Does It Matter?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is tuition at Franklin High School? I would venture to say it is cheaper to attend Franklin then it is to attend a private school. I would think it would be easier to recruit to Franklin than the other way around.

Well, seeing that FHS is a public school, it doesn't cost personally to go there. However, Private Schools wave tuition for people who cannot pay it if they are good at a sport.

Attention all readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Private schools wave tuition for people who cannot pay it if they are good at a sport. MBA/Brentwood Academy/Father Ryan/BGA/Ensworth/John Paul II/FRA/USN/Goodpasture/Ezell Harding and other private schools will have open house on Sunday for those teenagers who are good at a sport. Why do you think they call it Super Bowl Sunday.

How do I know this??? Because RebelsRebelsRebels said so!

Name a DivII school that doesn't do it.

I can tell you right now, not one kid on CBHS's wrestling team is recruited, or receiving a free ride. So there is you answer. Not sure about the others, but can tell you with 100% certainty, that it's not happening at CBHS.

CBHS's history is one of kids going where their parents went. I went to CBHS and so did all 3 of my brothers. As did many of the kids on the team. I know that I went to school with a couple of the dad's from CBHS, and they do the same thing. Sending kids to the schools they went to.

So your statement is totally bogus as far as this school is concerned.

Same BS every year go to the football boards and you'll see Maryville and Alcoa both get blasted with this crap every year, go to baseball and i'd bet that Faragut gets it too go to basketball and there is probably a half dozen Memphis schools that get it but the one thing that rings true every year is the privates get it about all sports. LOL I wonder how many of the complainers out there would call a school out if it was their child being "recruited". BTW I'm a public school guy Maryville alum and my son rassles for the nation.

I don't blame private schools for recruiting it if it means that they can have great teams. I would expect someone from CBHS to say they don't recruit. Heck, I know Public schools that recruit. What's the big deal?

Bradley? They do look a little weak if you look at their schedule but they have more than half of their team ranked. It's going to be hard for anyone to beat them this year. D2, I would like to see McCallie win it. Here's a team that only lost by a couple to Baylor.

so, I made a generalization that may not be true for everyone. If you're not recruiting good players from schools that you can, that's your own fault.

Ok, more trash coming out in your posts.

Most of the schools don't need to recruit. I would love to hear from you, or anyone else, some specifics. Which kid was recruited? Name one that is on an active roster.

I'm of the opinion that when it really comes down to it. Div II seems to clearly have the edge over DI in in nearly every weight class excluding only two, 189 and 215, where Mr Mike Kennedy and Mr Cam Croy, I feel could win it in either division.

No disrespect intended by the above comment. There are cetainly top notch guys on the D I side. But in a head to head dual I feel that the D II guys would come out on top.

I'm of the opinion that when it really comes down to it. Div II seems to clearly have the edge over DI in in nearly every weight class excluding only two, 189 and 215, where Mr Mike Kennedy and Mr Cam Croy, I feel could win it in either division.

No disrespect intended by the above comment. There are cetainly top notch guys on the D I side. But in a head to head dual I feel that the D II guys would come out on top.

Most of us don't take offense to mentally afflicted people. They ( the ones lacking the gray matter ) can't help it so those in the know just smile and shrug. Ignorance is bliss and you are walking on air. 2 weight classes for D-1 ???? I'd love to see the matchups and I would happily bet much more than I could afford to lose your 2 weight class prediction would turn out far less credible than Al Gore's global warming nonsense. People who actually follow both divisions and play this hypothetical game of matching champs, assuming they are even partially honest, usually end up 8 to 6 in favor of their respective bias. 9 to 5 would be a banner year. Those I banter with often will settle for a 7 to 7 match up, then we look at who could score bonus points and win an imaginary dual. I've never even heard a statement as far fetched as yours and that includes long nights of debate ending only when the barmaid yells " last call ". Whether you match the current # 1s or actually wait until after the states I doubt you could find anyone else sharing your opinion.