Ravenwood 32 - Franklin 29

retired rebel 64

Congratulations to Ravenwood on winning the District 11 championship. Franklin is working for the rematch on Saturday at Region Duals finals :lol:

Ravenwood 32 - Franklin 29

125 - R. Churchill ® pin M. Gonzales (F) 2:32

130 - A. Woods (F) MD M. Gray ® 11-2

135 - B. Keifer ® dec M. Cilimberg (F) 7-0

140 - D. Chege ® MD D. Holloran (F) 12-2

145 - Z. Bennett (F) dec R. Billings ® 8-2

152 - J. Shrader (F) dec D. Freeman ® 6-4

160 - J. Mabry ® dec M. Lenchis (F) 8-3

171 - D. Demonbreun (F) pin D. Grizzle ® 3:02

189 - T. Wilson (F) pin E. Long ® 1:38

215 - T. Hawthorn ® pin M. Constantine (F) 2:56

285 - I. Anderson (F) MD R. Wright ® 22-9

103 - J. Finnegan ® pin A. Bekhtyar (F) 2:35

112 - J. Freeman ® MD J. Bradley (F) 14-2

119 - A. Bennett (F) dec B. Butters ® 8-3

FHS feels great about that matchup with RHS. Our Heavyweight, Isaiah, had his guy on the mat late in the 3rd, the ref was on the mat and counted for the 3 back points, and the misssed the PIN because he looked at the clock for the last 2.5-3 seconds of the match. RHS wrestled great, but it's things like that where refs are there to pick up a check that irritates me and other fans as well. He also missed a clear pin by our 119, Alex, of Butters bc he was standing up and not on the mat. It seems like these guys think they have been a ref long enough that they don't have to get down on the mat.

Oh, anyways...congrats to Ravenwood. Outside of any vent I have concerning reffing, it was one of the most exciting matchups that I have seen. Looking forward to the meet on Monday. Go Rebels!

I'm not blaming it on the ref. I was saying that was a pretty poor reffing move, though. I was talking about how aggravating it is when refs treat these things as a quick 'payday' sometimes. I thought a meet to determine District Champs, they would have had both refs on the mat.

RHS is a great team as is FHS - so, tomorrow should be a good day for both groups of guys. I like FHS 1st and RHS Runner-up. Region 6 sending both teams from Wilco to States this weekend.

I'm not blaming it on the ref. I was saying that was a pretty poor reffing move, though. I was talking about how aggravating it is when refs treat these things as a quick 'payday' sometimes. I thought a meet to determine District Champs, they would have had both refs on the mat.

RHS is a great team as is FHS - so, tomorrow should be a good day for both groups of guys. I like FHS 1st and RHS Runner-up. Region 6 sending both teams from Wilco to States this weekend.