District 3 AA @ Pigeon Forge

macejo20

I agree with what your saying. 4th Place Team should be sent home. You can actually lose 3 games and still make it to the State Tournament. Only reason this happens is TSSAA wants more money. If these situations do occur and we really have no idea if it was done in this case it would be avoided. I believe is the point your trying to make

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Ed McMahan woould have said, You are correct sir. I was actually coaching at William Blount about 5 years ago when we lost district semis, won the first 2 of region, lost region championship, but we did lose the Sub state game at Science Hill. We went 4-4 in the post-season. That is absurd.

GP is playing in the region tournament because they took care of business during the regular season. Following your line of logic the last two games they played should carry more weight than the 12 regular season district games that each team played. Under that scenario, especially in a very competitive district such as this one, they regular season is rendered meaningless. If anything, the TSSAA should eliminate the district tournaments altogether and have the top four teams in the district standings at the end of the season placed into the region tournament.

I also think it is time to let the suspension issue die. You have already admitted that you have no inside knowledge of the situation, yet you continue to imply that the only reason the suspensions were inacted was to throw the consolation game. It's an unpleasant situation, but I assure you that everything that happened is as MMcCroskey said. Unless you have intimate knowledge of the situation, it would be advisable to not question the integretiy of the coach. Besides, as a former coach, you should know that there are much less obvious ways to influence the outcome of the game if that were Coach Placeres' desire. If a coach's intent was to throw a game, suspending all but two varsity players is too obvious and stupid a manner of doing so.

Obviously, SOME of you do not understand my rationale. I do not know anything about GP and the situation that has transpired. I do not know Coach P. All I know is the current system continues to be heavily flawed. Losing 2 games in a row at tournament time should not even warrant a move to the next tournament. If you agree that it should, then I would like to hear your reasoning. Whenver there is a dominant team in a District like Fulton...(and all you guys can get on here and try to play up Carter and AE all you want, but FULTON IS THE OBVIOUS TEAM TO BEAT in the whole region) it is beneficial to lose the consolation game, and that is what occurred.

I know I said I would only post once but this warrants a comment. Obviously, you didn't understand me. You don't know the coach or anything about the situation (by your own admission). So let me be a little more direct. Find something else to do besides slam Coach P and GP. (In other words, shut up!) If you want to start a thread about the system being flawed or Fulton is the obvious choice, blah, blah, blah. Fine but don't use it as your outlet to bash the GP Coach or team. I would think one as a former coach wouldn't use an outlet as such to bash another coach or program(GP,Carter,AE) but you do say in another thread that you coached at WB (enough said).

Come on. Can he sit or stand to coach? Where did these new players come from? He suddenly decides to bench these players? What about the emergency teaching license he supposedly got? I do not know what is going at gp but something is up. They make hardly any news in boys basketball, then all of the sudden they get every kind of press you can imagine. I may be all just circmstance, but I don't know.

He got two transfers from from Sevier County who never played for Coach Wright. The Barber kid transfered to GP from Alabama due to the fact he got a young lady pregnant and #22 came from New York, read it in article in the mountainpress. They also lost two transfers who had come in at the beggining of the year.

As far as the teaching license everyone thought it was Sevier County and Pigeon Forge who had called the state but rumor has it, it was someone in the district???

What is going on at GP is plain and simple new kid on the block and people tend not to like that. AE and Fulton are used to just beating up on people and its not the case with GP,Carter, and Union joining the party.

Mr.McCroskey made a valid point in one of his threads due to their always getting press: How many High School coaches you know play semi pro ball and play in the Rocky Top League versus current UT players? Coach P is a very likable guy according to most in the community just different from the typical mountain folk up here :P:P:thumb:

Predictions for Region Tournament:

Gp beats Alcoa

Stone beats AE

Fulton beats Loudon

Carter beats CAK

What do you guys think?

Obviously, SOME of you do not understand my rationale. I do not know anything about GP and the situation that has transpired. I do not know Coach P. All I know is the current system continues to be heavily flawed. Losing 2 games in a row at tournament time should not even warrant a move to the next tournament. If you agree that it should, then I would like to hear your reasoning. Whenver there is a dominant team in a District like Fulton...(and all you guys can get on here and try to play up Carter and AE all you want, but FULTON IS THE OBVIOUS TEAM TO BEAT in the whole region) it is beneficial to lose the consolation game, and that is what occurred.

I know I said I would only post once but this warrants a comment. Obviously, you didn't understand me. You don't know the coach or anything about the situation (by your own admission). So let me be a little more direct. Find something else to do besides slam Coach P and GP. (In other words, shut up!) If you want to start a thread about the system being flawed or Fulton is the obvious choice, blah, blah, blah. Fine but don't use it as your outlet to bash the GP Coach or team. I would think one as a former coach wouldn't use an outlet as such to bash another coach or program(GP,Carter,AE) but you do say in another thread that you coached at WB (enough said).

Maybe you just read what you want to read. I have plainly stated on THIS thread that I think the move was smart so if you think that is bashing Coach P you have a tough time with reading comprehension. Yes I coached at WB. Yes I coached at Oliver Springs. Yes my name is Scott Cupp. Yes my telephone number is 621-3065. Anything else you want to know because I, unlike many on these boards, am not afraid to speak my mind with a NAME ATTACHED. It is my opinion and maybe it is wrong. The suspensions whether legitimate or not was a good move. If legitimate, the kids will learn a good lesson. If not, the school avoids Fulton. Win Win situation for Coach P. Good move!