Coach Blair (and Crew) NICE JOB!

gallopingghost77

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Coach Blair and all those people who worked their tails off this weekend deserve a big NICE JOB! The venue was different and the longer I was there the more I liked it. The tournament went very well and was very well run!

I know for a fact that the coaches and the wrestlers of williamson county have worked there tails off this past weekend, heck for the past months to pull this off!!!! Thanks you guys for all of the work you put in for the rest of us. It was really nice to see that many different tournaments going on in one place. Great venue!! TSSAA hit it out of the park on this move for the duals. Individuals are coming and I put my money on williamson county to pull it out for that also.

This weekend while I was watching and mingling heard some complaints about concerns for seating for individual tourny. The duals ran very nice and lets wait and see if we can get it going for individuals, I bet we can...Lets give Joe and Josh and there crews a chance to see what they can do. (guys if you need any help with anything just call or email jeff.roberts@sumnerschools.org .

I am all for growing wrestling...having said that I would like to see the region 3rd and 4th place qualifiers have a invitational also. Why not??? Is it only for private schools??? TSSAA needs to allow this to happen to show that it can be fair. Do for all as you do for one. After all the more teams you have the bigger and better it is right? (more money) worried about costs?? just charge an entry fee say 100 or 125 per team. I bet most teams who finished third or fourth in there regionals would pay that to be out there on the floor wrestling in front of all those people.

Again thanks to Joe Blair and Josh Peck and your crews!!!! I saw Jared Grindstaff was there also helping out so thanks to him and his crew also. I know this is not all but I dont know everyone from williamson county so thank you guys also.

When I walked in at noon on Friday seeing those mats down on the arena floor it gave me goose bumps - a dream come true to see our first ever wrestling event at the Ag Center. A huge amount of effort was put in to this event by the Williamson County teams, boosters and fan base. Thank you to TSSAA for trying out this facility. Thank you to Williamson County government for developing this center! This venue has covered the typical ag events, but college level ice skating, dog shows, art shows and now state wrestling. The Ag Expo folks were so welcoming and glad to see our fans - looking forward to the state individuals. Great Job to everyone who played a part and looking forward to our next event. :unsure:

Someone sent me some tape of the state duals and the Ag Expo Center looked greatttttttt! From what everyone said it was a first class facility and the people responsible for running the event did a great job!!!!!! The only thing that would make it better would be to have the mat's raised on a platform/stage for the finals with a spotlight, much like they do for the NCAA D1 finals. The only complaint that I heard was about the PA person not giving team scores and biographical information on the wrestlers. Would it not be possible to bring in Sandy Stevens to do the PA for the weekend?

We enjoyed the new venue. My only complaint is "Why was there no emergency medical personnel on site?" It seems like it took forever to get an injured wrestlter off the mat during the finals!

I agree, it took way too long for the ambulance to get there also. Next tournament at the AG is the individuals and I bet they will have an on site emt/ambulance. Wish Aguilar the best, tough way to end your season.