Top Ten Players in Tennessee of this Decade...

terop

Beavo nice post!

I'd agree that all 4 are very good players, but when it comes to best in the state, only PERRY POWELL can be considered. Seriously, the best basketball player i saw in high school. Better than Shawne Williams, Andre Allen, or Derrick Byars.

As for other notables:

Trey Pearson- South Fulton

JONATHAN LOE- Bartlett(unreal)

Jeremy Williams- Hamilton

J.P. Prince- White Station

Tauren Moy-BTW

Leslie McDonald-Briarcrest(I think)

Reginald Delk- Jackson Northside

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beavo nice post!

I'd agree that all 4 are very good players, but when it comes to best in the state, only PERRY POWELL can be considered. Seriously, the best basketball player i saw in high school. Better than Shawne Williams, Andre Allen, or Derrick Byars.

As for other notables:

Trey Pearson- South Fulton

JONATHAN LOE- Bartlett(unreal)

Jeremy Williams- Hamilton

J.P. Prince- White Station

Tauren Moy-BTW

Leslie McDonald-Briarcrest(I think)

Reginald Delk- Jackson Northside

Perry Powell was an amazing player. Was a do it all on the court! Take you to the hole and dunk on you or step back and shoot that sweet jump shot.

Perry Powell was awesome to watch play. He's not the best player to ever come through West TN, but definately when you mention some of the best to come through here, Perry is right there.

I think Perry Powell and Trey Pearson's game was very much alike. Trey had to do alot more as he didn't have the help that Perry did around him, but you put Perry Powell on that South Fulton team and I guarantee you he could've done just as much as Trey did. Both were AWESOME players to watch.

While I'm on the subject, it seems as if everyone has their breakout game against Gibson Co. for some reason, lol. Anyways, I remember GC playing South Fulton @ GC, Trey Pearson had the ball in the corner with his back to the basket while being double teamed in that corner, he spun baseline off the double team and then posterized one of our big guys. It was probably the most ridiculous play I've ever seen made by a player at the high school level. Trey winded up with like 36 in that game. Just one of my Trey Pearson stories as I'm sure many people have theirs.

I cant believe that Tony Delk from Haywood Co. and Cannon Whitby from Obion Central were left out of everyone's list. And, I really cant believe that nobody has mentioned Penny Hardaway from Memphis Treadwell! Also, what about Bobby Parks from Middleton? Wow, what a basketball player. And, from long, long ago, Bailey Howell from Middleton, who went on to play for Miss. St. and played in the NBA. Also, a Reaves fella from Bolivar was tough. He also went on to play in the NBA.

Also, back when I was in high school, Bolivar had two fellas that could play ball with anyone...Elvis Mitchell and Jose Crisp. Elvis was a shooting machine, and Jose was a 6'8" bruiser, who led the nation in rebounding at Tenn. St.

THIS DECADE!!!! That's from 2000-2010

LOL, people don't pay ANY attention these days. Just messin with ya :thumb:

I agree with all for sure. Add Chase Dunn from Livingston Academy as well.

Joseph Bailey-Pickett County

John Jenkins-Station Camp

Corey Brewer-Portland

Jalen Steele-Fulton

James Gallman-Fulton

Drew Kelly-Centennial

Maybe not TOP TEN players, but definitely worth noting.

im no expert but i have been going to the state tournemnents since i was younger

kellen pickle bradley central-probably not one of the best players of the decade but worth mentioning can absolutley stroke it from 3. him and the hare kid tore it up one year from downtown down in mboro

taurean moy BTW-one of the best shooters to EVER come through tn.

Could not name my top ten, so here is my Top 25

(Not in any kind of order)

Thadeus Young

Corey Brewer

Brandon Wright

Wayne Chism

Jarvis Varnardo

Emmanuel Andrews

Dane Bradshaw

Joe Jackson

John Jenkins

Wadale Williams

Tyler Smith

J.P.Prince

Jamont Gordon

Desmond Yates

Derrick Byars

Ernest Shelton

Scooter McFadgon

Kedron Johnson(all ready as a Jr.)

Reginald Delk

Richard Delk

Barry Stewart

Lee Humphrey

Willie Kemp

Andre Allen

David Price(sleeper and yes I mean basketball not baseball lol)