Disyrict1 AA

SCOOBYDOO25

Hows this district lining up? Unicoi has lost 4 key positions with good talent taking there place, Elizabethton has Katie Robinson coming off a knee surgery and working hard, Johnson County is always a threat, S. East has had some good pitching other than that dont know much. Ley never underestimate your opponent. Your thoughts welcome and please list the realighnment if you know.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Unicoi-Loaded with talent top to bottom, 2. Elizabethton - Katie's back and still has a lot of talent, 3. Johnson County-Mahala very good pitcher and well coached, 4. Happy Valley-coaching change will payoff, 5. S East- do not know much about, 6. S. North

I know Unicoi has serveral young players that can help and maybe even start. How about your teams, any young players to watch?

I got to see several of these schools feeders (middle school teams) last year playing in tournaments and such as last year.

Happy Valley had a really good group move up and Coach Dorsey knows them well. The Morefield girl may pitch a lot for them. I would not be surprised to see several freshmen playing alot this season, building for the future.

I am impressed by Unicoi's freshmen as well. Having seen them play as a group in several tournaments during the summer and fall. The CF (Allie Gardner's sister I believe) and the catcher should both see the field.

Mountain city had some good players last year. I remember an outstanding outfielder and a shortstop. I know I saw her playing alot with an 18u team out of Kingsport.

lastly Elizabethton should have several good ones from TA Dugger (don't have any idea who they have coming in from the county schools) as they had a talented team last year. I am not going to speculate on pitchers coming up.

I guess I am asking more than telling, cause I really don't know what to expect.

I got to see several of these schools feeders (middle school teams) last year playing in tournaments and such as last year.

Happy Valley had a really good group move up and Coach Dorsey knows them well. The Morefield girl may pitch a lot for them. I would not be surprised to see several freshmen playing alot this season, building for the future.

I am impressed by Unicoi's freshmen as well. Having seen them play as a group in several tournaments during the summer and fall. The CF (Allie Gardner's sister I believe) and the catcher should both see the field.

Mountain city had some good players last year. I remember an outstanding outfielder and a shortstop. I know I saw her playing alot with an 18u team out of Kingsport.

lastly Elizabethton should have several good ones from TA Dugger (don't have any idea who they have coming in from the county schools) as they had a talented team last year. I am not going to speculate on pitchers coming up.

I guess I am asking more than telling, cause I really don't know what to expect.

You are right about the Unicoi girls but we also have some sophmores that can really play and will push for starting jobs. Have not seen the girl from Happy Valley pitch but I have heard she is pretty good and you must be talking about the Arnold girl from Mtn City I saw her play in Morristown this fall and she is a solid player.

I agree with all these post. It should be a great season if it ever quits snowing! Unicoi is the team to beat again this year but I think it will be closer than people think for 2nd between Elizabethton and Johnson County. Elizabethton has Katie back and Johnson County has very good pitcher in Sam Mahala and a very good catcher in Allison Reece returning for their 3rd year as starters. Happy Valley just might be the most improved by years end with Dorsey as their new coach. I am like everyone else just don't know much about East and North.

Thanks for all the input , I know that Katie from betsy,and Kara from Unicoi has been working like dogs after a lamb. Katie as a Senior has someting to prove from last years fault at the Eastman. Kara has helped Unicoi to the the State 2 yrs in a row. Anything can happen, lets just be good parents and good sportsman this year, because all the other teams have a chance too! It's all about the kids enjoying there team and having fun. :roll:

Well said there Scoobydoo25. Lets keep everything upbeat and just enjoy the games. Just hearing some other fans talk among themselves, I detect quite a bit of disrespect for the teams that are not in the "Elite Two" so to speak. I am not going to slam those two programs, but I think the race may be considerably tighter this year than in past seasons. I believe that at the least, HVHS and JC could challenge, and who knows about Sullivan East? I don't want to disrespect S North either. Until someone in the conference shows they can beat UC, the Blue Devils are the favorites.

Its bound to be an interesting year! My best to ALL the teams!