Who Will Be The New Head Coach At LaVergne?

1LoyalFan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Grooms returns as QB and the new coach can get guys like Mahin to play football who haven't been...LHS could easily double last year's 3 win total. 6-4 would be reasonable to predict.

But that depends on things like Grooms returning, etc.

Agree on the 6-4 record with the new head coach in place, and if the possible candidate takes the job for the O-Line...Doug Capella. Capella is a hard-nosed, no non-sense coach. He was a candidate for the Siegel job, and would be a great fit at LHS.

Let me set the record straight regarding Stevens days at Oak Ridge. First of all he did not "pull a knife" on anyone at practice...it was a joke. Secondly, he did not attack anyone after a game...that is a myth. Either offense, if true, would have landed him in jail. Some of my fellow Oak Ridgers love to gossip and stretch the truth. I do agree that he may not have been the right fit at his alma mater, but it serves no purpose to trash him on this thread. If this story is true, good luck to Coach Stevens and good luck to LaVergne.

The facts are-- A knife was pulled out in jest around a group of students

:Not appropriate

The facts are he did not attack someone at the Clinton game Physically.... He just cursed just them out, I was there.

:Not appropriate.

Oh, & the losing as well. But I know for sure that was no all his fault...He had a weak staff.

The facts are-- A knife was pulled out in jest around a group of students

:Not appropriate

The facts are he did not attack someone at the Clinton game Physically.... He just cursed just them out, I was there.

:Not appropriate.

Oh, & the losing as well. But I know for sure that was no all his fault...He had a weak staff.

Really? That's not what the record says.

I'm not going to get into a spitting contest with you, but I have talked to people on both the Oak Ridge and Clinton side who were there, as well, and had a legitimate reason to be on the field when the altercation took place. It did happen, there was physcial contact, and the reprimand in the permanent record says so.

And as for a "weak staff", just who is responsbile for hiring the coaching staff at Oak Ridge? That excuse just doesn't fly.

SS will do a good job at LaVergne he is a good coach that might have made a few bad choices during his time at Oak Ridge, but don't we all? Some people in Oak Ridge blew a lot of things out of proportion because they wanted him out as coach. The old saying "you can't go home" was made true in this case. SS is a good hire good luck to him & LaVergne.

P.S. to Lavergne fans that are believing & reading the rumors from Oak Ridgequote]......"Judge not lest ye be judged."[

Sounds like you are doing some "judging" there yourself "coach"

One thing that is not blown out of proportion was his record at Oak Ridge.

[

Really? That's not what the record says.

I'm not going to get into a spitting contest with you, but I have talked to people on both the Oak Ridge and Clinton side who were there, as well, and had a legitimate reason to be on the field when the altercation took place. It did happen, there was physcial contact, and the reprimand in the permanent record says so.

And as for a "weak staff", just who is responsbile for hiring the coaching staff at Oak Ridge? That excuse just doesn't fly.

HTV,

Your information is incorrect. Again, I was there. He did not attack anyone physically. There were some words exchanged & some posturing, nothing to be taken to jail over. or it would have happened.

With that said, I was worried about a riot with all of that going on. But that did not happen.

Please post this perm. record that you have though, I would like to see it.

About the staff, He hires the staff. Still, he did not lose all of those games by himself.

That's how football works..

Bladerunner

"currahee"

First off Congratulations Coach Stevens.

Second thing is a couple of pieces of advice.

1. YOU are their Coach, not their buddy or pal.

2. Come in like you mean it or the wanna be gang bangers will run all over you.

Welcome to the OLD Region 4. There is NO gimme's in this Region/District. Any win you get here YOU are going to have to EARN!