Manassas Basketball 2009-10

Legend

That's interesting especially when those 3 losses were against AAA teams Memphis East, Raliegh Egypt, and Craigmont. I guess you get penalized for playing and losing to teams in a higher classification. To say Manassas has a weak schedule is laughable on it's face.

Maybe Manassas should stop playing AAA teams in Memphis and schedule some teams from Middle TN to beef up the schedule....LOL

To say Manassas has the worst schedule strength in the state is a joke....let's see out of 108 AA teams Manassas schedule strength is 107.........Want to hear something funny...check this out...here are some teams ahead of Manassas in schedule strength.

2 Fairview

3 Strafford

7 Milan

18 Chester County

23 East Hickman

34 Obion County

53 Martin Westview

107 Manassas

This has to be the most FLAWED formula I have ever seen in all my years following this sport. It's so flawed I can't even believe it's actually used for anything. There is ZERO logic in this formula. Think of it this way.........if this formula was used in college Murray State would be on of the top 5 or 10 teams in the country....see where I'm coming from.

I cannot be more serius in what I'm about to say.........if this formula is actually used by pollsters for state rankings THE RANKINGS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN GARBAGE and should not be taken serioulsy by anyone. I just call it like I see it and anyody that tries to make a serious argument that this formula is fair and accurate has ZERO credibility. This formula is total BS and appears on the surface as nothing more than a way to skew a poll. Again, total garbage. I've been nice and polite this entire season and been on my P's and Q's but when I see somebody , no matter who it is, trying to hoodwink the masses I will most certainly point it out. Nobody is above being called out especially when being missleading.

Lets let the posters decide who is right and wrong on this one. Question....is this strength schedule a fair and accurate measurement or should it be discarded to the trash bin or should it be replaced with a more accurate measurement.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets let the posters decide who is right and wrong on this one. Question....is this strength schedule a fair and accurate measurement or should it be discarded to the trash bin or should it be replaced with a more accurate measurement.

You mean like the AP poll?

The SOS measures the records of everyone they play. Not meant to be anything else.

Coacht,

This is what you posted. Not me or anyone else. These are your words.

The reason is something that is beyond their control until tourney time. They have only played 5 in-state teams with winning records and lost to three of them.

The only team in the state with a weaker schedule is BTW. Their opponents have only won 35.8% of their games. Their remaining opponents are 18-39 combined.

107. Manassas 35.8%

108. B.T. Washington 33.4%

They will be fine at tourney time.

Your post lends credence to the SOS. The key word in the entire SOS is STRENGHT which implies and missleads that Manassas TRULY without question has the worst SOS is AA basketball except for BTW. I don't think any serious basketball mind would agree with that. Do you agree yes or no if the SOS is an accurate representation of the REAL sos if measured in a more fair and accurate way. The reason I ask is you clearly stated Manassas has the worst schedule in the state excpet for BTW. I'm just curious to know if that is what you truly believe.

To answer the question.....yes if this formula is used by the AP to determine rankings the poll is garbage.

The SOS measures the records of everyone they play. Not meant to be anything else.

My original question was how could Oakhaven Move over Manassas when they have lost 4 games this year and manassas has been undefeated in 2010. Manassas 16-4 has not lost a game in 2010. Oakhaven 13-6 has lost for games this year and moved Manassas back out of the polls? lol!!!

As far as SOS Manassas play in the ACC, Big East, and Big 12. Some of these so called team with stronger SOS play in the SWAC!!! lol!!

My original question was how could Oakhaven Move over Manassas when they have lost 4 games this year and manassas has been undefeated in 2010. Manassas 16-4 has not lost a game in 2010. Oakhaven 13-6 has lost for games this year and moved Manassas back out of the polls? lol!!!

I don't know because I am not an AP writer. I did give you a possible reason, though.

I don't know because I am not an AP writer. I did give you a possible reason, though.

sorry sir, but that possible reason was bogus also...lol!

Suit yourself.

I'm suited and booted sir. Just having a good day but I’m also having a hard time determining what game to attend tonight. White Station @ Melrose would be the no brainer but Trezevant @ BTW is interesting to me also.

Yank, what do you think I should do?

sorry sir, but that possible reason was bogus also...lol!

Suit yourself.

I'm suited and booted sir. Just having a good day but I’m also having a hard time determining what game to attend tonight. White Station @ Melrose would be the no brainer but Trezevant @ BTW is interesting to me also.

Yank, what do you think I should do?

I would go to White Station Melrose

The reason is something that is beyond their control until tourney time. They have only played 5 in-state teams with winning records and lost to three of them.

The only team in the state with a weaker schedule is BTW. Their opponents have only won 35.8% of their games. Their remaining opponents are 18-39 combined.

107. Manassas 35.8%

108. B.T. Washington 33.4%

They will be fine at tourney time.

BTW has played a weak schedule every year and they are always in AP poll! lol!!! They were state runner-up last year with that weak schedule! lol!!!

These so called weak MEMPHIS TEAMS would crush teams from all over the state!!! Middle College gets beat by 50+ here in Memphis but lose to Lake Co by 6! lol!!!

Humboldt played nobody last year and was ranked #1 all season! How did that turn out for them? lol!

The voters are just BIAS because of what they think happened at state last year!!!

Manassas has gone to AA and you still worry about Lake Co and Humboldt..I noticed that Manassas beat City University by 50 points but only by 20 earlier..The reason I ask this is ..Did Middle College lose any players since the beginning of the year..Players that played against yall the first time and not the second time,because that's a huge difference..And if that's the case..and I don't know..the Lake Co.Middle College was played about a month before the game that is shown on the schedule..The schedule shows the game on Jan.9th but it was actually played in late NovemberThe game was listed toward the bottom so I just waited for the date of the game that was shown and typed in the score..So..in other words..Lake Co hadn't had the football players back for very long when that game was acyually played..You may need to check your facts..And also..Even since that time..after Christmas..Lake Co has 3 players that weren't on the team..And all of them may start tonight..So..I wouldnt worry too much about that Lake Co score then..lol..But nice to know..Lake Co is still on your mind.!

Really Middle College was missing 3 starters that game -vs- Lake Co!!!

One had a dislocated shoulder.

The other Dexter Alexander was getting ready for the football all-star game.

The big kid Quincy Coleman broke his hand and was not playing!

But all of them was back by the time Manassas played Middle College yhe 2nd time.

At the begining of the year I was not sure that Manassas was a top team this year because they didn't play as a team like Manassas other teams would. Now that has all changed Manassas is clicking! They look like a team that could beat any of those teams they beat them this year. Manassas is not the same team that lost those 4 games early. I do think not playing a game since last Tuesday will hurt them this Thursday when they face trezevant again. Still think Manassas gone win but it won't be easy!!!