Where Was Pryor?

luvgolf

A-E program is out of control. When you have cheerleaders with hot dogs out on the court at halftime shooting with the boys, it looks bad and shows that there is no discipline or leadership.

Do you have anything positive to say about AE? Is AE the only school whose Cheerleaders are on the court at Halftime? I mean, i've been to plenty of gyms when the students with drinks, popcorn, hot dogs, etc are on the court shooting around during halftime... Does this make their school out of control like you're making AE?

Can you all say anything POSITIVE about AE? FIND SOMETHING and post it I'll like to read something pOSTIVE that you all have to say about AE....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally do not know enough about Montgomery Village or the "Pea" to compare them. I do know that both are full of desperation and despare. I also know that I have not heard of a kid at South-Doyle being arrested multiple times and being allowed to play. Not to say that it has not happened, I just have not heard of it. While Pryor may not be from WPT, he is a classic case of a kid from a lower-income family who COULD have made it to college based on his athletism. I am not trying to stereotype any kid, but you must admit this happens a lot at schools in the innercities. Being from TExas, I have seen more than a few in the Dallas area throw away millions of dollars being stupid punks. I have been in Knoxville now for almost 4 years and have heard more of this from AE than any other school. As for the Superintendent getting involved in the theft ring, he had to. The amount of media attention the story got determined something had to be done. IF those kids had been allowed to play, it would have looked bad on the entire AE administration and community. Obviously there is a problem at AE with discipline within the athletic department (and maybe school wide but since I am not inside the school I cannot say). Please don't let your passionate fan side blind you to hat fact. Even if the "crime" happens at or away from school, coaches owe it to the athlete to hold them accountable. My coach used to say, "you are a student for 6 hours a day, but you are a Mustang 24 hours a day"

to the coaches and administrative people in East Knoxville, stop enabling these young men. They were going to let all those kids involved in the theft ring play football, why wouldn't they let a gy who punched a window play?

First of all mane, why in the world would you bring up a housing project in your post? If you knew anything Mr. Pryor isn't from WPT homes so smack yourself in the face for labeling him from being there. Second of all, the Marshall incident happen OUTSIDE of the school AFTER SCHOOL HOURS.... It wasn't up to the SCHOOL nor THE SUPERINTENDENT to have a say so in that case.. I'm still heated over that fact. So why bring that up. That's like saying if you child go to the mall and get in trouble at the mall then the SUPER will make her sit out of the SubState game because she got in trouble at the mall.. Isn't it your decision to punish your child if she's not at school? Gosh, why blame AE for one child's fault? AE reminds me of the movie LEAN ON ME, they're just trying to give these kids a chance because people like you and the whole city of KNOXVILLE look down on them.

NOW PHOTOman go ahead and chime in... I'm tired of being quiet but quit talking down on AE for trying to help a kid out..

Typical Turtle... blinded from judgment and still wanting to protect their high school hero.

You weren't trying to help a kid out.... ae is helping ae out. Sam Anderson might have stepped to the front of the line and is trying to take some of the heat off of his favorite high school, but the coach and administration is still diagnosed as a weak institution not able to locate their spine.

Now that the season's over where's the love for ole brass knuckles now? Doesn't he deserve another second chance? You can't bail on him now just because the season's over! Think of 60+ days of school he missed las t Spring....no problem... ae had a fix. No credits earned in the Spring & no summer school attended.... no problem, ae took care of that. Inelligible situation with the TSSAA... ae says lol? Marshall's shoplifting scandal, no problem... ae's got your back. Glass shattering fetish on cars and gymnasiums... that's ok... it's not his shooting arm. Arrested and gone to jail couple more time... no problem... here's an ae jersey. Get the picture? Oh you're helping him out alright!

As of the latest little blemish on his record...Don't let a little beat down in the team locker room with a puncture wound to the head and an eye swollen shut keep the good people at ae from showing a little love... After all you've done to "help him out" why would you want to leave him out to dry? Doesn't he need you more than ever?

Walter P housing project. Use your abilities to get out, or let yourself be sucked down the drain.

Another thing, Montgomery Village is worst than WPT.....Now keep your 2 cents in South Knoxville because they're not needed on here

hahahahaha montgomery village is NOT worse than Walter P...

Photo, I spoke to an AE teacher in the Spring and he said there is no way that Pryor could possibly be eligible to play next season. He stated that he just quit coming to school and failed all his classes. He did mention he was still around school, but only because that's where his new job in sales was based. :)

Photo, I spoke to an AE teacher in the Spring and he said there is no way that Pryor could possibly be eligible to play next season. He stated that he just quit coming to school and failed all his classes. He did mention he was still around school, but only because that's where his new job in sales was based. :?:

Ok, let's just say Pryor wasn't at AE ... Now post something positive about AE.....

Photo, I spoke to an AE teacher in the Spring and he said there is no way that Pryor could possibly be eligible to play next season. He stated that he just quit coming to school and failed all his classes. He did mention he was still around school, but only because that's where his new job in sales was based. :?:

Ok, let's just say Pryor wasn't at AE ... Now post something positive about AE.....

Something nice? Ok... During football season, I'm glad ae only charges $3.00 to park and not $5.00.

Okay, something positive about AE...?

1. Extremely high graduation rate... NOPE, feds took it over

2. Athletic programs teach kids to be better citizens... Apparently not

3. Uniforms really look good... Please, the most hidious football uniforms ever made

4. Visiting teams feel safe at and leaving games...I do not think so

I found one... YOUR BAND IS AWESOME!!! :thumb:

Okay, something positive about AE...?

1. Extremely high graduation rate... NOPE, feds took it over

2. Athletic programs teach kids to be better citizens... Apparently not

3. Uniforms really look good... Please, the most hidious football uniforms ever made

4. Visiting teams feel safe at and leaving games...I do not think so

I found one... YOUR BAND IS AWESOME!!! :thumb:

Photoman, please don't go to Chattanooga to watch a game because they charge more. ALso, no one told you, you have to pay to park.. There's a parking lot behind the visitor side bleachers where you can spark for FREE. I mean I park there all the time..

South Knox Mane..

1. AE doesn't have the lowest graduations raank in Knox County Schools... Check your history. If I'm not mistaking, SDHS has the hightest drop out rate in Knox COunty..

2. How do you know they're not teaching that?

3. Uniforms???? Are you crazy or something yeah right. hahaha

4. This can be said at any school you visit not just AE...

AE Band- I disagree I've seen better hip hop bands.. AE has some work to do..

No dog in the fight, but I have been to AE for many, many sports events. I have always been treated with respect and never felt that I was unsafe while on their campus. I still miss the football coach on the PA for basketball games. He was a classic.