Does It Matter?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

My question to everyone in TN this year that knows good wrestling, does D-I state duals and individuals matter this year. I say NO! Why everyone in D-I is so technically far from Bradley that I know that they could not compete against the D-II who are ranked behind Bradley.

This leads me to believe why I think Bradley would lose to any of the top 3 D-II teams in the state and that is schedule, who has Bradley wrestled?........Waiting for a reply, but I can tell you that:

Ryan has wrestled: Nationally ranked Mater Dei, Brandon, and Collins Hill

Baylor has wrestled: Minnesota Apple Valley tourney

CBHS has wrestled Parkland #1 NC

But thats okay Bradley won their own tourney this year........ :thumb:

You must have pulled the cork a little early today. I sort of understand the question about the duals, as Bradley is the overwhelming favorite in D-1 team competition but what were you thinking about by including the individuals in your little slam against Bradley and D-1 ? Is it your notion the Bears are going to win 14 classes at states and therefore the tournament doesn't " matter " ? Bradley has a very good team this year to go with many great teams in years past but to my knowledge they never taken 14 individual titles home in a single year. Papa bear is working on it, and one day he may be successful but for now the individuals tournament matters a lot. Sure, if you add up all the points Bradley will no doubt place ahead of everybody but the individual tournament is first and foremost about individual wrestlers, not team. If Bradley were to wrestle in the D2 individual tournament and you wanted to add up the scores IMNSHO they would win it in a romp. Some of you people better be careful what you wish for by claiming to want to wrestle Bradley. I haven't seen Ryan or CBHS wrestle this year but I would wager a bundle Bradley would do VERY well against the Chattanooga area top prep teams.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will, G-House, but besides these minor details how can anyone dispute my main point which is Bradley has not wrestled anyone!!!!!!! Please prove me wrong!

You're ridiculous.

Cleveland beat Christian Brothers at a dual tournament earlier this year. Bradley beat Cleveland 51-13.

Christian Brothers has a very, very good team this year. If you haven't seen them wrestle, it's a lot of fun to watch, especially from 125 - 140 or so. With that being said, your notion that Bradley can't even compete with the top DII teams is completely absurd.

Hahahaha.......my "little games" I really do not care for games, but explanations please, I just want to know why Bradley's schedule this year is not up to par with Baylor, Christian Bros., or Ryan's schedule. Look just give me a decent reason and I will back off, I mean a half decent reason then I am done, but tell me what was Bradley's hardest match this year, Walker Valley, :thumb:

Guess I'm not understanding the need to worry about it. Nor the reason to attack BC. Who really cares what schedule they wrestle?

Now, for me, I would love to see the top 3 in DII have a dual with BC, but that's me, and this isn't about me, but rather it's about the kids. So why bash them?

My question to everyone in TN this year that knows good wrestling, does D-I state duals and individuals matter this year. I say NO! Why everyone in D-I is so technically far from Bradley that I know that they could not compete against the D-II who are ranked behind Bradley.

This leads me to believe why I think Bradley would lose to any of the top 3 D-II teams in the state and that is schedule, who has Bradley wrestled?........Waiting for a reply, but I can tell you that:

Ryan has wrestled: Nationally ranked Mater Dei, Brandon, and Collins Hill

Baylor has wrestled: Minnesota Apple Valley tourney

CBHS has wrestled Parkland #1 NC

But thats okay Bradley won their own tourney this year........ :thumb:

Is that the best you can come up with? Seriously.

If you were trying to pi$$ us off...sorry, it didn't work. If you want to know and understand BC Wrestling you must get a firm grasp on the next sentence. We don't care what you think! It's a huge source of comic relief to see people like you get so worked up worrying about the goings on at Bradley.

Do a little research. You never see a BC fan come on this site and brag about our team. We just wrestle. We try to treat all of our opponents with respect and expect the same in return. We try to win with class and lose with class. Where we are ranked means nothing to us. Our goal every year is to produce good wrestlers, produce good young men and to win the DI State Duals and the DI State Traditional. That's it. We're not trying to impress anyone but we're thankful for any respect we gain along the journey.

Regarding who FR has wrestled vs BC....You guys went to Indiana and wrestled Pike, Southridge and Mater Dei. FR won aginst Pike and Southridge. Both are not in the Indiana Top 20. MD is ranked 7th and FR was soundly beaten . Whoopty do. You also traveled to Collins Hill and wrestled CH and Brandon. I gotta tell you ole buddy....that was ugly. I was there and it was hard to watch. FR didn't win a match...well, they did get a FF in the match against CH. The combined score was something like 134-6. Talk about getting taken out behind the woodshed.

What did going down to Georgia and taking a butt whipping prove? Did getting pinned in 10 of 26 matches make you better?

You could be right. BC may not be the best overall team in Tennessee but we're never going to know for sure. Heck, we may not be the best DI team in Tennessee. Science Hill, Ravenwood, Cleveland and Clarksville are all good, well coached teams and they are going to do all they can to send us packing. All we know for sure is....BC has been the better team against everyone we have wrestled on the day we wrestled them and a lot can happen between now and 10:00 Saturday night.

Lastly, I'll leave you with this. You are a rank amateur when it comes to trying to rile up the BC Nation. CoachT has produced many gifted pros like Walknvol, Raider76 and others. You couldn't carry their jock.

Nice job bayou. I dont know you but I like your style! I would love to see Bradley wrestle one of the d-II schools just from a fans perspective but no sense in bashing the most storied program in Tennessee. Bradley obviously got to where they are at by hard work so that should be respected.

Thanks.

Look me up. I'll be at the State Duals and the Traditional.

Plus, if there are mats on the floor, I may be in the stands. DI, DII, college, international, kids...doesn't matter who or where. I just like to watch good wrestling.

Glenn Spain

Cleveland, TN

I'm new to this board, so don't beat me up to bad. I'm not trying to stir anymore ill feelings, I just have a question.

What's the REAL reason Bradley doesn't compete against the local D-II schools?

Is it only in wrestling?

Do they compete against non-local D-II schools?

Or, is it the D-II schools choice?

I'm not sure about Bradley but you said they couldn't hang with any of the top 3. I do know that Franklin High hung with FRHS and, had they had their complete lineup, would have beaten them. FHS isn't afraid to wrestle Father Ryan, BA, or any of the other DII schools that it meets up with.

To help your memory Father Ryan won 48-25 over Franklin. Almost doubled the score and did it without 3 starters in their lineup. They also more than doubled Franklin's score at the Father Ryan invitational. Better to just say "they were better than us"...no excuses.

You don't have to remind me of the score...they won. I did come down to the last couple of matches. FHS matches well with FRHS and if we met this weekend would have as good of a chance to beat them as anybody. I respect the program they have. Some of the Div II schools are much better than Div I schools bc they can recruit and pull students from the public school system which is something that doesn't go both ways.

BTW team scores at tournaments do not foretell how well you meet up as individual teams.

You don't have to remind me of the score...they won. I did come down to the last couple of matches. FHS matches well with FRHS and if we met this weekend would have as good of a chance to beat them as anybody. I respect the program they have. Some of the Div II schools are much better than Div I schools bc they can recruit and pull students from the public school system which is something that doesn't go both ways.

BTW team scores at tournaments do not foretell how well you meet up as individual teams.

so which teams are actually recruiting?

I'm not sure about Bradley but you said they couldn't hang with any of the top 3. I do know that Franklin High hung with FRHS and, had they had their complete lineup, would have beaten them. FHS isn't afraid to wrestle Father Ryan, BA, or any of the other DII schools that it meets up with.

To help your memory Father Ryan won 48-25 over Franklin. Almost doubled the score and did it without 3 starters in their lineup. They also more than doubled Franklin's score at the Father Ryan invitational. Better to just say "they were better than us"...no excuses.

A loss is a loss.

How much is tuition at Franklin High School? I would venture to say it is cheaper to attend Franklin then it is to attend a private school. I would think it would be easier to recruit to Franklin than the other way around.

How much is tuition at Franklin High School? I would venture to say it is cheaper to attend Franklin then it is to attend a private school. I would think it would be easier to recruit to Franklin than the other way around.

Well, seeing that FHS is a public school, it doesn't cost personally to go there. However, Private Schools wave tuition for people who cannot pay it if they are good at a sport.