York Vs LA

williamz71

Coach M and I are of no relation. Both of you may be sort of right. Pianoman I may be wrong. You may not be personnally bitter. Maybe you just like to make negative remarks. Some people are like that. Others will at times step in and defend. That would be me. Rocking Chair looks like you've done your homework. I haven't done the math but I'm assuming yours is correct. I was wrong. My guess at the % was overstated by 1.5%. lol I did do some checking though and TJ Smith played 26 of 32 minutes at York. He's probably already done the laundry and is ready for tonight's game. LA played 9 people at York. That doesn't sound like unloading the bench to me. But you may be right about the shuffling of players. One of the subs scored in double figures. I do think Coach Melton has had some very talented players. That is an obvious ingredient to success of any program. His % wouldn't be as high without that. That's probably the same for college and pro teams as you mentioned. Liberace? I was never a big fan.

All humor aside....I think TJ Smith is a great player. I just wish he was more aggressive on defense sometimes. I give credit to all the young men who've played at LA. This thread was started by someone from York I assume. So to Williamz71, good luck to York too. You guys have a good team. There really are true LA fans who support everyone involved, whether or not we always agree with coaches.

Trust me I am a big LA fan and anybody that knows me will tell you the same. I am not a T J Smith lover however I think he has the potential to play at the next level. I was just wondering why coach took him out after a great start.

I know coach Melton has the passion and knowledge to coach and I am in no way disputing that, but there's more than just winning a game. It's not all about X's and O's. If a player can better himself with an athletic scholarship then I think a coach should do his best as well to help him get one.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach M and I are of no relation. Both of you may be sort of right. Pianoman I may be wrong. You may not be personnally bitter. Maybe you just like to make negative remarks. Some people are like that. Others will at times step in and defend. That would be me. Rocking Chair looks like you've done your homework. I haven't done the math but I'm assuming yours is correct. I was wrong. My guess at the % was overstated by 1.5%. lol I did do some checking though and TJ Smith played 26 of 32 minutes at York. He's probably already done the laundry and is ready for tonight's game. LA played 9 people at York. That doesn't sound like unloading the bench to me. But you may be right about the shuffling of players. One of the subs scored in double figures. Who knows? Maybe subbing TJ kept him from getting in foul trouble. Its easy to assume after the fact. I do think Coach Melton has had some very talented players. That is an obvious ingredient to success of any program. His % wouldn't be as high without that. That's probably the same for college and pro teams as you mentioned. Liberace? I was never a big fan. Too obnoxious and flamboyant.

All humor aside....I think TJ Smith is a great player. I just wish he was more aggressive on defense sometimes. I give credit to all the young men who've played at LA. This thread was started by someone from York I assume. So to Williamz71, good luck to York too. You guys have a good team. There really are true LA fans who support everyone involved, whether or not we always agree with coaches.

Glad you pointed that out. I knew the bench wasn't emptyed because their were 6 kids that didn't play at all.

Coach M and I are of no relation. Both of you may be sort of right. Pianoman I may be wrong. You may not be personnally bitter. Maybe you just like to make negative remarks. Some people are like that. Others will at times step in and defend. That would be me. Rocking Chair looks like you've done your homework. I haven't done the math but I'm assuming yours is correct. I was wrong. My guess at the % was overstated by 1.5%. lol I did do some checking though and TJ Smith played 26 of 32 minutes at York. He's probably already done the laundry and is ready for tonight's game. LA played 9 people at York. That doesn't sound like unloading the bench to me. But you may be right about the shuffling of players. One of the subs scored in double figures. Who knows? Maybe subbing TJ kept him from getting in foul trouble. Its easy to assume after the fact. I do think Coach Melton has had some very talented players. That is an obvious ingredient to success of any program. His % wouldn't be as high without that. That's probably the same for college and pro teams as you mentioned. Liberace? I was never a big fan. Too obnoxious and flamboyant.

Glad you pointed that out. I knew the bench wasn't emptyed because their were 6 kids that didn't play at all.

Good point thing. And you proved an even bigger point. In this one thread we have people who think too many played or there was too much subbing and people who think not enough people got to play. 8-):|

Point being that coaches have to do what they think is best. Obviously can't please everyone. LOL This has changed my bad mood. Hilarious! Isn't it funny the things that people keep up with and notice???? In case no one noticed LA won the game and is leading the district right now. :thumb: Gotta love people! :rolleyes: :

Moving on.

TJ Smith is a very good player and so is the rest of the LA team. I disagree about the defense and as far as playing time I don't think TJ has played a whole game as you said since his high school career started but your stats are probably right about him setting out a whole quarter of play that is 26 out or 32 minutes if I did the math right. Since you are keeping stats do you have who is leading in rebounds, blocks, and steals? Other LA fans would probably like to see them as well. All players have room for improvement in some aspect of the game. GO HOGEYE!!!

Dont know how somebody can't be a T J Smith lover.

This kid has steped it up this year.

He don't yell and point around in games he just does it.

I was suspect last year of T J other than shooting the ball.

His game is there and getting better.

The boy plays at the rim on both ends rebounding and is looking for that interception.

He don't foul cause he smooth.

I really couldn't care less if you are in a bad mood. Secondly, it was not my intent to get under anybody's skin. As one of the biggest Alan Shore's for Coach M, i was merely saying you defended the coach against what RC said by saying "you can criticize when his winning percentage falls below 80%. RC merely ask about a substitution and you come unglued. My point, which you obviously missed, was you can't argue with his record. But, some of the credit has to be given to the players. I think any Coach would tell you that including M. And as far as me, my son, family member, or friend's son goes, any fan could question a coach's decision without being mad about something as you are accusing me of.(that's alright though) By the way, why don't you tell us how your related ? I must go now. Liberace has a concert to get to.

Sounds to me that your point is actually guided at making sure "Coach M" gets as little credit as possible. Anyone with an IQ higher than 10 knows that the players deserve credit as well. Just seems to me that you are set to taking as much credit as possible from the coach. Makes it seem like you have some type of grudge against the coach.

It is hard to watch your son sit on the bench, especially when he becomes an upperclassman. I realize that it may be frustrating and that it is hard not to turn that frustration into negativity against the team and/or coach. However, a true fan would not take that route.

I may be wrong. You may not have a son on the team, but I am sure if I didn't hit the nail on the head, I must have came very close.

I really couldn't care less if you are in a bad mood. Secondly, it was not my intent to get under anybody's skin. As one of the biggest Alan Shore's for Coach M, i was merely saying you defended the coach against what RC said by saying "you can criticize when his winning percentage falls below 80%. RC merely ask about a substitution and you come unglued. My point, which you obviously missed, was you can't argue with his record. But, some of the credit has to be given to the players. I think any Coach would tell you that including M. And as far as me, my son, family member, or friend's son goes, any fan could question a coach's decision without being mad about something as you are accusing me of.(that's alright though) By the way, why don't you tell us how your related ? I must go now. Liberace has a concert to get to.

Sounds to me that your point is actually guided at making sure "Coach M" gets as little credit as possible. Anyone with an IQ higher than 10 knows that the players deserve credit as well. Just seems to me that you are set to taking as much credit as possible from the coach. Makes it seem like you have some type of grudge against the coach.

It is hard to watch your son sit on the bench, especially when he becomes an upperclassman. I realize that it may be frustrating and that it is hard not to turn that frustration into negativity against the team and/or coach. However, a true fan would not take that route.

I may be wrong. You may not have a son on the team, but I am sure if I didn't hit the nail on the head, I must have came very close.

Row 8 your detective work is excellent in theory but inaccurate but that's not a big deal. I see you are newly joined(YR). Welcome. Now let me give you a couple things. LAFan said he/she was of no relation to Coach M. That strikes me as odd because within minutes of RC post he/she knew exactly how many minutes TJ played against York. Must just be a good connection. As far as myself, I don't have a son on the team upper or under classman but my saying that wouldn't make any difference in what you believe so take it for what you think it is worth. Im my opinion, It's very possible that you ARE LAfan4life. It doesn't take a genius to get on this website and create several different names. I may be wrong. You may actually be a brand new poster. LAfan may not be related to Coach M. And you may not actually be LAfan4life, but I'm sure if I didn't hit the nail on the head, I may have came very close. It is funny how any observation that doesn't praise Coach M is always (according to a certain few on here) negativly agenda motivated. Oh well life goes on. I must go now. The pianoman will now bid farewell but may return someday under a different name if I can just figure out how you do that. I will wish good luck to LA even though I'm not a true fan according to Row 8.