2010 Signees

DonCChatt

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NoLife. In no particular order, somethings to digest.....

6. As the level of play in Tennessee has elevated, so too has the level of play outside Tennessee.

The only thing that seems to remain stagnant, is the officiating.

Not true from my perspective. In refereeing and observing games out of state, TN officials consistently are ranked higher than other states delegations. At Southern Regionals, TN was well represented in the elimination rounds and several made it to the national tournament. Canes I guess we will agree to disagree but you really have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to officiating. Its too bad because you miss some really good soccer watching officials and not the players. I do not know of any officials that watch partisan parents either. Its best to tune them out.

• 2 weeks later...
NoLife. In no particular order, somethings to digest.....

6. As the level of play in Tennessee has elevated, so too has the level of play outside Tennessee.

The only thing that seems to remain stagnant, is the officiating.

Not true from my perspective. In refereeing and observing games out of state, TN officials consistently are ranked higher than other states delegations. At Southern Regionals, TN was well represented in the elimination rounds and several made it to the national tournament. Canes I guess we will agree to disagree but you really have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to officiating. Its too bad because you miss some really good soccer watching officials and not the players. I do not know of any officials that watch partisan parents either. Its best to tune them out.

Having spent the past few months watching Boys HS Basketball, I must now say that Soccer Refs have moved from the bottom of the food chain to one step up from the bottom. It's hard to watch good soccer when the refs don't let it happen and thus you have to focus on the problem. You have no right to tell Canes, "you really have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to officiating"as you have no idea of his knowledge and some of us on here agree with his point # 6.

He might have had 7 kids playing soccer and thus sees more games in a week than you do, or he is a ref and is picking on himself, or he has played at every level for the past 20 years and actually does know what he's talking about. Obviously, he does not need me to defend him, nor do you need me to dis soccer ref's, but the only one defending the officiating is "socref1". Don't take it personally, you just maybe the one good ref that is not part of the pack that causes us to be critical. :thumb:

Having spent the past few months watching Boys HS Basketball, I must now say that Soccer Refs have moved from the bottom of the food chain to one step up from the bottom. It's hard to watch good soccer when the refs don't let it happen and thus you have to focus on the problem. ....

A soccer referee friend of mine who also does basketball, says that they have to whistle everything, even run with the whistle in mouth. The constant whistling, stopping and restarting for every little thing, having basketball referees required to touch the ball on every in bounds pass and free throw, just will not work for soccer. Soccer reffing is best when the official is transparent. It is only when they are thrust into the limelight (controversial call, no call) that the attention detracts from the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Regardless of what you write, it takes only attending one game to defray it.

One game, one minute of one game may give someone an opinion, but it isn't necessarily a qualified opinion. It is just an opinion based on a limited perspective. Its a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinion. However to "defray" or damage a large body of work by witnessing one mishap, albeit not in the context of a big picture, is akin to the mob mentality that can have damaging effects and backlashes. That approach really is faulty reasoning since it takes everything out of context and belongs in the category of "I can criticize, but can not compliment". This explains why you were so caustic about the vertical slice in the UNM-BYU game. I have never read a complimentary post that you have had with officiating. I challenge you to compliment the efforts of these people in the upcoming season, as distasteful as it is to you.