Jefferson County Football 2010

JCSP20

I think you forget the fact that last year was just his junior year. There are so many football players at every level who improve drastically from their junior to senior years (i.e. jonathen crompton, wayne chism, and a countless number of guys in the NFL who really improve after one year in the league). I believe that Goins performed at a higher level last year than many would like to say (there were times when the linemen made the mistakes and the easy place for the common fan to blame is the QB) and I think it is also unfair to Anthony to assume that he will be the exact same this year as he was last year. As I said earlier in this response, many people do grow up from year to year and develop the leadership ability, humility, and decision making required to be a good football player. I think with 18 starters returning you will really see some growth in the 2010 JCHS football team.

Country boy, you finally said something right, "for the sake of the team". The coaches will decide who will best lead this team at qb. I really think they want to win so they will make decisions based on the "sake of the team" and not on anything else. You and JCSP20 really sound like you have an agenda, and it is kind of obvious.

The best is the best in my opinion counteroption :lol: But for this to hold true i do believe the coaches should look deeper into their personnel and make sure goins is the right guy for the job. Bible and others that have the desire to lead the team should be evaluated equal to Goins. Good luck to the patriots in spring practice.

and what makes you thing Goins doesnt want to lead this team? What makes you think hes not a leader in the huddle? The coaches are doing whats best for the team. I would stick to your day job if i were you and leave the coaching to the coaches, buddy.

The best is the best in my opinion counteroption :lol: But for this to hold true i do believe the coaches should look deeper into their personnel and make sure goins is the right guy for the job. Bible and others that have the desire to lead the team should be evaluated equal to Goins. Good luck to the patriots in spring practice.

and what makes you thing Goins doesnt want to lead this team? What makes you think hes not a leader in the huddle? The coaches are doing whats best for the team. I would stick to your day job if i were you and leave the coaching to the coaches, buddy.

I'm not on here to pick a fight with anybody on here Headbusta, but obviously anybody knows there is a big difference than wanting to lead the team and having the ability to do so. Not putting Goins down, just from what i witnessed last year the team didn't seem to respond to his actions. Some kids have the leadership quality and some people don't, it is nothing that is able to be taught to players. To be honest the last true leader than seemed to step out is Mcfall. He not only used his abilities to send sparks throughout the team, but his words were valued upon his fellow teammates. Again, not putting the kid down because he seems like a great kid.

One more thing I forgot to add. Wayne Chism drastically improved this year due to adversity and the realization that he needed to step up and be the senior leader. As a junior he would show up to shoot arounds in flip flops and pajama pants, and after the team arrests is when he ignated as both a player and a leader of the Tennessee basketball team. That, my friend, is not coaching but simply self-realization and putting the load on your shoulders. Any person in the world, no matter the surrounding staff, is capable of maturing like that. Just a minor correction to your post (I felt it wise to stay out of the supreme ethics of lane kiffin as a head coach :lol: )

Well if i remember correctly, anytime the team needed a boost in a tight game it came from the Defense! Offensive production wasn't present in any tight situations last year. In the West game Goins attacked the line of scrimmage the first drive to lead the team to a field goal, but after the west defense started breaking through for more pressure, i sometimes saw goins losing ground in a veer offense!? Just saying in tough games last season the defense prevailed (seymour game) as the offense failed. Granted to goins line wasn't very productive either, but he is the leader out there when the offense is on the field. To me the leadership wasn't there, but i might have been missing something. (Kudos to Wayne Chism but as for Kiffin he was a good QB coach we must give him that)

Well if i remember correctly, anytime the team needed a boost in a tight game it came from the Defense! Offensive production wasn't present in any tight situations last year. In the West game Goins attacked the line of scrimmage the first drive to lead the team to a field goal, but after the west defense started breaking through for more pressure, i sometimes saw goins losing ground in a veer offense!? Just saying in tough games last season the defense prevailed (seymour game) as the offense failed. Granted to goins line wasn't very productive either, but he is the leader out there when the offense is on the field. To me the leadership wasn't there, but i might have been missing something. (Kudos to Wayne Chism but as for Kiffin he was a good QB coach we must give him that)

The defense did step up in critical times this past year, but do you rememeber the weather conditions during the West game? It looked like they were playing in a swamp. Running every play out of shotgun was a challenge in itself. Im not saying thats an excuse but i was just throwing it out there. Just wait till august!!! This team will be one to remember. I promise you.

Well in some way you are right Headbusta. Shotgun can be a problem when the line allows penatration like they did in the morristown west game. The soggy conditions prevented anyone from escaping that penatration which is why you had players like Wright and Goins being tackled behind the line. There is the seiverville game, however, where the Goins lead offense kept the patriots in the game and also the Morristown East game where not only did the Defense shut down Tee Howell but also the offense was very fluid and productive (Cherokee was another example but ill quit for my fingers sake).

Goins' accomplishments look good on paper, but that first team all-region is misleading given that the Offensive Player of the Year was a quarterback and was not in contention for all region teams. I can't say that I was pleased with the quarterback play last year, all-region or not. In years past, with guys like Cory Watson, Dawson Halliday, Zach Long, and Jamie Crawford in the conference, Goins would not have even sniffed the all-region team. Call it what you will, but that much is very clear. His best game to date occurred during his sophomore year. He certainly has some tools to work with, but we haven't seen much improvement to date, which makes me wonder if we have a capable quarterback coach. I'm not as in touch as I used to be, and I only know what I see from the stands or hear from others, so I'm not sure who handles the quarterbacks.

As for athletes capable of playing college ball, Ausmus and Mason are the two that stick out in my mind. Unfortunately, I hear Mason doesn't quite have it together off the field but, both, from a talent standpoint, could without a doubt play somewhere. Like it was said before me, it takes a combination of talent and work ethic that I don't see out of anyone else on the team. Kids simply aren't as driven as they were back in my time. I remember we'd have guys who lived in that weight room and others who were just "country strong". Either way we understood what hard work meant and weren't afraid of it.