• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My picks:

1) Lake Co.

2) Greenfield

3) Humboldt

4) Peabody

Pretty confident these will be the top four. The championship and consolation games should be quite close, though. 14A will put three in the regional semifinals. Humboldt or Peabody would be a tough draw for Gleason.

That is a good list. Of course I have flip 1 and 2. I think Humboldt is 3, and Peabody has a very good chance at being the #4. When the season started, I would have said Bradford #3, but something happened to them in December and they have not been the same team since.

I'm going with Lake Co ,Greenfield,Humboldt and the last game.I'm undecided.. I know Trenton won handidly against Bradford but I think if Molly can get some help from Combs and Street,may can pull it out..I think Trenton is more athletic from top to bottom but think if Bradford can get the early lead and play their kind of ball game..can win..I may be wrong on this one but I'm going with Bradford.If Lake Co is hitting on all cylinders,I think the tournament is theirs.By that I mean if Pearson and Mariah Matthews come to play..I believe T.T. and Carnation are going to do like they usually do but in my opinion,Greenfield hasn't seen Lake Co hitting on all cylinders..Lake Co has blown out just about all the teams in the district by 20 points or more in all the games but about 3..Two of those were against Greenfield.The other was the first game with Bradford.And against the same teams that Greenfield has played and barely escaped..But to their credit,they won.Since Christmas ,Lake Co hasn't really been challenged for the most part..I think Lake Co and Greenfield are the best two teams but there are teams in our district and in this tournament..Just on that 1 night..can send Lake Co packing and Greenfield packing...A lot of dangerous teams..Just my opinion..Seems like the times we've played Greenfield..T.T. had 3 fouls early in the first game and Mariah hasn't really hit in either game..Maybe Greenfield is the reason..Mariah has been on a tear in the past few weeks but it just seems like when we have played Greenfield and Bradford..we've been forced to play their style of ball...So we'll see...I'm saying Lake Co by about 10 if they play again..!

I'm going with Lake Co ,Greenfield,Humboldt and the last game.I'm undecided.. I know Trenton won handidly against Bradford but I think if Molly can get some help from Combs and Street,may can pull it out..I think Trenton is more athletic from top to bottom but think if Bradford can get the early lead and play their kind of ball game..can win..I may be wrong on this one but I'm going with Bradford.If Lake Co is hitting on all cylinders,I think the tournament is theirs.By that I mean if Pearson and Mariah Matthews come to play..I believe T.T. and Carnation are going to do like they usually do but in my opinion,Greenfield hasn't seen Lake Co hitting on all cylinders..Lake Co has blown out just about all the teams in the district by 20 points or more in all the games but about 3..Two of those were against Greenfield.The other was the first game with Bradford.And against the same teams that Greenfield has played and barely escaped..But to their credit,they won.Since Christmas ,Lake Co hasn't really been challenged for the most part..I think Lake Co and Greenfield are the best two teams but there are teams in our district and in this tournament..Just on that 1 night..can send Lake Co packing and Greenfield packing...A lot of dangerous teams..Just my opinion..Seems like the times we've played Greenfield..T.T. had 3 fouls early in the first game and Mariah hasn't really hit in either game..Maybe Greenfield is the reason..Mariah has been on a tear in the past few weeks but it just seems like when we have played Greenfield and Bradford..we've been forced to play their style of ball...So we'll see...I'm saying Lake Co by about 10 if they play again..!

I just had a feeling about Bradford..Thought they would come to play..Greenfield and Lake Co both had better come to play or they'll be playing for 3rd and 4th place..I remember Lake Co beating Gleason a couple times in the region and sent them home...At least a loss isn't the end of the road for any one of these 4 teams the next game..So that helps a little..Congrats to all 4 teams..!

I just had a feeling about Bradford..Thought they would come to play..Greenfield and Lake Co both had better come to play or they'll be playing for 3rd and 4th place..I remember Lake Co beating Gleason a couple times in the region and sent them home...At least a loss isn't the end of the road for any one of these 4 teams the next game..So that helps a little..Congrats to all 4 teams..!

these are the teams I think most everyone picked before the season. It is going to get interesting now.

these are the teams I think most everyone picked before the season. It is going to get interesting now.

I really hope Lake Co and Greenfield play for the championship..They've proven all year that they are the two best teams..But we also know that come tournament time..what we did yesterday doesn't matter..The worst case scenario to me is for one of us to lose our next game..If that happened..would make it tough no matter what happens..Even if we came in 3rd place..would be back in the region against each other more and the loser staying home..Get 4th place..we would have Gleason..We both need to take care of business and also in the region..At least a loss in the district wouldnt be the end of the road..So..as far as I'm concerned..the region is the top priority.!Greenfield and Lake Co both have the teams that could still come back and win the region even with a loss in the district..!

Congratulations to the four teams who won tonight. Went 3-for-4, missing my prediction of Peabody over Bradford. The Lady Red Devils played well (had some foul trouble late), but Peabody still gave them a fight.

Just for fun, seeing how close/far I get:

Lake Co. over Bradford by 11

Greenfield over Humboldt by 4

Well, the four teams that a lot of us picked at the first of the year are the four teams left in the district. I really thought Trenton would beat Bradford tonight, though...the way Bradford's been playing lately. But, anytime you have to play Bradford at their house, with going home on the line; they're gonna be tough to beat.

It is interesting that the semi's match up the way they do. Two athletic teams that like to run and gun, playing against the two more disciplined teams that like to play half court. Lake Co. vs Bradford and Humboldt vs Greenfield.

I agree with Bigster, that winning this next game will be very important in terms of the regional tourney.

I agree it should come down to Greenfield and LC! The last meeting between LC and bradford was a easy win for LC the first win was by 4! Humboldt is a scary team to play you just don't know which team will show up! Greenfield beat Humboldt by 6 and 7 points in their two games! LC will beat Bradford and i believe Greenfield will beat Humboldt! But Greenfield better be ready Humboldt is capable of pulling out the upset! Good Luck!! :x

The Bradford vs Trenton game was a really good game to watch, esp. the end with Combs fouling out, and Wallsmith and Street with 4...

My predicts:

LC beats Bradford by 9. Bradford could pull the upset but only if their young bench shoots the ball well(which they can, but their either hot or cold).

And.. Greenfield beats Humbolt, just because i believe Greenfield is a much better team defensively and more structured when the time comes to pull the ball out. They are very experianced. Id say about a 5 pt game. so Im giving Humbolt a chance, esp if Hubbard plays her best and King beasts on the boards

I'm looking for two excellent games..Can throw the regular season out the window..I'm looking for Bradford to set some screens for Molly and Molly to take the ball to the basket and try to draw fouls..Slow the ball down and keep Lake Co from running..Nothing really different than what they wanted to do in the regular season..just that now is tournament time..Bradford is capable of getting up for a big game.I'm looking for the same with Greenfield and Humboldt.Greenfield keep Hubbard from getting layups..play aggressive defense and go inside to Jordan and look for Katie to get open shots from the outside..Greenfield does the little things ,very well coached that make them a dangerous team.Their whole team can bite you in different ways.I'm hoping neither Lake Co or Greenfield loses tonight..If eiher of them loses..won't be the end of the road..but could put them playing each other in the region in the second round,with the loser going home..I'm hoping both teams make it to the championship..If that happens..more than likely the winner will have an easier bracket ,staying away from Gleason..So really ..probably not much difference in being 2nd or 4th..Going to get Gleason either way,just if you're 4th..going to get them the first game..If we finish 3rd..going to be back in the same bracket with Greenfield unless they were lose to Humboldt.To me..the best sceanario is both of us win..then win the district championship and hope Gleason wins theirs also..Of course..Bradford and Humboldt both winning will make things very interesting..putting one of us against Gleason the very first game..And that could happen..!The winner of the district looks to be in decent shape..not saying they'll win the region though while the loser..no matter what place they come in is going to have to go through Gleaso and either Lake Co or Greenfield to win the region championship.