Latest Bolus rankings-Fussell #1

Indian

http://www.kyprephoops.com/0910/Feb10BolusTNGirls.html

Fussell #1 in the state.

Same as always there are a few missing, Taylor Mills for one. I did a quick count and noticed about 10 of roughly 50 Division I signees not on it. Why, I don't know, but the majority of top players in the state are on it. A few freshmen make it this time and will likely be moving up over the next three years.

From this area I could have seen on there King and Brown, seniors from Cleveland, Clay, sophomore from GPS or Massengale, freshman from McMinn Central, others, but again you have to cut it off somewhere when you're limiting it to 100 over 4 grades.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again :thumb: The list states that it is meant to be an indicator of future collegiate performance--that's a joke. Just look at his "predictions" from last year. He's got girls ranked in the top twelve who haven't contributed twelve minutes or twelve points as freshman, then he's got Jasmine James as a "Best of the Rest" and she's a four-time SEC Freshman player of the week. Clearly this man hasn't seen the majority of these girls play, thank goodness D1 schools aren't relying on his services--as evidenced by D1 signings.

I agree, players are missing who should clearly be on it but James was not overlooked. This was his final rankings that included Class of 2009:

Jasmine Hassell 6-2 Sr. C Lebanon Wilson Central

Lauren Avant 5-8 Jr. G Memphis Lausanne

Faith DuPree 6-4 Sr. C Knoxville Webb

Miko Williams 5-10 Sr. SM Clarksville Northeast

Sarah Watkins 6-3 Sr. C-F Germantown Houston

Jasmine James 5-9 Sr. G Bartlett

Adrienne Pratcher 5-8 Sr. G Memphis East

Kayci Ferriss 6-8 Jr. C Carthage Smith County

LaQuinta Jefferson 5-9 Jr. G LaVergne

Nicole Dickson 6-0 Sr. F Greeneville

Kortni Jones 5-8 Sr. PG Oak Ridge

Jamila Ajanaku 6-1 Sr. F Memphis Central

And yes, if someone gives up the game he won't know about it unless someone informs him. I look at this because there's little doubt most (not all) of the state's top prospects are included. I really doubt it has much if anything to do with attending his camp.

If it troubles you that much then send your players to his camp and see if they make it or are higher on it. Then come back here and let us know if that works. As said previously, I check it out from time to time because the majority of the state's prospects are on it, especially to see the heights (listed heights) and positions for players I've never seen (mostly out west) and new players, mostly freshmen. The order isn't even that important, and to college coaches, being on it at all isn't either.

I can see Andy Landers looking over prospects, then being interrupted by an assistant, "But coach, this girl was in the third group on the Bolus rankings-we can only take Top 12 prospects from Tennessee." Then the coach scratches the girl's name off his list and stops communication immediately. Actually I can't, that's silly, and it's silly to get worked up over this.

Who else would you say is missing, I've mentioned Taylor Mills, Elizabeth Massingale and Chadarryl Clay are two from around here I'd say would be top 100 in state.

Indian.........Im not worked up.......Just making the observation that the list has not had any time or effort put into it and it has glaring mistakes. I pointed this out the last time these ratings came out. The same mistakes are there! Just one mans opinion......Oh i suppose if i wanted to throw a tantrum over a name it could be Taylor Mills.I wanted to make my point without using one of our players but you mentioned her twice so lets go with it. Shes All-state...2,000 career points,500 career assists, 25 points per game average. and has two 45 and 47 point games just this last week and a half.She is already a division one signee. Does that sound like a glaring omission? Again......you brought her up twice so i just thought i would expand on it.

There are also alot of our alumni on the list.This guy is just obviously throwing something together with out much thought.

Im sorry if i have insulted a family member, but again....its just my opinion.