Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State Girls Soccer

Bean0007

Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State Girls Soccer Team

Class A/AA

Coach of the year: Ried Estus, Christian Academy of Knoxville

Goalkeeper: Alyssa Crum, Greeneville; Lauren Pruitt, Silverdale.

Forward: Victoria Anderson, CPA; Ruthie Edmunds, CAK; Audra Hockenberger, Harpeth; Brittany Hoffman, CAK; Caroline Lodge, Greeneville; Kate Maguigan, Page, Jr.

Midfielders: Emma Caylor, Dyersburg; Danielle Ciabitonne, Allison Gehron, Arts and Sciences; Notre Dame; Kat Nigro, Livingston Academy, Jr.; Marie Scott, Greeneville; Mary Thompson, CAK;

Defender: Amy Macsimowitz, CPA; Krista Mitchell, David Lipscomb; Annie Russell, White House; Chauncey Simmons, Chattanooga Christian; Bree Wilhoit, Greeneville; Madison Woody, Kingston.

Class AAA

Coach of the Year: David Wolff, Houston

Goalkeeper: Caitlin Cody, Knox West; Savannah Shipman, Brentwood.

Forwards: Katie Clark, Dobyns-Bennett; Audrey Howard, Brentwood; Olivia Harrison, Houston; Emily Jones, Cleveland; Kia Perry, Station Camp; Samantha Turner, Bearden.

Midfielder: Tisha Blankenship, Houston, Bailey Bussart, Houston, Sr.; Greta Jochman, Oak Ridge; Hannah McGowen, Riverdale, Sr.; Alexis Pugh, Collierville; Morgan Zigelsky, Franklin.

Defender: Taylor Cravanas, Bearden; Lucy Pater, Brentwood; Kelsey Plummer, Hendersonville; Stephanie Surgener, Siegel; Amy Thompson, Knoxville West; Chanel Thorpe, Houston;

Division II

Coach of they year: Bobby Ireland, St. Agnes

Goalkeeper: Julie Eckel, St. Benedict; Amy Mirro, St. George’s.

Forward: Allie Albright, Evangelical Christian; Bethany Bunker, St. Agnes; Cailin Harris, Pope John Paul II; Honeye Heydari, USJ; Abi Sanvee, Evangelical Christian; Elisabeth Sullivan, Briarcrest; McKenzie Thomas, Baylor.

Midfielder: Molly Johnson, Brentwood Academy; Savannah Kegg, Father Ryan; Brittany Moss, Evangelical Christian; Carmen Manes, St. Agnes; Mary Patterson, St. George’s; Carissa Sanchez, Baylor.

Defender: Caroline Capocaccia, St. Agnes; Teni Butler, Baylor; Leah Loven, Pope John Paul II; Sarah Mastey, Girls Preparatory School; Devon Meske, Knoxville Webb; Peyton Thomas, Baylor.

Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State Girls Soccer Team

Class A/AA

Coach of the year: Ried Estus, Christian Academy of Knoxville

Goalkeeper: Alyssa Crum, Greeneville; Lauren Pruitt, Silverdale.

Forward: Victoria Anderson, CPA; Ruthie Edmunds, CAK; Audra Hockenberger, Harpeth; Brittany Hoffman, CAK; Caroline Lodge, Greeneville; Kate Maguigan, Page, Jr.

Midfielders: Emma Caylor, Dyersburg; Danielle Ciabitonne, Allison Gehron, Arts and Sciences; Notre Dame; Kat Nigro, Livingston Academy, Jr.; Marie Scott, Greeneville; Mary Thompson, CAK;

Defender: Amy Macsimowitz, CPA; Krista Mitchell, David Lipscomb; Annie Russell, White House; Chauncey Simmons, Chattanooga Christian; Bree Wilhoit, Greeneville; Madison Woody, Kingston.

Class AAA

Coach of the Year: David Wolff, Houston

Goalkeeper: Caitlin Cody, Knox West; Savannah Shipman, Brentwood.

Forwards: Katie Clark, Dobyns-Bennett; Audrey Howard, Brentwood; Olivia Harrison, Houston; Emily Jones, Cleveland; Kia Perry, Station Camp; Samantha Turner, Bearden.

Midfielder: Tisha Blankenship, Houston, Bailey Bussart, Houston, Sr.; Greta Jochman, Oak Ridge; Hannah McGowen, Riverdale, Sr.; Alexis Pugh, Collierville; Morgan Zigelsky, Franklin.

Defender: Taylor Cravanas, Bearden; Lucy Pater, Brentwood; Kelsey Plummer, Hendersonville; Stephanie Surgener, Siegel; Amy Thompson, Knoxville West; Chanel Thorpe, Houston;

Division II

Coach of they year: Bobby Ireland, St. Agnes

Goalkeeper: Julie Eckel, St. Benedict; Amy Mirro, St. George’s.

Forward: Allie Albright, Evangelical Christian; Bethany Bunker, St. Agnes; Cailin Harris, Pope John Paul II; Honeye Heydari, USJ; Abi Sanvee, Evangelical Christian; Elisabeth Sullivan, Briarcrest; McKenzie Thomas, Baylor.

Midfielder: Molly Johnson, Brentwood Academy; Savannah Kegg, Father Ryan; Brittany Moss, Evangelical Christian; Carmen Manes, St. Agnes; Mary Patterson, St. George’s; Carissa Sanchez, Baylor.

Defender: Caroline Capocaccia, St. Agnes; Teni Butler, Baylor; Leah Loven, Pope John Paul II; Sarah Mastey, Girls Preparatory School; Devon Meske, Knoxville Webb; Peyton Thomas, Baylor.

This list is not as good as the coaches list. Obviously due to being carved down some there are some big omissions. This list appears to be influenced by those that made state. Interesting...

soooo... one list is to big one list to small.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This list is not as good as the coaches list. Obviously due to being carved down some there are some big omissions. This list appears to be influenced by those that made state. Interesting...

What do you mean "not as good".......the players? Or did this list just not include your favorite player? And of course the teams that made state get the most PR. All the players are very deserving, but as pointed out previously, any list will leave very good players out; it just depends on who made out the list. I think the coaches are probably the most knowledgable, but will have some bias. The writers list will always be from those that got the most exposure IMO. Each list is a honor, but Congratulations are in order for everyone that made either list.

It is a good list and congrats to those who made it. As we all know the level of competition continues to rise year after year. Generating these lists becomes more difficult. In this case it is the SPortswriters list and we all know they make few games. Likely it is those players who are getting the PR on a frequent basis or those players who impress the writer when they attend a game that get the nod.

IMO, it is good to finally see a list of a team and not half the state.

soooo... one list is to big one list to small.

:thumb::thumb::lol::lol:

What do you mean "not as good".......the players? Or did this list just not include your favorite player? And of course the teams that made state get the most PR. All the players are very deserving, but as pointed out previously, any list will leave very good players out; it just depends on who made out the list. I think the coaches are probably the most knowledgable, but will have some bias. The writers list will always be from those that got the most exposure IMO. Each list is a honor, but Congratulations are in order for everyone that made either list.

Of course congrats are in order. No list is perfect....that's why we have coach T!!! Maybe a better choice of words would have been I didn't think their list was as "complete"...as in recognizing the best players across the state versus those who are good players but got recognition due to their teams success. We all know awesome girls who play for avg teams but don't get as much pub due to the lack of their teams success. two great players and 9 bad players cant beat a solid team. It's just pure numbers.

Some of ya'll have mentioned part of my issue which is the writers usually only make certain games and those are the ones they know to nominate. Fair enough...it is what it is....but coaches know the players and their talent because they have to prepare for them. If you can't make both list, I rather be on the coaches list eventhough it is bigger.

And no...I'm not worried about my "favorite" girl making it. We'v been in the soccer cirlces now for 8-10 years, club, odp, etc...so I'm familiar with some of the girls state wide that were left off and also some local girls that were not recognized. IMO...these girls are not only better players but they had better seasons then some mentioned.

Just because a team was at state doesn't mean their starting midfielder or their starting center defender should make the writers poll. that's why you have all tournament teams.

As many people have said , all lists of any type are subjective. In my opinion, lists compiled by those most knowledgable of the game are the most meaningful. They usually consider the performance of a player over the course of an entire season, not just certain games. With that said, the best evaluators of talent and skill are the college coaches and the most prestigious awards are the scholarships awarded to those players so that they can continue their careers at the next level. A list of players that have received scholarships to play in college is most representative of the "best" players in any sport.

CONGRATULATIONS Ladies, well deserved!

I have been busy post season, but wanted to let the ladies know that they are appreciated! I finally have a chance to share the 2010 & 2011 list of TN ladies that have verbally committed.

Nigro, Kathryn D Livingston, TN- NORTH CAROLINA -WOW! (I heard Anson gave her a great christmas present, beating out many other top colleges)-Great soccer, Great Academics

Eckel, Julie GK Memphis, TN- UT-CONGRATULATIONS-Great Soccer Great School

Kink, Emily D Franklin, TN- AUSTIN PEAY- CONGRATULATIONS -Great Soccer Great School

Mangrum, Taylor GK Franklin, TN -UT CHATTANOOGA -CONGRATULATIONS-Great Soccer Great School

McGowen, Hannah M Nashville, TN- UT-MARTIN - CONGRATULATIONS-Great Soccer Great School

Sanvee, Abi F Collierville, TN- UT-MARTIN -CONGRATULATIONS-Great Soccer Great School

Brandon, Morgan D Knoxville, TN-CARSON-NEWMAN -CONGRATULATIONS Great Soccer Great School

Cody, Caitlin GK Knoxville, TN- CHARLESTON SOUTHERN -CONGRATULATIONS-(how could the state of TN let her get away?) - Great Soccer Great School

Hoffman, Brittany F Knoxville, TN- SAMFORD-Great Soccer Great School-

Jones, Emily F Cleveland, TN- BELMONT - Great Soccer Great School

Meske, Devon D Knoxville, TN- AMERICAN - (OUR LOSS, great school) -Great Soccer Great School

Shipman, Savannah GK Brentwood, TN -SAMFORD - Great Soccer Great School

Vaughn, Molly F Nashville, TN- EAST TENNESSEE STATE- Great Soccer Great School

I know I dont have all, CONGRATULATIONS, We wish you the best!Looking forward to watching you in your college games. and some in your WPS games and Beyond.