Who Will Be The New Head Coach At LaVergne?

1LoyalFan

Who is available ? I wonder if any alum of LaVergne High school applied that are certified to Teach. I would love to see a former Wolverine Be Head Coach if any of the former alum have the resume & qualifications for the job. Donnie Lowe, Chris Grimes ? Those were 2 of my fav that came from the school. Good People also. What is Donnie doing, This guy was a leader and I believe he would make a positive impact on the kids...Does anybody know? I know the Grimes kid spent a yr at Tech under Watson Brown while he finished undergrad & now he's a Defensive GA a cumberland University. He was apart of Hester staff last season. Did Ralph Thompson re apply, Does anyone think they would go out of state looking to get a Coach.

Thanks

And guys lets keep the negative talk down & lets Be positve.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, maybe Rush Hannity can somehow keep his bogus views out of this thread.

Back the the subject at hand...wasn't there a former LHS lineman name Burnham (sp) student-teaching at Blackman not long ago? Does the guy coach?

As far as the last post in the other thread, the practice field at LHS is a real problem. It is also the field for shot-put and discus during track, so it stays very beat up. The school system should spring for an artificial turf for the football stadium since not just the high school plays there - 2 middle schools play their games there, both high school soccer teams play games there, and the award winning band at LHS could practice on it instead of in a parking lot (at least when its blazing friggin' hot outside).

I won't hold me breath for the school system to spend that kind of money since there are classrooms at LHS with holes in the walls and don't have cable. (but have lots of rotting or warped ceiling tiles and those don't even take much money to replace). On the other hand, the money was there to build new middle schools and renovate other schools in the county.

Who is available ? I wonder if any alum of LaVergne High school applied that are certified to Teach. I would love to see a former Wolverine Be Head Coach if any of the former alum have the resume & qualifications for the job. Donnie Lowe, Chris Grimes ? Those were 2 of my fav that came from the school. Good People also. What is Donnie doing, This guy was a leader and I believe he would make a positive impact on the kids...Does anybody know? I know the Grimes kid spent a yr at Tech under Watson Brown while he finished undergrad & now he's a Defensive GA a cumberland University. He was apart of Hester staff last season. Did Ralph Thompson re apply, Does anyone think they would go out of state looking to get a Coach.

Thanks

I did not re-apply. After Mr. Daniels submitted me as his choice for Head Coach, you see what happened to him. I don't want any part of that kind of thing.

I think anyone that goes to Lavergne is CRAZY! This school is NOT in the current superintendent's favor. It almost seems that he has a vendetta against them. That school needs some cleaning up and it needs to come fast. There is a ton of disgruntled folk and angry kids there.

It is time for the governement to quit forcing schools to turn their cheek on these gangbangers to keep their graduation rates up. This is ridiculous. Kids will be kids and if you give them an inch to keep them in school for these rates, they will take a mile. Quit focusing on the kids who don't want to be there and who will not accomplish a thing after they graduate b/c they are used to being given things when they don't earn them. The ones that are getting hurt are the GOOD kids who are being cast in the shadows and not being advanced b/c they care enough to keep their grades up and truly care. What is this world coming to?

It is sad that this school has been cast aside to make sure that Blackman and Siegel get state of the art everything! We at Oakland and Riverdale had to FIGHT like heck to get our facilities updated and they still need work. Lavergne deserves the same!

I think anyone that goes to Lavergne is CRAZY! This school is NOT in the current superintendent's favor. It almost seems that he has a vendetta against them. That school needs some cleaning up and it needs to come fast. There is a ton of disgruntled folk and angry kids there.

It is time for the governement to quit forcing schools to turn their cheek on these gangbangers to keep their graduation rates up. This is ridiculous. Kids will be kids and if you give them an inch to keep them in school for these rates, they will take a mile. Quit focusing on the kids who don't want to be there and who will not accomplish a thing after they graduate b/c they are used to being given things when they don't earn them. The ones that are getting hurt are the GOOD kids who are being cast in the shadows and not being advanced b/c they care enough to keep their grades up and truly care. What is this world coming to?

It is sad that this school has been cast aside to make sure that Blackman and Siegel get state of the art everything! We at Oakland and Riverdale had to FIGHT like heck to get our facilities updated and they still need work. Lavergne deserves the same!

You should contact a reporter at the DNJ named Chasity Gunn. She would be interested in your views.

Her email address:

cgunn@dnj.com

Are you saying that you agree with me?

I'd say at least 85% of what you had to say holds water. Especially the last paragraph.

Last year's senior class at LHS had a record number of academic scholarship recipients. The kids with brains, drive, focus, ambition, etc. have the opportunity there in honors and a.p. classes to be ready for college. There is a problem in the school of some honors classes being overflowing with too many students because of non-honors type kids getting in those classes just to avoid the poor conduct and academic apathy of many "standard classes." Actually the gap between the true honors/a.p. kids and what teachers now (in some cases) disparagingly call "standard class kids" seems to be growing larger all the time.

This is not just at LHS. It's at Oakland. It's at Riverdale. Yes, at Siegel. At Smyrna. I haven't heard those comments as much coming out of Blackman - yet. I agree that habitual conduct offenders should be sent to Dan McKee or Smyrna West to straighten up, but a few weeks at what used to be called "reform school" won't fix 16 or 17 years of bad upbringing. And just to be clear, these offenders are of all races and BOTH GENDERS with girls who have anger management issues, who want to fight anybody over anything or nothing at the drop of a hat, being a big part of the problem.

As far as the actual topic of this thread - I have no idea who will be hired as coach or when.