Top Ten Players in Tennessee of this Decade...

terop

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go in no particular order....

Thad Young Mitchell

John Jenkins Station Camp

Brandon Wright Brentwood

Willie Kemp Bolivar

Wayne Chism Bolivar

Joe Jackson White Station

Corey Brewer ??can't remember

Juwan Long Liberty

Reginald Buckner Manassas

THAD YOUNG

JAMONT GORDON

COREY BREWER

JOHN JENKINS

JOE JACKSON

BRANDON WRIGHT

WAYNE CHISM

WILLIE KEMP

JALEN STEELE

TERRENCE OGLESBY

Jermaine Shephard from Clinton should definitely be on this least. He was Nate Robinson before Nate Robinson was. This guy was well under 6 feet tall and could easily drop 30 points and excite the crowd with electrifying dunks. One of the greatest 2 sport athletes this state has ever seen.

Halston Lane from Oak Ridge was a top notch player as well. He signed and played for Georgia Tech out of high school before transferring to a smaller venue.

Travis Williams from Oliver Springs was a great PG. Scored over 2,000 career points and led a team from the AA cellar to back-to-back state tournaments.

Not sure if you guys remember Eric Howard from Giles County, but I know we do. One of the fastest pgs ever, and he was one of the main reasons Tyler was the player he was back then. He hit the second biggest shot for GC to win the State Championship, the first being Fletch's half court miracle to beat Bolivar, which if I remember had a couple of these players on it then. Eric Howard the real weezie.

I cant believe that Tony Delk from Haywood Co. and Cannon Whitby from Obion Central were left out of everyone's list. And, I really cant believe that nobody has mentioned Penny Hardaway from Memphis Treadwell! Also, what about Bobby Parks from Middleton? Wow, what a basketball player. And, from long, long ago, Bailey Howell from Middleton, who went on to play for Miss. St. and played in the NBA. Also, a Reaves fella from Bolivar was tough. He also went on to play in the NBA.

Also, back when I was in high school, Bolivar had two fellas that could play ball with anyone...Elvis Mitchell and Jose Crisp. Elvis was a shooting machine, and Jose was a 6'8" bruiser, who led the nation in rebounding at Tenn. St.

I cant believe that Tony Delk from Haywood Co. and Cannon Whitby from Obion Central were left out of everyone's list. And, I really cant believe that nobody has mentioned Penny Hardaway from Memphis Treadwell! Also, what about Bobby Parks from Middleton? Wow, what a basketball player. And, from long, long ago, Bailey Howell from Middleton, who went on to play for Miss. St. and played in the NBA. Also, a Reaves fella from Bolivar was tough. He also went on to play in the NBA.

Also, back when I was in high school, Bolivar had two fellas that could play ball with anyone...Elvis Mitchell and Jose Crisp. Elvis was a shooting machine, and Jose was a 6'8" bruiser, who led the nation in rebounding at Tenn. St.

Volfan..I believe those names alway pop up in a conversation about high school ball in Tenn..But I think the post is talking about this decade..not this century..lol..Just having fun with you.!