Marshall County 82 Spring Hill 71

MC1992

Great game as usual. This was a great tournament type game. Players got a little angry at times with each other, but it's like that during a heated battle. I did notice after the game that players from both sides were shaking hands & talking to each other. The officiating wasn't the greatest, but it's gonna be like that during a fast paced game. Anytime SH & Marshall meet up it's gonna be a championship type atmosphere. Can't wait for round 3. Barring any type of miracle, they will meet again very soon. If both teams play ball, I don't see any reason why they can't play for the district & region championship. GO MARSHALL CO. TIGERS!!!!!

So Marshall and SH finish 1 and 2 in District and 2 and 3 in Region.

How does the bracketing work?

Not so fast. How can they be number two when the games arent over yet. If GC wins tonight they should be tied with sh, so then what, coin toss?

I think coin toss is the last resort.

Isn't first tie breaker overall record?

So Marshall and SH finish 1 and 2 in District and 2 and 3 in Region.

How does the bracketing work?

Not so fast. How can they be number two when the games arent over yet. If GC wins tonight they should be tied with sh, so then what, coin toss?

I think coin toss is the last resort.

Isn't first tie breaker overall record?

then we are screwed.

Not really sure, but I think they go by margin of victory. Sh beat Giles by 29, & Giles beat SH by 7 I think. Then SH would win tie breaker. Overall records can sometimes be misleading because some teams play more games than others(like Xmas tourn.). Some teams may play 4 or 6 AAA teams, and another might play 4 or 6 A teams. Not sure about that, but I think overall records are hard to judge. District games are a better measuring stick because everybody plays the same teams. So for a tie breaker I think margin of victory would be better served.

Not really sure, but I think they go by margin of victory. Sh beat Giles by 29, & Giles beat SH by 7 I think. Then SH would win tie breaker. Overall records can sometimes be misleading because some teams play more games than others(like Xmas tourn.). Some teams may play 4 or 6 AAA teams, and another might play 4 or 6 A teams. Not sure about that, but I think overall records are hard to judge. District games are a better measuring stick because everybody plays the same teams. So for a tie breaker I think margin of victory would be better served.

I like the coin flip better. Margin of victory can be misleading as well. Some teams like to keep the foot on the gas, while some like to get younger players some court time.

So much for the tie breaker GC took one on the chin at home.

personally I think this is a very weak district....neither team have a very strong schedule. The only thing going for this district is they don't have to come west for substate anymore. The Libscomb region will be their substate. Neither team is good enough to win state championship.

So much for the tie breaker GC took one on the chin at home.

personally I think this is a very weak district....neither team have a very strong schedule. The only thing going for this district is they don't have to come west for substate anymore. The Libscomb region will be their substate. Neither team is good enough to win state championship.

Hope you wasnt looking for an argument, cause you wont get one from me. I agree 100 percent. Dont know much about 11aa but 12 is weak as water.

Regardless how weak a district or region is, that doesn't mean that the top teams in that distict/region are weak. It's not a teams fault what district they're in. Marshall Co. didn't ask to be in 12AA. If you wanna argue then you probably need to contact TSSAA. Last year Bolivar thumped Marshall Co., but i don't know if they could this year. Bolivar is a tough place to play, it doesn't make it any better having to travel for ever to get there. If it comes down to it, we'll see how good all the teams really are. When it's all said and done though, there's always an excuse. The West Ten. teams are suppose to be so much better than everybody else. So if an East or Middle Ten. team beats a West team there will be a legitimate excuse. Regardless what Marshall Co. does, I'm Marshall Co. all the way. Proud of my Tigers no matter what. Certain players have been through a lot, and everything worked itself out. All I have to say is, "GOD IS GOOD". No disrespect to any other teams. If you're a fan, root for your team and good luck. "WE ARE MARSHALL"!!!!!!!!!!!!