Preseason 14U Rankings

Fury96

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know who will win it.but we are sure looking forward to it.i am missing 1 more player that is still playing high school ball.i gotta have her she is my number 3 or 4 hitter and one of my lefty pitchers.AFTER WHAT I HAVE READ WE ARE LOOKING MOST FORWARD TO PLAYING FURY 95 AND 96.SURE WOULD LIKE TO QUALIFY EARLY SO WE CAN PLAY 16S UNTIL THE NATIONALS.THERE IS NOTHING MORE FUN THAN PLAYING TEAMS YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN.

Silver Eagles does realize this isn't ISA, but ASA where the best play right....Just Kidding..

I spoke to TD today to see if fields would be ready and his response to Drakes Creek is below..

Well they say they will have me 8 field ready hopefully they will. They have 5 now. But if they don't we have a couple of fields we can use.

neil_kemp@comcast.net

Lets have some fun and see what everyones preseason rankings are for the 14U division.

1. Silver Eagles

2. Fury 95

3. Worth 95

4. Illusions 95/96 mix

5. Nashville Cruisers 95

6. Mizuno 95

7. Valley Thunder

8. Frost Falcons Elite

9. West Tennessee Wild Things

10. Fury 96

Silver Eagles? :popcorneater: There's a lot of confidence coming out of Roane County these days. I have to say I like their spunk.

yes we had our first practice tonight and we looked pretty good for a team who hasnt been together through high school season. I hope we statisticly stay in the top 10 during the season and think we will go far this year!!!

Lets have some fun and see what everyones preseason rankings are for the 14U division.

1. Silver Eagles

2. Fury 95

3. Worth 95

4. Illusions 95/96 mix

5. Nashville Cruisers 95

6. Mizuno 95

7. Valley Thunder

8. Frost Falcons Elite

9. West Tennessee Wild Things

10. Fury 96

Silver Eagles? :popcorneater: There's a lot of confidence coming out of Roane County these days. I have to say I like their spunk.

yes we had our first practice tonight and we looked pretty good for a team who hasnt been together through high school season. I hope we statisticly stay in the top 10 during the season and think we will go far this year!!!

Did anyone tell these guys that If they drop out of the "Top 10", the ASA takes away your team's matching batbags!

richland raider dad ,we are excited bout the tourney .if we compete with the good teams down there and play good ball.what does that say for the silver eagles?would that mean we had a quality team?i guess what im asking is if we compete well against the good teams down that way,were ( ball park figure) what ranking could you run on a national level between 1 and a 100?

Mo ,i can sure tell you are ready.i guess im just a lucky coach to have a catcher that loves the game of softball as much as you do.good practice.

Just my opinion but here it goes...This is from the opinion of a "dad" that has been to 3 ASA nationals, and daughter that finished 5th, 17th and a 5th at those, while being on the winning team at the Hall of Fame Champions. What seems to be a simple question doesn't have a simple answer.

You have to have two things to compete nationally.

1. Is Luck...Getting there is tougher for some than others. Tennessee, Alabama, Carolina's, Florida, Kentucky & Mississippi usually only sends a few teams each year to Nationals, in the younger age groups. Some year’s number of teams from the south is affected by the location of Nationals. In '07 10u Nationals was Auburn, Al; '08 12u was Montgomery, Al so we saw a few more southern teams. In '09 Normal, IL there fewer Southern teams that attended. Georgia is the exception. Georgia has 20+ teams fighting for the berths in each age group at just about every qualifier. Georgia understands the ultimate level of fast pitch is ASA Nationals. Where as the rest of the states (mentioned) only send 1-3 teams an age group and some years berths go un-claimed at the early ages. While they are content to go to the beach and USFA.

The luck is not getting your berth to Nationals but once you get there and the draw. Rules prevent you playing anyone from your region, and the fact that California and Texas typically sends so many teams. That just about guarantees you, that your team will draw a team from one of these states. You draw one of the powerhouse teams you could be going home early.

We have seen very good teams from Georgia, and other powerhouse states go home very earlier just because they had a "bad" draw. The Atlanta Vipers Prance won the Birmingham Vipers Memorial (had beaten all of the best Southern teams) & won the USFA "A" 12u World Series in 2008. They were put into the losers bracket at Nationals their first game against the California Grapettes. They finished tied for 49th place out of 69 teams that year at Nationals. By al rights Vipers could have and had most likely beaten just about every team in the south that year, but went home early before teams they had beaten all year. Grapettes went on to finish 3rd place.

2. Is have a great team. Must be loaded with pitchers, 1 pitcher you go home early, it takes two or three aces. Defense perfect and be able to hit all the way through the line up. Be able to defend the speed, as the California & Texas teams seem to always have more speed than any team in this region. Coaches have to know the game and rules, top to bottom and then if you are lucky you may be able to compete.

So after beating around the bush, if you win the Qualifier in Hendersonville, you haven't proven anything except some local bragging rights. To compete say a top 20 at ASA Nationals, your team better be able to beat just about every Southern and Ga team on any given weekend. To prepare your team, they must play the best from Ga, TN, and AL and have confidence they can beat these teams. If you don't believe and be able to beat the teams in your backyard every weekend, you don't stand a chance against the best California and Texas teams.

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing your team. Nationals is an eye opening experience that many will never get teh chance to experience.