State Duals

HCWC

...and do you know WHY no one in DI complained until now? Because frankly, whatever went on in the DII tournament had no impact whatsoever on the DI tournament in Clarksville. You could have brought in circus monkeys or added a juggling contest and no one in Clarksville would have cared, because it wasn't our State tournament. However, this is the SAME tounament. OUR State tournament, too. That entitles the "other" side to an opinion, doesn't it?

"Grow the sport", "interest in the sport", "a true supporter" of the sport. You guys are so predictable. I know what you'll respond before you ever touch the keyboard. Does the halo over your head or the wings on your back ever get heavy? Listen carefully, No one is against growing the sport, JV tournaments, invitationals, bake sales to raise funds, kids clubs, mat maids, summer wrestling, booster clubs, flowrestling, or whatever else you can list. The question is concerning the uncertainty of a new venue and it's capacity to handle the load, and the appropriateness of having an invitational at the State tournament.

I know I'm a little late on topic, but I haven't been on here in a while. But WOW, you D1 guys are a bunch of whiners! Are you really going to complain about where the tournament is being held and about the DII invitational? Most people should be excited that the tournament is in the middle of the state, it's the way it should be. The DII invitational is equivalent to the DI small school state tournament. Put all those guys together, and you would have a pretty competitive bracket. You guys whine about DII being smaller and therefore easier and Bradley being the best team in the state. Too bad we'll never know since Bradley refuses to actually wrestle anyone from DII! And if you're worried about not having room for the DII invitational, maybe we should drop some of the teams in the DI duals bracket that have no business being there anyway! I'm all for having more teams there giving more kids the opportunity to wrestle and compete, but I'm tired of hearing DI complain when, if you look at the facts, they don't have much to fight with! :thumb:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayou, good evening, and to you , MWR! Hope you enjoy the duals, we will certainly here in middle Tenn. You know, Bayou, the coach is human at Bradley, and if he feels the influence from alums, fans, other teams, bloggers, etc... to lean towards maybe considering possibly entertaining the idea of tangling with....whomever...doesn't really matter, the success of the program is obvious, and could honestly not be happier for the wrestlers there, past and present. This argument (folly) is left for us, the bloggers, who don't presently wrestle, but sure enjoy the sport, and the entertainment value. I betcha the wrestlers could give a poot in the grand scheme of things.

On the issue of separation of D1 and D2, not much anyone could or can do here, glad everyone is wrestling, to tell you the truth, and it is basically a moot argument on a "championship" something, dual or individual, although our bloggin' opinions are somewhat valid, based on common opponents and such.

On the issue of why a program is successful over time or not, we all know the "moving parts"....coaching, how many boys, feeder programs (starting early)dedication to the program, year round wrestling, fill in the rest of the blanks. One thing that is definitely not a factor is "recruiting"..ain't happening with this sport......one thing that may be a factor is ability to choose a wrestling school, agree on that one...but recruiting, gotta let this one go...I really think it diminishes the sport, and all of the work the wrestlers and coaches do, to offer up these distractions as to why one team may be better or equal, or almost as good, because of recruiting...not fair to the men....would appreciate folks letting this bias go...everyone going to private or public schools are after the same thing...let us not even begin to think that one is better than the other, or offered more opportunities...will le t our President sort that out....appreciate all of your posts in the past, just what is on my mind, take care....

Navy - I agree with all your points.....mostly.

There is "some" recruiting that goes on but it's not the schools. It's the parents and alums. Unlike many in the BC Nation, I don't find fault in that concept. I have many friends whose kids attended and attend Baylor and McCallie. My 2 wrestlers were pretty good all around athletes. Several parents and alums of each school asked me to consider sending mine to their favorite school. And you know what......I did. I guess we can call that recruiting but it really isn't. My reason for looking was not solely based on athletics. I was very interested in the academic side as well. After looking, I decided it was not the best decision for my family. I decided Bradley offered the best situation. It turned out to be a great decision. I've bought 7 State Championship Rings. My oldest graduated from UT last summer and Justin will graduate ranked highly in his class from Princeton next year. That's about all a fellow can ask for.

On that note...It's probably a good time to mention Bradley is graduating several starters and we will have many spots open. We offer free tuition and books, great tradition, support from both the community and school administration, GREAT coaching and wonderful facilities. If a prospective student athlete is interested in participating in other sports along with wrestling, we can accommodate those needs. Our football and baseball coaches were both former State Champion Bradley wrestlers. Our Athletic Director was a 2X NCAA Wrestling Champion.

Any wrestler who would like to work harder than he has ever worked, be part of a great tradition and get the opportunity to wrestle for state championships, Bradley is a good place to be!

Thanks GoNavy and good luck to your team.

Bayou, if I was 40 years younger I would accept your kind offer to attempt to wrestle for Bradley, most impressive situation. Good luck to all of yours, and I am sure you are proud of your younguns. My daughter is a junior at UT, and my son is a freshman there, and is pole vaulting (Chase Brannon of Brentwood Academy). We'll need some help this weekend, but will enjoy it nonetheless....take care, Todd

my meager attempt at posting a BayouBear style summary for this 8 pager:

HCWC: Wants to know who made the state duals

CoachBlair: Answers HCWC question

BayouBear: Asks about seeding

RetiredRebel64: Answers seeding question

RetiredRebel64: Takes shot at Cleveland

CoachBlair: Clarifies seeding criteria

deadlift: Fills in a gap

BoBKatz: Hopes for a miracle

Pummelking: shows ignorance of D2

Rushn: shows Pummelking the D2 light

THEANIMAL: Wants a D1 Invitational

mbecker: agrees with THEANIMAL then pulls out the rulebook

THEANIMAL: Calls TSSAA two-faced

THEANIMAL: Promotes Knoxville Freshman/JV/Girls tourney

slingshot: Blasts D2 invitational

perfessor: looks in THEANIMAL’s cage in wonderment

ghouse: explains that the D2 is not new

ghouse: tries to figure out why slingshot has his panties in a wad

maj: encourages and hugs ghouse

dekeko: spies into the thread

strongbad – hugs slingshot and blasts the Cow & pig palace

nununu – tells strongbad to shut up

slingshot: Blasts D2 invitational and compares it to juggling monkeys

csemary: tries to calm slingshot down

coachkirk: Says D1 already got an invitational and blasts TBSFMAW

csemary: tells coachkirk to shut up

BayouBear: questions why TBSFMAW is even mentioned

coachkirk: defends D2 invitational and explains how TBSFMAW got weaved in

ArtusClimber: asks for pity for D1 teams

lbhiii: tells strongbad to shut up

strongbad: is homophobic and blasts the cow and pig palace

BuckLateral: says some really smart stuff

strongbad: tells nununu to shut up

strongbad: blasts bcb

DaisyMae: takes a shot at RMC

strongbad: goes off on a tangent

findthetruth: shows everyone he is a roads scholar

cheezi: pleads chattanooga’s case

maj: successfully prosecutes Chattanooga

smwwrest: torches Clarksville to the ground and condemns Chattanooga

oneblindref: looks in and runs away

Kneetap: would seek medical treatment to get to the state duals

rigger101: another worthless rigger post

ghouse: solves the world’s problems

Matmax: shows off the cow and pig place

lbhiii: hugs matmax and toots the cow and pig palaces horn

BayouBear: agrees that bcb is a waste

MWR: Blasts D1

Texas23: laughs at MWR

clintabbott: cant find his way around the interstate

Eaglewrestling84: shows everyone he too is a roads scholar

rebelsrebelsrebels: wants to know about region 8

Starraider: gives region 8 results

pin4thewin: needs to know how much to withdraw at the ATM

FHScoachT: pocket change

FHScoachT: shows everyone how to navigate the TSSAA website

BayouBear: just leave TBSFMAW alone

Da Bears: wants to see some wrestling

MWR: Laughs at BayouBear

BayouBear: offers détente to MWR and wants to know MWR's allegiance

MWR accepts and tries to hug BayouBear but does not reveal allegiance

BayouBear: will shake hands but wont hug MWR

MWR: shows ignorance of D1 teams

WrestlingLover: toots D2 tourney

tnlonghorn: tells BayouBear not to worry and toots D2 tourney

BuckLateral: goes on intelligence mission

yoadrian: give Buck a clue about the EBE and TFI

2blLeg: goes on intelligence mission about TFI

gonavy: Hugs BayouBear and MWR

tnlonghorn: tells Uncle Buck to try other intelligence sources

Wolverine: calls out D1

BayouBear: will shake hands but won’t hug gonavy, recruits for Bradley

rcpatriot: wants a job and a trailer in Cleveland on the duck pond

gonavy: hugs BayouBear anyways

Lbhiii: leaves to get the mats ready

StarRaider--That is hilarious! Much better than reading all 8 pages! :lol:

Yes, funny. Kiss my Grits! :thumb:

Just messing with you rigger, you are always good for one (make that 2) worthless posts per thread.

StarRaider--That is hilarious! Much better than reading all 8 pages! :o

Great stuff, Star---just like Bayou Bear on another post---its like getting the Cliff Notes version just before the big test-----couldn't have made it through college without them-----can't wade through CoachT without these

Hey I gave credit to the coacht Cliff Notes master Mr. BayouBear, and I was bored waiting to go down to the cow and pig palace so I gave it a shot.