Connor Pagnani to Denver/Matt Bracy to Whittier

bellringer83

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacrosse recruiting, regardless of your hometown, occurs primarily over the summer at showcase camps, school camps, and tournaments. Very few coaches are willing to come to TN because they can only look at one or two recruits, when the could go to several cities on the Atlantic coast and see a dozen in one game. I would guess that these guys played well over the summer. They probably sent the coaches some film as well.

Lacrosse recruiting, regardless of your hometown, occurs primarily over the summer at showcase camps, school camps, and tournaments. Very few coaches are willing to come to TN because they can only look at one or two recruits, when the could go to several cities on the Atlantic coast and see a dozen in one game. I would guess that these guys played well over the summer. They probably sent the coaches some film as well.

Thanks.

Where are the camps and tournaments held?

Do the players just sign up for them or do they have to be invited?

If they have to be invited, how do they get invitations?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have a young nephew who is interested in playing in college.

Thanks.

Where are the camps and tournaments held?

Do the players just sign up for them or do they have to be invited?

If they have to be invited, how do they get invitations?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have a young nephew who is interested in playing in college.

The better showcase camps have typically been the TOP205 and Peak 200 in Baltimore. They're "invitation only" but I believe the website have places where you can submit some kind of resume or a coach/official can nominate them. After that, they do have to be selected which is certainly not a gimmie.

You can also get some good exposure if you can get on a travel team going to the tournament in Vail or on a team going to Champ Camp. I believe there are a couple of TN all-star teams but don't know much about them. There is a camp at Limestone College called the Divie Top 150 which usually gets coaches from some of the smaller southern DII and DIII schools. They also take an all-star team from the camp to Champ Camp so that's an option.

I hope that helps.

I am pretty sure that the MBA players who were recruits spent almost every weekend this summer at one camp or another. I think they also went to some camps in the fall.

It is amazing that Connor and Clay have already committed before they even have played any of their junior years. Our best football players dd not know where they were going to college until February of their senior years. They did not get offers until the last week before signing day.

Here is a list of DIVISION I COLLEGE LACROSSE PLAYERS from Tennessee

If you know of any more, add to the list.

KIRK HOWELL (MBA) NOTRE DAME 1997-2001

BEN BAILEY (MUS) NAVY 2000-2004

WILLIAM LILES (MBA) DELAWARE 2002

LEIGHTON LILES (MBA) DELAWARE 2002

TREVOR KNIGHT (MUS) NAVY 2003-2004

CLINT BRAKEBILL (McCallie) TOWSON 2006-2008

DAN GIBSON (MUS) NOTRE DAME 2006-2009

RYAN BURNS (MBA) UVA 2007

CHASE HAYES (McCallie) BRYANT 2008-2009

NOLAN VIHLEN (Christian Bros) VILLANOVA 2009+

MICHAEL KINSEY (Ravenwood) AIR FORCE 2009

BARRY HILLYER (MUS) JACKSONVILLE 2010+

SCOTT HUGHES (McCallie) AIR FORCE 2010

BEN CULLEN (Houston) AIR FORCE 2010+

JAMES CUPO (McCallie) PRESBYTERIAN 2010+

JOHNNY CARSON (MUS) DARTMOUTH 2010+

TJ KEMP (McCallie) UNC 2011

BRAD DAVIS (Ravenwood) BELLARMINE 2011

RUSSELL SCOTT (MUS) CORNELL 2012

CONNOR PAGNANI (MBA) DENVER 2012

CLAY ADAMS (MBA) SYRACUSE 2012

Matt Rabil - McCallie - UNC

Matthew McIntosh - MBA - UNC

Adam Brooks - MBA - Ohio State

Brad Coker - Farragut - UNC

Jeff Lundstrom - MBA - Bucknell

Craig Patterson - Webb - Navy

Doug Grapski - Farragut - Lehigh

Joey Patterson - Army

Tom Jackson - McCallie - Penn

Matt Turner - Centennial - VMI

McCallie had someone play at Duke. MUS had someone play at VMI I believe.