Dyer Co vs.Dyersburg

mrbigster

Ok, the game was one of the best played between the two teams in several years. .............the watchful eye of what may turn out to be the best coach in West Tennessee in Mahaffey, is on the rebound so to speak. ............. For the many wishing to crucify the referees, please get over it. Over the past four years since McCord arrived, and I mean this, I can't remember one game, not even one, when DC lost a game (there hasn't been very many) when it was because the other team was better. It seems it's always somebody's fault (meaning the striped shirts). Seriously, I can't help but wonder if Dyersburg would have won last night, it would have been all because of the officiating. Hogwash!

Hyperbole much? Or just short memory? Best game in several years, you really think this game was better than the '07 game (66-65) where one of the teams (DC) actually did come from behind in the last seconds to win? Best Coach in West TN?, wow thats a prediction. Never beaten by a better team? Where were you for the Bolivar loss? See anyone claimimg the refs stole it?

What a load of hooey!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read what was said one more time..."One of the best"...and yes after the Bolivar game there was alot of complaining about the officiating...perhaps you didn't hear it, but the whining was there. It wasn't a prediciton concerning Mahaffey and wasn't spoken as one, again, read it again.

Ok, the game was one of the best played between the two teams in several years. .............the watchful eye of what may turn out to be the best coach in West Tennessee in Mahaffey, is on the rebound so to speak. ............. For the many wishing to crucify the referees, please get over it. Over the past four years since McCord arrived, and I mean this, I can't remember one game, not even one, when DC lost a game (there hasn't been very many) when it was because the other team was better. It seems it's always somebody's fault (meaning the striped shirts). Seriously, I can't help but wonder if Dyersburg would have won last night, it would have been all because of the officiating. Hogwash!

Hyperbole much? Or just short memory? Best game in several years, you really think this game was better than the '07 game (66-65) where one of the teams (DC) actually did come from behind in the last seconds to win? Best Coach in West TN?, wow thats a prediction. Never beaten by a better team? Where were you for the Bolivar loss? See anyone claimimg the refs stole it?

What a load of hooey!

SaintKnute II. Youe apology is accepted. Sorry about the rant.

Smitty, Nobody is crying about the officials and I sure didn`t see any after the Bolivar game. I`ll say it again, the Trojans played much better than I expected, DC didn`t rebound, and Bolivar is a very good team that handed it to DC. There !

Read what was said one more time..."One of the best"...and yes after the Bolivar game there was alot of complaining about the officiating...perhaps you didn't hear it, but the whining was there. It wasn't a prediciton concerning Mahaffey and wasn't spoken as one, again, read it again.

No matter how many times you read the same thing. It still comes back as you saying Mahaffey is the best coach in West TN. Hate to say this but Mahaffey hasn't gotten a signature win yet unless you count Brighton like others have. :flower: You are right about the whining was there for the Bolivar game... it came from BOLIVAR FANS if you go back and look! The game in Feb. gonna be fun! :flower:

No matter how many times you read the same thing. It still comes back as you saying Mahaffey is the best coach in West TN. Hate to say this but Mahaffey hasn't gotten a signature win yet unless you count Brighton like others have. :flower: You are right about the whining was there for the Bolivar game... it came from BOLIVAR FANS if you go back and look! The game in Feb. gonna be fun! :flower:

i dont know if he will be the best coach in west tennessee but i do believe he will get dyersburg basketball back to where it should be, and he will do it the right way.

i dont know if he will be the best coach in west tennessee but i do believe he will get dyersburg basketball back to where it should be, and he will do it the right way.

Look, didn't in any way try to get into a war of words so I'll try to simplify what I meant. As far as Mahaffey, I said he "MAY" turn out to be, not that he was now or would be soon. Further, with that statement there was no disrespect aimed at anybody. True, he has no signature wins, but I guess what I meant was that Dyersburg has seen a very positive turnaround since his arrival. Again, wasn't trying to get in a war of words, but on here I should have expected it.

Look, didn't in any way try to get into a war of words so I'll try to simplify what I meant. As far as Mahaffey, I said he "MAY" turn out to be, not that he was now or would be soon. Further, with that statement there was no disrespect aimed at anybody. True, he has no signature wins, but I guess what I meant was that Dyersburg has seen a very positive turnaround since his arrival. Again, wasn't trying to get in a war of words, but on here I should have expected it.

I agree with you on that he has given Dyersburg a positive turnaround! :flower:

Maybe we should start refering to the Dyer co. team as a very good travel team since they are made up of players from counties around west Tn and across the river.The coach is amuch better recuiter than coach. Maybe he needs to be at the college level....

Maybe we should grow up and quit running our mouths about mccord recruiting? it's like a broken record, every other post about dyer county has something to do with recruiting. kids want to play where they will win & be wellcoached.

SaintKnuteII === WHAT DID YOU MEAN ON YOUR POST AT 3:19 PM ON JANUARY 07, 2010 ( QUOTE AND HE'LL DO IT THE RIGHT WAY UNQUOTE) ARE YOU SAYING THAT MC CORD IS DOING SOMETHING WRONG, INCORRECT, OR WHAT

Yeah i let that pass by. Everyone brings up the "R" word! Just like the guy/girl on the next page joined to just to say the "R" word! And what trouble has Dyer Co. got into?? NONE!!!

SaintKnuteII === WHAT DID YOU MEAN ON YOUR POST AT 3:19 PM ON JANUARY 07, 2010 ( QUOTE AND HE'LL DO IT THE RIGHT WAY UNQUOTE) ARE YOU SAYING THAT MC CORD IS DOING SOMETHING WRONG, INCORRECT, OR WHAT

Yeah i let that pass by. Everyone brings up the "R" word! Just like the guy/girl on the next page joined to just to say the "R" word! And what trouble has Dyer Co. got into?? NONE!!!

The "R" word you refer to is recruiting, which is against TSSAA rules. By saying "And what trouble has Dyer Co. got into?? None!!!", it appears you are saying it is OK to break rules as long as you dont get caught????????