Who Will Be The New Head Coach At LaVergne?

1LoyalFan

The first thing Coach Stevens needs to do when he gets to Lavergne is to get some of the talent in the halls down to the football field... I believe former Lavergne standout Marcus Booker's younger brother, Malcom is a sophomore at LHS, and would light the field on fire if Coach can get him suited up.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing Coach Stevens needs to do when he gets to Lavergne is to get some of the talent in the halls down to the football field... I believe former Lavergne standout Marcus Booker's younger brother, Malcom is a sophomore at LHS, and would light the field on fire if Coach can get him suited up.

If you have to beg them to come out, they are NOT worth having in the long run. dry.gif

Really good coaches have kids on the TEAM that want to be there and playing for him. From there on things depend on how good a teacher the coach is.

He was trying (without much luck) to be funny. There never was a Marcus Booker. It was a b.s. rumor about a transfer that never existed.

If Stevens winning % as a head coach at A E and O R combined was 73%...we would gladly take that playing in 7-aaa and playing schools like Brentwood and Indy and Hendersonville outside the district.

He will not have to "beg" anybody to do anything. To walk down the halls of LHS, a person has to man up. Nobody begs for anything. I've never seen a real "gang member" there that I know of, but plenty of "tough characters." Both genders, all races.

In my opinion, he will need to approach athletes from other sports about joining football...in particular one who was already mentioned in this thread who is built like an SEC football player already and has really good academic credentials too. He would be the perfect replacement for Williamson as the large physical WR.

He was trying (without much luck) to be funny. There never was a Marcus Booker. It was a b.s. rumor about a transfer that never existed.

If Stevens winning % as a head coach at A E and O R combined was 73%...we would gladly take that playing in 7-aaa and playing schools like Brentwood and Indy and Hendersonville outside the district.

He will not have to "beg" anybody to do anything. To walk down the halls of LHS, a person has to man up. Nobody begs for anything. I've never seen a real "gang member" there that I know of, but plenty of "tough characters." Both genders, all races.

In my opinion, he will need to approach athletes from other sports about joining football...in particular one who was already mentioned in this thread who is built like an SEC football player already and has really good academic credentials too. He would be the perfect replacement for Williamson as the large physical WR.

Disagree...Marcus Booker is a freakish athlete who never made it to the practice field. You need to get your facts straight.

His brother Malcolm could be a huge part of the team...that is if he decides to contribute to LaVergne football.

nrgrizzlies, you might want to discuss the so called 'gang' situation at LHS with the SRO's. According to them (and they HAVE had gang training) there IS a gang problem at LaVergne just like it is at a couple of other schools in Rutherford County. Being that close to Antioch it is inevitable, or are you going to do like most parents and stick your head in the sand?

If I have never seen a gang member over there that I could positively identify as a gang member that means exactly what I said...that I have never seen a gang member over there that I could positively identify as a gang member. If the sro's did, then they can deal with it. I hope they do.

Do I seem like the type of person who would condone that type of conduct in a school after how many posts saying to send bad apples to Daniel McKee and Smyrna West? After how many posts condemning the Smyrna football vandals who remain at large? After how many posts expressing concern over the poor conduct and academic apathy in the "standard classes" in many of the local high schools (even Siegel)???

By the way...

fill in the blank on this recent DNJ article...

Three students at __________ High School attacked a school resource officer during a holiday basketball tournament, which led to the expulsion of two students.

Need a hint? (their team wears purple and yellow, not blue and white)

If I have never seen a gang member over there that I could positively identify as a gang member that means exactly what I said...that I have never seen a gang member over there that I could positively identify as a gang member. If the sro's did, then they can deal with it. I hope they do.

Do I seem like the type of person who would condone that type of conduct in a school after how many posts saying to send bad apples to Daniel McKee and Smyrna West? After how many posts condemning the Smyrna football vandals who remain at large? After how many posts expressing concern over the poor conduct and academic apathy in the "standard classes" in many of the local high schools (even Siegel)???

By the way...

fill in the blank on this recent DNJ article...

Three students at __________ High School attacked a school resource officer during a holiday basketball tournament, which led to the expulsion of two students.

Need a hint? (their team wears purple and yellow, not blue and white)

Like I said above LaVergne is NOT alone with a gang problem. Right now there are gangs at EVERY high school and 'middle school' in Rutherford County. They are NOT all black either. For example there is the gang in Smyrna called the 'Black and Whites'. There is also a Laotian gang and a Mexican one in Rutherford County. Heck there was even one identified as being made up of members of the FFA called the 'Farm Boys' (Riverdale).

Gangs today are not what we thought of from TV like the Bloods and the Crips. One of the most dangerous ones is one that actively tries to recruit at the Middle School level. Ever heard of MS 13? It is in both Nashville and the surrounding counties.

I first became aware of them in 2001 when one groped my daughter and the school system said the most they could do was put the 18 year old FRESHMAN in ISS (in school suspension). Two hours later the wanna be adult gang banger was sitting in 940 Salem Pike facing adult assault charges. He now has a conviction and is labeled a sex offender and IS in the adult prison system! Before we went to court the WHOLE gang tried to intimidate me and my family. Did NOT work. I do not care how tough they are as I carry a 45 that has 16 rounds in it before reloading. I also carry two spare mags of 15 rounds each. Gangs ARE there, you just need the training to spot them.

I did hear something about Riverdale last year that was disturbing but I don't think most people would call it a gang. You might though.

Something about more than a few white kids wearing various "rebel flag" shirts with thinly veiled racial epithets on them and that kids there who were kind of on the "redneck" side all pretty much knew who all the others of their type were. Does that make it a clique - or a gang? Or is it just a certain segment of the student population showing very poor judgement in what they wear to a school that happens to have quite a number of minority students? In any case, it could lead to bad problems in the school if the rest of the student body wasn't grown up enough to ignore these "redneck" kids. Of course, you can't ban the shirts or you would hear whining and crying that their "freedom of speech" was being stepped on and the right-wing political correctness patrol (yes, it does exist) would go ballistic. That's the same people who say that if a retail store hangs a banner or runs an ad with the words "season's greetings" or "happy holidays" in December, that they are part of the (imaginary) "War on Christmas" TM (a registered trademark of Fox News - or if not, it should be). Maybe they could be labeled a gang too under the new definitions.

I am waiting to see the first gang dressed in Pink that calls itself the "Tooth Fairys" or a group of females called simply 'Butch'. ^_^

Neither of which we will ever see on the football field!

Speaking of football, has anyone at LaVergne gotten to actually talk to Coach Stevens to see what kind of offense and defense he is thinking of running? :evil: