IMAC Softball

Mobuck162

I'm still waiting for an appearance from my old buddies Lance and Statman - could use a little livening up in here from some long-time IMAC fans - what do you boys think (I know you're checking in on us every now & then) about the latest edition of District 2 AAA?

I'm here MWTFAN,

I'm just sitting back enjoying all the scouting reports. I believe some of the folks in Kingsport may be paying attention to them also.

Still licking a few wounds from the nature of my Chief's departure last year and trying to take Sylvia's advice to "move on", but I think all I really needed was a good frog joke. Thanks LANCE!

Going to be an interesting year in the IMAC. I think that the IMAC as a whole should not underestimate District 1 this year. I knew Boone would be strong, but am surprised a little from SH and Kingsport.

Chiefs have three hurlers that are freshmen or sophomore. This year may see growing pains (unless they can figure out how to get Davis in the batting lineup 3 places), but the future could be pretty bright.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody missing JC#1fan? I have been sitting in the wings, watching, waiting, and I just can't take it anymore. What happened to JCHS giving up 8 to SDHS? 1st, Smoky Bears Tuesday, pulled starters after 2 innings and the second string still layed it down. I was afraid the competition level difference between SCHS and SDHS would show Wednesday and it did. (JCHS put 11 on the board in the first inning) Its gonna be a long season for SCHS in the IMAC. 2nd 5 errors in one inning just to give SDHS a chance. 3rd I don't know whats third, but something had to happen, it just went crazy in the sixth inning, must have been bad juju, carma, or blindblueitis. SDHS has solid pitching and JCHS still put 10 on them (score most likely 10-3 without errors). Thats 41 runs in first 4 regular season games, only giving up 9. JCHS went the Commando Classic and showed very well for themselves even though they took two beatdowns they went 3-2 for the weekend against competition like Blackman, Ravenwood, Goodpasture, Station Camp, and Beech. Anyone in the the know, knows that is stiff competition exspecially for one weekend.The bats have come out of their slumber at JCHS, only three strikeouts on the weekend for them. Seymour second? Thats very enthusiastic, but don't forget they already lost to South Doyle and then there is M'town West and JCHS to consider. Lady Eagles will make their dent in the IMAC before its all said and done, but second? The old crystal ball cracked a smile at that one, wait a minute maybe its just cracked. Sevier, South Doyle, Seymour welcome to the I-SMACK. As for predictions I am a little iffy, but here goes. East, Jefferson 1 or 2, flip a coin, JCHS is hittin also this year. 3. Seymour, M'West may have something to say about that. 4 M'West 5 South Doyle. 6 Cocke County. 7 Cherokee (sorry Chiefs, I hope I am wrong). 8 Sevier County 9 Greene County (just kidding) good luck, good luck where ever you are. We won't miss the trips aroung the duckpond. With all said, good luck to all our beloved IMAC athletes. To the newcomers a very, very warm welcome you will learn to take my comments in stride as others do I hope. I really do hope the best for all these young ladies and lets remember to encourage and congradulate all as they strive to be the best.

JCHS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stormy22 - Canes laid an Egg - there must be a joke in there somewhere. What makes a team like that not come to the park ready to play. You have so much youth and so many pushing for position, it seems that motivation wouldn't be an issue. We all got our problems I guess.

Cocke County got after us, but Graham settled down and did what she normally does. We are a long way from East, but we are finding our way.

Lance, I looked up your post from last year. You guys were hillarious. I want that kind of IMAC fun this year. Come out and play with us.

Get it together Stormy and beware of my screaming Eagles.

MOBUCK, we need more Cherokee report. I think they are very similar to my Eagles.

JC FAN - YEAH. Glad you get it - (I can imagine what the newbies are thinking about my frogs).

mwtfan - throw in a couple of steaks and I smell a reunion in our future.

Stormy - settle down - it's early

Thunder360 - you are as full of crap as I am - just not as entertaining - but keep trying.

MOBUCK - How can you start a thread and spend most of your time hiding.

Have fun IMAC.

More frogs, more frogs Lance-a-lot, Its raining cats and frogs today, will the weather let us play today or is it a frog strangler (sorry for the poor attempt, couldn't resist). :popcorneater: We will miss the she-devils, but ohh! what fun we will have with the newbies. South Doyle and Seymour will make it a more interesting season, they are competitive to say the least. I know its early, but does anyone know how the Dist. tourney will play out with 8 teams. In the past #1 and #2 got bys while the other 4 played to get to them. Will everyone have to play round one now or will the bottom feeders (tadpoles) still have the one and done senario. Looks like a double or single elimination the only way to resolve, not a mix as in the past, unless you send 4 home in the first round and let the remianing 4 play out double elimination.

Statman - how is your girl doing? Hope to catch you somewhere along the way.

Doing well Lance...

Carrying a 10 and 2 record...team is 21 and 4 with a #6 national ranking. Not bad for freshman but she's had a couple of rough outings.

You may be interested to know however that she is well established as the campus "marbles" champion!

Let me know when the steaks are on!

HUGE week in the IMAC - Its on except for South Doyle who sits out the fray this week.

I assume that Cherokee and West are cancelled for today, but hopefully someone will post confirmation.

East and West tomorrow has to be fun. I would love to see those two schools go at it.

Jefferson will let my Eagles know where we stand. Contending or pretending.

Cherokee and West should be awesome - I'll take West in a game of who makes the least mistakes.

:thumb: Just so the newbies to IMAC know, West has a tarp for their field and they strive very hard to get games played rain or shine. Hopefully, the Cherokee vs West game will go on despite the weather. Looking forward to some of that great food served in the concession stand. Don't forget some hot chocolate. Looks like we will need it. :thumb:

It's good to see some of the old-timers - I knew you guys were lurking. We're probably not ready for steaks yet, but I think we'll be able to hook you up with some soup beans and cornbread. Big week for West this week (weather permitting) - need to do some growing up fast.

Can't confirm anything about West v Cherokee yet - I do know that the field was covered over the weekend. I also know the weatherman says more rain coming.

I didn't know how much I was gonna miss the frog jokes, Lancelot - don't be strangers guys. Please drop in when you can.

It's good to see some of the old-timers - I knew you guys were lurking. We're probably not ready for steaks yet, but I think we'll be able to hook you up with some soup beans and cornbread. Big week for West this week (weather permitting) - need to do some growing up fast.

Can't confirm anything about West v Cherokee yet - I do know that the field was covered over the weekend. I also know the weatherman says more rain coming.

I didn't know how much I was gonna miss the frog jokes, Lancelot - don't be strangers guys. Please drop in when you can.

I can't help it....I agree with Quietobserver....surely weather will not be a problem getting the game in at West today!

I can't help it....I agree with Quietobserver....surely weather will not be a problem getting the game in at West today!

As always, you are correct - Game on!