district 8aaa predictions/region 4

redbird9

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won the regular season last year. That is a pretty good year. This isn't single A baseball. The regular season champ doesn't run right through the tournament every year, in fact, the history of this district is the exact opposite. The regular season champ rarely does well in the tourney.

Do YOU feel like a big man now using big words. I would love to see Sumertown play Columbia and Shelbyville play Cascade. Wait I remember why Shelbyville will not play Cascade. They did Frazier first year and got beat so he is scared to play them now.

I am not knocking single A baseball but a fact is a fact. Watch how many regular season champs go on to run through their district tournaments. There are good teams in single A but there is usually ONE good team per district. Teams like Summertown and Cascade are good teams but who pushes them? For the record, if Columbia throws their ace and Summertown throws their ace then the game is not close. Summertown probably wouldn't score. I can't speak for Cascade and Shelbyville.

They won the regular season last year. That is a pretty good year. This isn't single A baseball. The regular season champ doesn't run right through the tournament every year, in fact, the history of this district is the exact opposite. The regular season champ rarely does well in the tourney.

Do YOU feel like a big man now using big words. I would love to see Sumertown play Columbia and Shelbyville play Cascade. Wait I remember why Shelbyville will not play Cascade. They did Frazier first year and got beat so he is scared to play them now.

Clever name change Cascade10 (aka artist formerly known as Screamingeagles). Just for everbody's information he changed his name because his son just quit SCHS and transferred yesterday to guess where? Cascade. Think he might have an axe to grind? Seems so. So quit hiding behind a name and if you want to put someone down and have problem with someone quit throwing out personal attacks on Frazier on here. Instead if you have something to say you might want address your issues with him face to face. If not shut up and enjoy your time at Cascade. We wish you and yours the best. If actually knew as much as you thought you did you would know that Frazier began at SCHS in 2006-07 when your son was an eighth grade at Liberty. SCHS last played Cascade in 2005, HALL's next to last year at SCHS. Shelbyville pitched their # 6 or 7 in that game who threw about 135 pitches, and Cascade uses #1, 2, 3, and maybe even 4. Cascade won 6-5 yes and only did so by scoring 4 runs in the last inning. Anyway that is beside the point except to say you don't have a clue and don't have your facts straight.

The biggest difference between A, AA and AAA in most cases is depth. There are good A and AA teams that not only compete but can win and win easliy against good AAA teams. However, most A teams don't have the quality hitters or pitching throughout their roster. They usual have a few good hitters 1-4 and then there usually a a big dropoff. The same for pitching after you get past their 1 or 2 there usually is another big drop off. That doesn't mean that those teams don't have as good of talent as a AAA school they usually don't have as much. And that isn't a knock on any program, some have more talent and don't have as much. As for Shelbyville, you can't lose you top two or three pitchers and still expect to dominate with young and/or inexperience pitchers. And Columbia and Shelbyville both had good regular seasons last year, but anyhting can happen during tournament play. And I agree with columbiaguy, just because you had a great regular doen't mean you automatically win the tourney.

Franklin County 5 -2 over Tullahoma tonight at Franklin County. Dylan Davis pitched well tonight going 5.1 for the win. Tiedemann came in the sixth and shut it down. Defense played good with only one error and turned a couple of nice double palys. Put five runs up in the first two innings and should have had more, left bases loaded in the second and two in scoring postition in the first and I think in the fifth. Tullahoma collected 8 hits all spread out over 7 innings while the Rebels pounded out 10. Good quick game, look forward to tomorrow nights game at Grider.

Franklin County 5 -2 over Tullahoma tonight at Franklin County. Dylan Davis pitched well tonight going 5.1 for the win. Tiedemann came in the sixth and shut it down. Defense played good with only one error and turned a couple of nice double palys. Put five runs up in the first two innings and should have had more, left bases loaded in the second and two in scoring postition in the first and I think in the fifth. Tullahoma collected 8 hits all spread out over 7 innings while the Rebels pounded out 10. Good quick game, look forward to tomorrow nights game at Grider.

Your team has been on a hot street. Always a rivalry game. Congrats.

The Cats 17 game winning streak is over. Wednesdays game with the Rebels is now a battle for a bye in the district tourney. Tullahoma can still win the regular season title, but must win tomorrow nite against the Rebels and sweep Columbia. Franklin Co is a good solid team and led from start to finish. Is Tullahoma contenders or pretenders? We'll find out Wed nite. Start time at Grider Stadium is 5:30pm.