Dyer Co vs.Dyersburg

mrbigster

Where are the Dyer Co faithful?..I posted on the Dyersburg -Brighton thread and nobody from Dyer Co has posted..I guess it wasn't the blowout many was expecting..Like I said in that post..Dyer Co has more talent but Dyersburg doesn't quit..The gym was packed..Both teams had their mascots there..the Trojans even came out with a mascot dressed in a referee uniform ,wearing dark glasses and a cane as if he he were blind like the officials..Students with their shirts off and painted..Scalp the Choctaws or something to that effect,,..Great atmosphere..Dyer Co. ended up winning 81-74 but Dyersburg had a 1 point lead with just over as minute to play ..John Hudson ended up getting a key rebound and made a stick back and got fouled and made the free throw to put Dyer Co back in the lead..That was a key play..Had Dyersburg got the ball back..probably would have leld onto the ball and hit free throws.Dyer Co also had a run out with Fred Yarbrough going for a layup and Dyersburg was called for an intentional foul and made both free throws and got the ball back..That was a big play at the time also..Dyer Co got what they came for..to come out with a win.!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the Dyer Co faithful?..I posted on the Dyersburg -Brighton thread and nobody from Dyer Co has posted..I guess it wasn't the blowout many was expecting..Like I said in that post..Dyer Co has more talent but Dyersburg doesn't quit..The gym was packed..Both teams had their mascots there..the Trojans even came out with a mascot dressed in a referee uniform ,wearing dark glasses and a cane as if he he were blind like the officials..Students with their shirts off and painted..Scalp the Choctaws or something to that effect,,..Great atmosphere..Dyer Co. ended up winning 81-74 but Dyersburg had a 1 point lead with just over as minute to play ..John Hudson ended up getting a key rebound and made a stick back and got fouled and made the free throw to put Dyer Co back in the lead..That was a key play..Had Dyersburg got the ball back..probably would have leld onto the ball and hit free throws.Dyer Co also had a run out with Fred Yarbrough going for a layup and Dyersburg was called for an intentional foul and made both free throws and got the ball back..That was a big play at the time also..Dyer Co got what they came for..to come out with a win.!

I'll post bigster! Scalp the Choctaws? How cute? It would have been if they would have won! :thumb: Dyersburg may not quit, but neither do the Choctaws and in the end of the game the Choctaws showed that NO QUIT mentality and closed the door on the Trojans. Way to go Choctaws!!!! :thumb:

The DHS mascot could have done a much better job officiating the game.

any time dc struggles it is always about the referees. why can't you just admit that dburg was better than you thought or dc is WAY overrated.

I've seen Dyer Co about 5 times this year and Dyersburg about 7 times because of the Christmas tournament..Dyer Co in my opinion has a lot of weapons..Can play a lot of players..And are still young..I think they are one of the better teams in West Tenn and could hold their own with most anyone,with the exception of a few Memphis teams that are loaded this year..But I also think they are under estimating Dyersburg..When I first saw Dyersburg warming up early in the year against Millington in the jamboree..I thought it was going to be ugly..But Dyersburg won and really hustled..Then I saw them about 4 more times and thought..this team is pretty darn good..Like I said in an earlier post..even if Dyersburg gets down..are not going to quit..I believe Lake Co has more talent individually..but they seem to relax or coast too much..Dyersburg plays harder..Dyersburg has impressed me every game I've watched them..simply because I've seen several teams have more talent..but at the end of the game every team has had to really hustle and play hard to win..Dyersburg isnt going to be an easy win for a lot of teams like they may seem to think.!

good game on both sides. dyersburg gave me a little scare there, they definitely have that no-quit mentality & their coach is probably the best coach theyve had in the past 4 years. good game for the rivalry, probably the best since ive been a freshman. cant wait till they come to us! j-wills dunk @ the end capped off a great night even though it didnt count. refs are never consistent but you have to play through it. great game for both squads, should be another good one in newbern in feburary!

Dyersburg's coach is doing a great job with what he has. They really don't have that "superstar" on the team, but they all play team ball and hustle everywhere. I've seen them twice thus far this year and I'll see them again Friday when Gibson Co. heads down there.

Speaking of Gibson Co., our game against Milan last night was decided on a foul called on our end of the floor after a loose ball and gave Milan 2 FT's with like 4 seconds left and they won it. There's no doubt we had our chances in that game, but how do you really decide a basketball game by calling a ticky tack foul on the other end of the court?

any time dc struggles it is always about the referees. why can't you just admit that dburg was better than you thought or dc is WAY overrated.

Hey dude. Please pay attention to the post b4 replying to it.

1) Dyersburg did have alot more than I thought they would. Good game for them.

2) DC showed the worst display of rebounding I have seen in a long time

3) You NEVER heard me say that DC got a bad call. They called a terrible game on both ends of the court. I simply stated "The DHS mascot could have done a much better job officiating the game".

4) I stand by my original post !!

5) Why do you and a few others try to twist and turn post around just to benefit your dislikeings. As stated in an earlier post, the DHS mascot was the one acting as a blind official, yet you take my post and turn it on the DC fans. Get a life jerk !!

I'll post bigster! Scalp the Choctaws? How cute? It would have been if they would have won! :thumb: Dyersburg may not quit, but neither do the Choctaws and in the end of the game the Choctaws showed that NO QUIT mentality and closed the door on the Trojans. Way to go Choctaws!!!! :thumb:

It said "You Got Scalped" as a reference to the 2009 DCHS vs DHS football game. Each kid also had their football number painted on their back. Many people thought it was very clever, especially since many people seem to love the slogan "Just Like Football".

Hey dude. Please pay attention to the post b4 replying to it.

1) Dyersburg did have alot more than I thought they would. Good game for them.

2) DC showed the worst display of rebounding I have seen in a long time

3) You NEVER heard me say that DC got a bad call. They called a terrible game on both ends of the court. I simply stated "The DHS mascot could have done a much better job officiating the game".

4) I stand by my original post !!

5) Why do you and a few others try to twist and turn post around just to benefit your dislikeings. As stated in an earlier post, the DHS mascot was the one acting as a blind official, yet you take my post and turn it on the DC fans. Get a life jerk !!

now i see where you were coming from. please accept my apology.

Ok, the game was one of the best played between the two teams in several years. Those who know me already know I think DC has a really solid team and do what they do very well. Having said that, I think what many DC fans saw last night is simply what many Trojan fans have been seeing all year with Dyersburg. Yes, the boys program, under the watchful eye of what may turn out to be the best coach in West Tennessee in Mahaffey, is on the rebound so to speak. With no 'superstar' the team has bonded together and they will get after your a.. for 32 minutes. Make no mistake about it, DC is a very talented team that didn't play very well and still came away with the win, so congrats to the fellas. However, by the end of the season when the district tourney rolls around, which team will look forward to playing Dyersburg? Probably not very many. For the many wishing to crucify the referees, please get over it. Over the past four years since McCord arrived, and I mean this, I can't remember one game, not even one, when DC lost a game (there hasn't been very many) when it was because the other team was better. It seems it's always somebody's fault (meaning the striped shirts). Seriously, I can't help but wonder if Dyersburg would have won last night, it would have been all because of the officiating. Hogwash!