Emmanuel Andrews

Wildcats5454

Well, I don't have a son playing for SCHS, but I do have a daughter that does. I have read on several of these threads how great a student section and great fans LCHS has, I have a challenge for you... I believe it is time to drop this subject. Ok, we get it, you won, time to move on. Show some class and act like you have been there before. You got what you asked for with the suspensions. Have a great rest of the season! Enough is enough.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't have a son playing for SCHS, but I do have a daughter that does. I have read on several of these threads how great a student section and great fans LCHS has, I have a challenge for you... I believe it is time to drop this subject. Ok, we get it, you won, time to move on. Show some class and act like you have been there before. You got what you asked for with the suspensions. Have a great rest of the season! Enough is enough.

I completely agree. I'm tired of talking about this whole thing. I hope you were telling LCHS fans and SCHS fans to show some class though. Lets not single out one wrong doing for the other. Both parties are to blame and it is unfortunate.

No one has mentioned the off duty officer that provoked alot of the altercations. What has been done about him? He should be setting an example rather than provoking violence and making threats to coaches. Its seems like the TSSAA is trying to act like the NCAA. Its called Extortion! I'm sure nothing will be done about the two referees that caused a lot of the tense atmosphere.

I'm sure there will be nothing done about the lack of administration from Lawrence County.

I think Shelbyville should just bow out of the tournament at this point and let everyone else have their fun. No reason to continue to be the whipping post.

No one has mentioned the off duty officer that provoked alot of the altercations. What has been done about him? He should be setting an example rather than provoking violence and making threats to coaches. Its seems like the TSSAA is trying to act like the NCAA. Its called Extortion! I'm sure nothing will be done about the two referees that caused a lot of the tense atmosphere.

I'm sure there will be nothing done about the lack of administration from Lawrence County.

I think Shelbyville should just bow out of the tournament at this point and let everyone else have their fun. No reason to continue to be the whipping post.

I am more than willing to let this topic go away. However, inaccurate statements do not help. The officer was not off-duty. He is the SRO at LCHS and went to the defense of a student who was pushed which is definitely part of his job.

Coach T, I'm sorry to disagree with you..but you need to ask this SRO officer for yourself. He was Standing in front of the LC student section taunting the shelbyville players as they tried to get off the floor instead of trying to control the student section from rushing the floor. So, apparently he was "OFF DUTY. Then he had the audacity to pin Kevin Thomas to the wall as he was trying to get the players through the crowd. The officer admitted that he did not think Coach Thomas intentionally ran over the cheerleader. The facts are...this is ugly...and with the proper administration it could have been avoided.

Unfortunately, the NCAA...oops i mean the TSSAA is flexing their muscles and punishing kids instead of dealing with the adults(or lack thereof).

Coach T, I'm sorry to disagree with you..but you need to ask this SRO officer for yourself. He was Standing in front of the LC student section taunting the shelbyville players as they tried to get off the floor instead of trying to control the student section from rushing the floor. So, apparently he was "OFF DUTY. Then he had the audacity to pin Kevin Thomas to the wall as he was trying to get the players through the crowd. The officer admitted that he did not think Coach Thomas intentionally ran over the cheerleader. The facts are...this is ugly...and with the proper administration it could have been avoided.

Unfortunately, the NCAA...oops i mean the TSSAA is flexing their muscles and punishing kids instead of dealing with the adults(or lack thereof).

At the time he was in front of the student section the players had not come over there yet. He then went after Coach Thomas for pushing the cheerleader which the coach admitted later by apologizing. The host school is responsible for the security at the game, with their police and their administration, and our SRO only did his job.

LCHS has taken responsibility for any actions we took that may have helped cause this. It is time for SCHS (or rather SCHS fans) to do the same.

THE FACTS ARE... If someone from the Shelbyville coaching staff would have taken the RESPONSIBILITY and gotten their team into the locker room, NONE of this would have happened. PERIOD.

At the time he was in front of the student section the players had not come over there yet. He then went after Coach Thomas for pushing the cheerleader which the coach admitted later by apologizing. The host school is responsible for the security at the game, with their police and their administration, and our SRO only did his job.

LCHS has taken responsibility for any actions we took that may have helped cause this. It is time for SCHS to do the same.

Coach T are you insinuating that SCHS hasn't taken any responsibility?? I know for a fact that Mr. Embry had an meeting with all players, cheerleaders, and students who attended the ballgame Friday night. He asked students to show class and represent our school in a positive manner. I can assure you actions have been taken at SCHS.

Coach- Don Embry and Whit Taylor go to most all of the away games for the express purpose of controlling their student section. This has been a standard practice for years among high school programs in the area. I'm sure that if Don and Whit had have gone to the student section and held them back off the floor we would be talking about a different controversy today. As far as fans taking responsibility.....I can't figure that out.. I don't have a dog in the fight other than witnessing a fiasco and the aftermath. Kids are being punished for a lack of adult leadership. No further comments are necessary because I know what is happening here.

Congratulations to Lawrence County for the best year they have had in a long time. Second place is a great accomplishment.