This years West Carroll team.....

GCPioneer

As I have not watched West Carroll play this year, how does this years team with Thomas Greer compare to the West Carroll team with Xavier Webb? I remember Xavier had a decent supporting cast around him. Does Thomas have anyone around him that could help lead them to the state tournament or will Thomas have to do it on his own? Who is/was better.... Xavier Webb or Thomas Greer?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greer is pretty good, but the kid from Big Sandy is really good. He handles the ball, rebounds, shoots well, finishes well and can create his own shot. The big Sandy kid is hands down in my opinion the best player in the district. Does anyone know where he is going to play college ball.

Pretty good ??? have you seen Greer Play? If there were a kid from Big Sandy don't you think his name would be on these boards more.

Yeah, he is pretty good. I am not talking bad about him. I just said that I think the kid from Big Sandy is the best player in the district. Yes, I have seen both of them at least four times. The reason you don't see the kid from Big Sandy on here more is because his team doesn't do as well as West Carroll. Sorry if my opinion angered or upset you.

Yeah, he is pretty good. I am not talking bad about him. I just said that I think the kid from Big Sandy is the best player in the district. Yes, I have seen both of them at least four times. The reason you don't see the kid from Big Sandy on here more is because his team doesn't do as well as West Carroll. Sorry if my opinion angered or upset you.

Game recognizes game. The impact the school has over the press a great player gets is some but not huge. Example. Casey Prather's team did not even win the district last year. Greer would be known about as much as he is now even if he played for Big Sandy.

Agreed, Greer is a great player. Probably a better fit at a smaller mid-major school like Peay.

IMO, Xavier was the better player. Scoring stats are comparable (Hansbro 27.8 PPG in his senior season, Greer 27.4). Edge to Hansbro in rebounding, though (14.6 vs. 9.0).

As far as the team - if they finish #1 in 13A, will probably beat Halls/Peabody by 5-10 points. But Humboldt, Union City or Lake Co. will likely end their season in the regional semifinals.

Greer is an outstanding player...

One of the best players I have ever played against, and I have played in alot of different places in the states.

The Big Sandy player you are talking about is me (Chris Cox)..

and I have never seen this Xaiver Webb play,

I transfered here my sophomore year.

Everytime we play WC it is an exciting game and I always enjoy playing against Thomas.

-Chris Cox #22-