District 8 AAA?

volunteercat56

I'm really interested in how we could get that game on thursday night lights. I think that would be a great thing for both schools. I think coacht needs to be working on that. Sounds like a great idea. If anyone knows details on how to get that to happen post it back on here. (Tullahoma). And does anyone know if or where terance martin from franklin county signed?

Martin signed with Cotadel. FC has 2 players at Citadel.

well all i know is that that guy should of went bigger than that.. he probably was one of the best runningbacks ive had the privilege to play against. were his grades bad?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most folks are already counting Lincoln County out of the top spot, but that might be a mistake.Lincoln County had 3 returning starters on last years team, so that left a lot of their team from last year without any playing experience. their schedule was probley the toughest 1st halfe schedule in Tennessee, where they done poorly, but they got experience real quick, and came on the second half of the season. The 2010 team has only lost 3 starters from last year, one on the O line, one full back, and a defensive end. You will see a much bigger, and stronger line on both sides of the ball, and more talent coming from this years team, than any from a long time. Will Coach Thompson Retire? I don't think so this season, because he know's what he has, but I do think he will retire after winning a State champianship this season. you may think that is far fetched, but I can not see anyone stopping the Falcons this year.

I'm really interested in how we could get that game on thursday night lights. I think that would be a great thing for both schools. I think coacht needs to be working on that. Sounds like a great idea. If anyone knows details on how to get that to happen post it back on here. (Tullahoma). And does anyone know if or where terance martin from franklin county signed?

Martin signed with Cotadel. FC has 2 players at Citadel.

well all i know is that that guy should of went bigger than that.. he probably was one of the best runningbacks ive had the privilege to play against. were his grades bad?

Son:

The CITADEL ONLY TAKES THE VERY BEST AND BRIGHTEST!

I agree that they take the brightest, but the best? Come on now Alabama,LSU,Tennessee,Florida,USC,Texas,Oklahoma,Notre Dame, and etc... take the best. Let's not stretch it to say he had offers from all of these schools and he took the one from Citadel. I know you didn't say that, but that's what it sounded like. Citadel is great academically but atheletically they are not. Therefore they are not the best.

I agree that they take the brightest, but the best? Come on now Alabama,LSU,Tennessee,Florida,USC,Texas,Oklahoma,Notre Dame, and etc... take the best. Let's not stretch it to say he had offers from all of these schools and he took the one from Citadel. I know you didn't say that, but that's what it sounded like. Citadel is great academically but atheletically they are not. Therefore they are not the best.

I know you didn't say it but it sounded like you know very little about The Citadel.It's a v ery tough environment to go to school in and it compounds when you include playing football.The Best and the brightest includes alot more than athletics.

Terrance Martin is one of the best athletes I have had the privilege of coaching. I was somewhat surprised when he switched his commitment to The Citadel but it does not surprise me that he would go to that type of program. To paraphrase Robert Frost: he is taking "the path less traveled." TM will excel and thrive in that military environment. He could have been a standout at many other schools with his stats (top RB by the numbers in TN in 2009) but he chose to go the difficult path to a traditional military school environment. I am proud of him and I believe that someday he could wear another type of uniform in four years. If he chooses that career path or continues his dream to be a sports broadcaster or coach after he hangs up his cleats, he will do just fine! Orlando and Bam did a great job raising TM and we are all very proud of him.

• 2 weeks later...
I think most folks are already counting Lincoln County out of the top spot, but that might be a mistake.Lincoln County had 3 returning starters on last years team, so that left a lot of their team from last year without any playing experience. their schedule was probley the toughest 1st halfe schedule in Tennessee, where they done poorly, but they got experience real quick, and came on the second half of the season. The 2010 team has only lost 3 starters from last year, one on the O line, one full back, and a defensive end. You will see a much bigger, and stronger line on both sides of the ball, and more talent coming from this years team, than any from a long time. Will Coach Thompson Retire? I don't think so this season, because he know's what he has, but I do think he will retire after winning a State champianship this season. you may think that is far fetched, but I can not see anyone stopping the Falcons this year.

state??

Terrance Martin is one of the best athletes I have had the privilege of coaching. I was somewhat surprised when he switched his commitment to The Citadel but it does not surprise me that he would go to that type of program. To paraphrase Robert Frost: he is taking "the path less traveled." TM will excel and thrive in that military environment. He could have been a standout at many other schools with his stats (top RB by the numbers in TN in 2009) but he chose to go the difficult path to a traditional military school environment. I am proud of him and I believe that someday he could wear another type of uniform in four years. If he chooses that career path or continues his dream to be a sports broadcaster or coach after he hangs up his cleats, he will do just fine! Orlando and Bam did a great job raising TM and we are all very proud of him.
This One heck of a post!!I would have to say this young man has also benifited from some great coaching in addition to great parenting.Good luck to you Terrance Martin!!!

Being a Lincoln County fan, of course I have to say State. But I would not post something like that unless I was pretty sure. I honestly did not believe this time last year that we had a chance at state, but I knew then that 2010 was going to be the Falcon's year. We have a line on both sides of the ball that is not only huge, but has speed, and power, our quarterback is excellent in making quick dicisions, and managing the offence, and a head coach that wants to see his carrer end on a high. You may not believe State??, but I guess when it is all over, we will see.

• 3 weeks later...

District 8 AAA?

Tullahoma should be better because they have no driction but up. After last season, this team should be better. As far as the Lincoln County Falcons winning State? What kind of moonshine are they making in Fayetteville these days? Must be good because good because if there are really people out there that think the Falcons will win State they must be under the influnce of something.

But really, we all should know what these teams have by the third week of the season.

Tullahoma opens up with Blackman, a team that pounded them 54-0 last season and The Falcons travel to Blackman on week two. If last year is any indication, both these teams MUST be very much improved over last season to stand a chance of being undefeated by week three.

While Blackman has questions on the offense, the Blaze will be rock solid on the D side. As most football followers know it usually takes a few weeks for a high school offense to get going. Points will be hard to come by against the Blaze.