10A Tournament Predictions??

basketball4me

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i was there last night for the finals between WHHS and McEWEN , and you are correct WHHS had to play McEWEN and 3 officials and still almost won, so yes it is hard for 5 on 8. Apparently most of the people who post have it wrong, WHHS beat HOUSTON CO twice once by 9 and once by 15 in the tournament. so apparently houston county is not the 2 best team. and as for McEWEN going to destroy WHHS in the championship you were wrong again! A couple of other things..1 Coach Eric Rowland should have been coach of the year, not the coach from HOUSTON CO. who lost twice to heritage and didn't even say good game to the Heritage players after the tournament loss. 2 A lot of people did not appreciate the cheap shot that McEWEN took on the point guard 32 for WHHS. 3 And as we are speaking about point guards I will take 32 for WHHS and 4 for East over anybody else in the district. 4 and as far as player of the year it should have been between Hopson of McEWEN and Ray for WHHS.

Yes i was there last night for the finals between WHHS and McEWEN , and you are correct WHHS had to play McEWEN and 3 officials and still almost won, so yes it is hard for 5 on 8. Apparently most of the people who post have it wrong, WHHS beat HOUSTON CO twice once by 9 and once by 15 in the tournament. so apparently houston county is not the 2 best team. and as for McEWEN going to destroy WHHS in the championship you were wrong again! A couple of other things..1 Coach Eric Rowland should have been coach of the year, not the coach from HOUSTON CO. who lost twice to heritage and didn't even say good game to the Heritage players after the tournament loss. 2 A lot of people did not appreciate the cheap shot that McEWEN took on the point guard 32 for WHHS. 3 And as we are speaking about point guards I will take 32 for WHHS and 4 for East over anybody else in the district. 4 and as far as player of the year it should have been between Hopson of McEWEN and Ray for WHHS.

So, who was mvp and all tournament players?

Do not all the players, but here are the ones i know.

All Tournament

McEWEN- HOBSON, LONG

WHHS- RAY, DORRIS, TRAUGHBER

HOUSTON CO- BAGGETT

EAST- CASEY, PEARCE

Do not know why but no tournament MVP

Sam Smith from McEWEN was player of the year, good ball player but certainly not the best player in the district.

All Tournament

McEWEN- HOBSON, LONG

HOUSTON CO- BAGGETT

EAST- CASEY, PEARCE

Sam Smith from McEWEN was player of the year, good ball player but certainly not the best player in the district.

There was another McEwen player that got all tournament and that is Lindsay Baker. There was not a tournament MVP.

ok i was there also and the officials were just horrible. They missed a ton of calls for both teams. They were not one sided whatsoever. And I agree with you that the coach from Erin should not have gotten coach of the year but I do not think it should of been Eric Rowland... It wasn't very smart of him to get a technical when WHHS was down by two with less than a minute left to go in the game. Coach Harvey Mize from McEwen should gotten it. The McEwen girls have won the District Tournament three years in a row and has a ton of experience. And another thing... that cheap shot you were talking about helped heritage more than hurt them. Im pretty sure Ray hit both of her free throws and then WHHS got possession of the ball back.

I feel I have to defend the Coach of the Year choice. True Mize is a brilliant coach, not taking anything away from him, but Young took over last year at HC and had very young players to work with, he did a great job with them, this year he had 1 senior, and the rest were jumiors, sophs, and freshman. He has taken a very young team and did wonders with them. Last year I have to be honest, I thought HC would finish close to the bottom of the district, not because they didn't have talent, but because they needed floor time. This year he has worked with those girls and put together a good team with a deep bench. He has freshman and sophs that can hold their own with any team in the district, his 5 starters are talented girls who play hard. He has a very talented assistant coach in Jamie and together they put the HC team in contention. And I will say this now, watch out for them next year!

All Tournament

McEWEN- HOBSON, LONG

HOUSTON CO- BAGGETT

EAST- CASEY, PEARCE

I think Sam Smith greatly deserved MVP. She runs the floor with skill and confidence, and puts up her own points too. She is always looking for the open player, and can hit them, or is running the plays like a pro.

ok i was there also and the officials were just horrible. They missed a ton of calls for both teams. They were not one sided whatsoever. And I agree with you that the coach from Erin should not have gotten coach of the year but I do not think it should of been Eric Rowland... It wasn't very smart of him to get a technical when WHHS was down by two with less than a minute left to go in the game. Coach Harvey Mize from McEwen should gotten it. The McEwen girls have won the District Tournament three years in a row and has a ton of experience. And another thing... that cheap shot you were talking about helped heritage more than hurt them. Im pretty sure Ray hit both of her free throws and then WHHS got possession of the ball back.

Some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long time in most of the games played, the worst was whaen HC boys had 26 fouls and McEwen had 6.... Game Total I am not saying HC didnt deserve 26 fouls, but do you honestly believe in a high school game that the other team only had 6 fouls the entire game??????

• 2 weeks later...