Best Pitcher in the state

Best

Hey Best Friend!!! How u be doin....things have been a bit cold here in "T" town but looks like we have a "newbie" on here who thinks he can keep up with the big dogs like you.....I love the way you told him if he sticks around for the season he may learn a thing or 2. Not sure what team he supports but maybe he will tell us soon and I can check "Birdies" crystal ball and see how bad they will be this year! Talk to you later and try and stay warm if you can because our trailer is really cold here in "T" town! :?:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said they weren't capable. I just said I thought they needed more depth. It had nothing to do with the individual pitchers. I saw the game. It is an opinion. Period. Cat is obviously capable. She did last year. I was just saying.....and I do know what I saw. It will just take more to win a national Championship than what I saw this week. Obviously the sports writer's agreed. The whole team has talent. they are going to have to step up to stay in top 10.

USA Today/NFCA Division I Top 25 Poll - Week #1

The USA Today/NFCA Division I Top 25 poll is voted on by NCAA Division I head coaches, one representing each conference. 2010 records are shown, first-place votes are in parentheses.

Feb 16th Poll

Rank Team Record Pts Pvs

1 Washington (30) 5-0 750 1

2 Arizona 6-0 689 6

3 Florida 3-1 645 3

4 Michigan 2-1 635 4

5 Arizona St. 5-1 613 5

6 Missouri 2-1 600 9

7 UCLA 3-1 579 8

8 Georgia 3-1 546 7

9 Alabama 1-2 486 2

10 Georgia Tech 4-0 477 13

11 Stanford 4-1 450 10

12 California 4-1 410 12

13 Oklahoma 2-1 399 11

14 Ohio St. 4-1 369 14

15 Louisville 4-1 301 22

16 La.-Lafayette 5-0 226 24

17 Fresno St. 6-0 210 35

18 Massachusetts 4-1 198 20

19 LSU 2-3 182 18

20 Texas 5-0 173 NR

21 Northwestern 2-3 159 15

22 Tennessee 1-2 152 16

23 Florida St. 4-1 134 23

24 North Carolina 2-3 104 19

25 Baylor 2-3 84 17

Others receiving votes:

DePaul 40, Texas A&M 26, Hawaii 23, Kentucky 14, BYU 13, Oklahoma St. 12, Southern Mississippi 10, Nevada 9, New Mexico St. 7, Illinois 6, Mississippi St. 6, Jacksonville St. 5, Central Florida 4, San Diego St. 2, Cal Poly 1, Creighton 1

MS I think the problem is that Chattanooga isnt on this list , and although I would love to see it on this list, honestly it will probably never happen. Putting down Tennessee players, the Tennessee team, coaches or whatever , will never make it happen. Chattanooga has a better team than it has had in years and I am proud of them. Focus on that.

Ellen Renfroe is the best pitcher in the state. I am not impressed with Kat Banks as a pitcher, although I think she is a very good athlete that would make a great addition to any college team next year. I dont think she was recruited by Virginia Tech as a pitcher but rather as a Utility type /pitcher player. I think Ellen will make a good addition to the Tennessee pitching staff . ( Concerning an earlier comment by a very uninformed , Ellen is the only pitcher joining the staff in Fall 2010 according to their website- and she was one of part of the ESPN Top softball recruiting class in the nation last year) Ellen isnt as fast as Cat or Ivy but she has great movement and that is always good.

Ellen Renfroe is the best pitcher in the state. I am not impressed with Kat Banks as a pitcher, although I think she is a very good athlete that would make a great addition to any college team next year. I dont think she was recruited by Virginia Tech as a pitcher but rather as a Utility type /pitcher player. I think Ellen will make a good addition to the Tennessee pitching staff . ( Concerning an earlier comment by a very uninformed , Ellen is the only pitcher joining the staff in Fall 2010 according to their website- and she was one of part of the ESPN Top softball recruiting class in the nation last year) Ellen isnt as fast as Cat or Ivy but she has great movement and that is always good.

She was recruited as a pitcher............has had to fight a lot of injuries and has a tremendous upside.

Keep tellin "Birdman" you are right and I am glad it is that time of year to be able to discuss and sometimes disagree with my best friend. But I need to share somethin with you, 'Birdie" has already told me to back off of this puter this year! That I am wastin my time and energy with some folks on here who thinks they noitall but dont no nutin. So I am goin to keep it down some this year or at least try but if someone needs me to look in the "Crystal Ball" you know where to find me...... :roflolk:

I didn't read all seven pages, so she may of already been mentioned. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone in the State at any level who could match numbers with Shelby Stinnett at Forrest. She has pitched every game for Forrest in each of their State Tournament teams over the past 3 years. (With the exception of a very few non-district regular season games). She has pitched in the 1A State Championship game 3 consecutive years winning it in 08. Her total wins, innings pitched, era, and total K,s over a career will be in the top 10 all time after this season. (If not top five). I would love to see someone from Forrest post these numbers so we could use raw numbers in these comparisons.

I didn't read all seven pages, so she may of already been mentioned. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone in the State at any level who could match numbers with Shelby Stinnett at Forrest. She has pitched every game for Forrest in each of their State Tournament teams over the past 3 years. (With the exception of a very few non-district regular season games). She has pitched in the 1A State Championship game 3 consecutive years winning it in 08. Her total wins, innings pitched, era, and total K,s over a career will be in the top 10 all time after this season. (If not top five). I would love to see someone from Forrest post these numbers so we could use raw numbers in these comparisons.

I agree we got off subject a little too much here and sorry to interject more college-speak, but I can't help myself...Go Blue Raiders! :flower:

Stinnett is a good pitcher. She has sure proved that in the 1A state tournament for several years as you said. But as far as comparing her numbers to other “TOP” pitchers in the state you at some point have to consider that Forrest plays in arguably one of the weakest districts in Tn. & plays very few & have not won games against other notable softball powerhouse teams during regular season tournaments as many of the other “TOP” pitchers mentioned have.

Example in the 08 & 09 state tournament runs allowed by some of the pitchers mentioned Stinnett is right there in the numbers mix.

08/09 state tournament Stinnett has allowed a combined total of 23 runs scored

08/09 state tournament Kat banks has allowed a combined total of 30 runs scored

08/09 state tournaments Renfro Duo has allowed a combined total of 21 runs scored

:lol: