or they are afraid to get Coachh started. The Cyclones have proven they are the top team and Unicoi is pretty far behind. Hampton must also be put down below after their showing against Elizabethton. Would be happy to hear from some of the other teams to let us know how things are going. Hampton seems to be the best in single A while like previous mentioned Unicoi, Happy Valley and Johnson County don't seem to be able to compete with the Cyclones. Anyone with insight on the Hampton/Elizabethton game? 19 points for Hampton, was it poor shooting, great defense or what was the main problem? Haven't heard much from the Unicoi faithful this year. Did get to watch them play. Maybe not as good as I thought they might be. Even though 1 game should not be a big indication on their ability. Post play didn't seem as good, offensively mostly. Guard play was decent but seem to lack some exposiveness. And what about Elizabethton, pretty darn good. A lot of weapons. Play with a lot of intensity. Should make a major run in the post season. Over all the play in the tri-county this year is probably a little down. Maybe that's why we're not getting much response.....

To be honest, I was totally surprised with how the Elizabethton/Hampton game played out. Hampton had very good results last week by defeating Science Hill and taking Unicoi to the wire. From what I gather, they had Unicoi beat and self-destructed in the last minute of the game. My feeling going into the game was that if Betsy played up to par, they would win by 10-15 (especially since the game was at home). I expected the game to be close for a while. However, after taking the lead for the first couple of minutes, Hampton was not able to sustain and was never really in the game after that. I don't think they scored in the 2nd quarter. I would say Hampton's offensive woes were a combination of cold shooting and tenacious D by the Lady Cyclones. I'd like to think the Lady Cyclone defense had something to do with the poor shooting. I could be wrong, but I doubt the Lady Dawgs have faced that kind of constant pressure this year. What's really scary is that the Lady Cyclones didn't shoot very well for the game!

From the AA perspective, it's apparent to me that the district re-alignment and formation of the Three Rivers Conference has resulted in a much weaker conference. No disrespect to anyone, but there's a pretty wide gap between EHS/UCHS and the rest. I put EHS a notch above Unicoi at this point. To be fair to Unicoi, they are really young and will only get better (started a jr, 3 sophs and fr against EHS). The bottom 4 teams have not even had much success against the local single A teams. I'm afraid the loss of the 3 Greene County teams to the BRAC will hurt the TRC teams come tourney time. Barring upsets, I expect the Regional Semi's to include Elizabethton and Unicoi from the TRC and South Greene and Greeneville from the BRAC. Time will tell how this will play out...

To be honest, I was totally surprised with how the Elizabethton/Hampton game played out. Hampton had very good results last week by defeating Science Hill and taking Unicoi to the wire. From what I gather, they had Unicoi beat and self-destructed in the last minute of the game. My feeling going into the game was that if Betsy played up to par, they would win by 10-15 (especially since the game was at home). I expected the game to be close for a while. However, after taking the lead for the first couple of minutes, Hampton was not able to sustain and was never really in the game after that. I don't think they scored in the 2nd quarter. I would say Hampton's offensive woes were a combination of cold shooting and tenacious D by the Lady Cyclones. I'd like to think the Lady Cyclone defense had something to do with the poor shooting. I could be wrong, but I doubt the Lady Dawgs have faced that kind of constant pressure this year. What's really scary is that the Lady Cyclones didn't shoot very well for the game!

From the AA perspective, it's apparent to me that the district re-alignment and formation of the Three Rivers Conference has resulted in a much weaker conference. No disrespect to anyone, but there's a pretty wide gap between EHS/UCHS and the rest. I put EHS a notch above Unicoi at this point. To be fair to Unicoi, they are really young and will only get better (started a jr, 3 sophs and fr against EHS). The bottom 4 teams have not even had much success against the local single A teams. I'm afraid the loss of the 3 Greene County teams to the BRAC will hurt the TRC teams come tourney time. Barring upsets, I expect the Regional Semi's to include Elizabethton and Unicoi from the TRC and South Greene and Greeneville from the BRAC. Time will tell how this will play out...

Everyone has scattered. The Lady Cyclones are rolling right along. Their defensive intensity is too much for most teams to handle. They are routinely playing 15 players in most games and getting something out of all 15 players. I believe this is a very good Cyclone team, just not sure how good. Many of the other area teams are way down this year, so it is hard to really tell how good Elizabethton is. Unicoi Co. is the only league team that can play with them right now and it was still a 16 point Cyclone win. Unicoi Co. may play better at home in the rematch. Greeneville and South Greene will be waiting in the Region, but the Lady Cyclones may not encounter much resistance until then. Go Cyclones!

• 3 weeks later...

The Lady Cyclones are still rolling along. I was hoping to see the EHS vs. CAK match-up, but it doesn't appear that game is going to be made up. I wish we had a game remaining with someone like MW, SH, TH or DB as a measure of where this team is right now. Unfortunately we don't, so I guess we'll see come tournament time.

Where is everyone??? Someone please post something about somebody... :thumb:

The Three Rivers Conference has not been too competetive for Elizabethton this year. I feel that even Unicoi is a notch below Betsy this year... The District will be Betsy's to hoist this week and they probably will not be tested until the Regionals get underway. I almost wish that they would bring back the Greene County teams to get some excitement during the regular season. To make Coachh17 happy: Go Cyclones!

Coachh - I'm happy too. EHS has performed very well throughout the regular season and now it's time to see what they can do in post-season. Based on the regular season results, the Lady Cyclones should win the district tournament. But as it has been said many times before, "that's why you play the games." In order to prevail, the Lady Cyclones will have to absorb everyone's best shot I'm sure. I expect the Regionals to be very competitive with EHS, Unicoi, SG, and Greeneville as the favorites. Personally, I think C-D is a dangerous team that no one really wants to play right now (especially on their home court). Hopefully the Lady Cyclones will realize their potential and make a deep run in this post-season. Time will tell. Go Lady Cyclones!

Where are the fans from the other District 1 teams?

No question the cyclones are the class of the conference this year. Unicoi will have to play a near perfect game for 32 minutes just to have a chance to win. I do not like Duggers' methods off the court and have said so; but on the court the guy absolutely knows how to coach. I wouldnt be surprised to see him take over the boys program next year as street is not getting it done.

anyway, I was sorry to see cara bowling get hurt last night. Looked like a nasty fall and blow to the head. Hope she's okay although it wouldnt hurt my feelings if Dugger kept her out monday. I still say eliz will win but that gives unicoi a little better chance. Not sure if I would rather play greeneville or south greene in the reg semis. Unicoi likely wont beat either unless they learn that the game is 32 minutes, not 24.