LaVergne girls still unbeaten...however...

nrgrizzlies

Thanks for the kind words! I don't know exactly what's going on. Jasmine Dale did not play tonight, I think she twisted her knee or something earlier in the week, so she may have been resting it. I don't think Jefferson's playing 100% yet, but she's on her way. The difference may be that the rest of the team has picked up the slack in her absence, so they're "spreading the wealth" and she's not the only threat on the court... I'm not sure on Missy Brimm's status myself. I'd like to hope we can see her back in the lineup, as she's a terrific young player. You put her and Jasmine "Reckless Abandon" Brimm on the court at the same time, and you'd better look out! :roflol:

Injury related questions remain. What happened to Jasmine Dale -a 4 year starter? Not in the newest box score. Is Jefferson playing at far less than 100% on that knee? Will Missy Brimm play this season at all?

Staying unbeaten with all the injuries is very impressive though.

Jasmine did not play last night...had issues w/the knee after the Blackman game. She played when they played Siegel but was in a lot of pain. Went to the Dr on Wednesday & was diagnosed with "jumper's knee", hopefully with some rest, anti-inflammatory & cold therapy treatment, she'll be ready to go soon. Quinta is not at 100% but appears to be getting stronger each game. From what I u/s, Missy should be back pretty soon.

Staying unbeaten has been tough & it's been good to see everyone step up & play hard.

Some of the girls who don't play as much should get some good 2nd half minutes vs. Oakland.

:wub:

You are likely right but you can't overlook oakland playing you a good game. Lately "L" hasn't started out quickly. They are playing very good at finishing. It may be on purpose.

Must have that 19-0 run to start the 2nd half LHS went on. Or holding Oakland's leading scorer to 6 points. In any case, it didn't end up very close, did it? :wub:

(I hope Oakland has a different p.a. announcer for basketball at least than football)