District 8-AA Tourney

ukhoops

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if anybody knows when the rule on moving screens changed? I dont wont to take too much away from Upperman as they showed alot of energy and heart so they deserved the win over LA! LA was flat and no one stepped up in the 2nd half. But I would like to see moving screens called on Uppermans #30 forward/linebacker. They called two on her late but she continued doing it and no calls! I have watched all three games between these two this year and she has gotten away with it on all three. Bee fans can say Im making excuses, but that is how Roberts gets wide open on threes. Just watch Mon night and see how many open looks she gets from an illegal screen!! Good luck and may the best team win.

Moving screens, I don't know, I wasn't there so you may be right. I saw two posts get away with close to a dozen uncalled walks a couple of nights ago so it's not out of the question one team could get away with something repeatedly like that. A few were called, but it could have been every other time down the court. But saying your team was "flat", how could you be flat in the district tournament against your biggest rival, with a first-round region home game on the line and also the district championship possible in your next game? :)

Moving screens, I don't know, I wasn't there so you may be right. I saw two posts get away with close to a dozen uncalled walks a couple of nights ago so it's not out of the question one team could get away with something repeatedly like that. A few were called, but it could have been every other time down the court. But saying your team was "flat", how could you be flat in the district tournament against your biggest rival, with a first-round region home game on the line and also the district championship possible in your next game? :)

Good question! It was very frustrating. We didnt seem to want it as bad as they did!

There's three calls that are still violations but few refs call 1.moving screens,2.three seconds, and 3. carrying the ball. There are players who get use to it not being called then get a ref that calls it and it changes their game.Any time a player gets under the ball and lifts or carries the ball its a violation but if hand stays on top of ball its not.The only change in that rule was years ago a dribble to high was a violation now its not if the hand stays on top of ball.Moving screens and three second is same as always but seldom gets called. Some coaches know the refs that call these infractions and some refs call them when they want to. A few years ago a player got called for palming or carrying the ball 8 or 9 times in a sectional game and she hadn't been called for it all year and truthfully she did carry the ball. I'm not saying this did or did not happen in this game but speaking as a rule in general.

Just wondering if anybody knows when the rule on moving screens changed? I dont wont to take too much away from Upperman as they showed alot of energy and heart so they deserved the win over LA! LA was flat and no one stepped up in the 2nd half. But I would like to see moving screens called on Uppermans #30 forward/linebacker. They called two on her late but she continued doing it and no calls! I have watched all three games between these two this year and she has gotten away with it on all three. Bee fans can say Im making excuses, but that is how Roberts gets wide open on threes. Just watch Mon night and see how many open looks she gets from an illegal screen!! Good luck and may the best team win.

You do understand that there is more to a basketball game than what you might see from your seat, right? While I will readily admit that the refereeing in this District is generally......not the greatest......they are usually "not the greatest" against both teams.

I have had an upclose and personal look at this for the past two years. And in my previous life (pre-TENNESSEE) I have coached, and I have reffed. It sucks to lose. It sucks even more when you see something that could have changed the outcome. But in this rivalry there will ALWAYS be something, a hold, a charge, a carry, multiple holds and carries, big kid not getting any calls, an endless list of things that could have changed the outcome of a game.

Im glad we have a place like coacht to vent our frustrations!!!

Good luck the rest of the way. (but the use of the word "linebacker" was probably not necessary.....besides it was on the offensive end, so Fullback would have been more precise) :roflol:

You do understand that there is more to a basketball game than what you might see from your seat, right? While I will readily admit that the refereeing in this District is generally......not the greatest......they are usually "not the greatest" against both teams.

I have had an upclose and personal look at this for the past two years. And in my previous life (pre-TENNESSEE) I have coached, and I have reffed. It sucks to lose. It sucks even more when you see something that could have changed the outcome. But in this rivalry there will ALWAYS be something, a hold, a charge, a carry, multiple holds and carries, big kid not getting any calls, an endless list of things that could have changed the outcome of a game.

Im glad we have a place like coacht to vent our frustrations!!!

Good luck the rest of the way. (but the use of the word "linebacker" was probably not necessary.....besides it was on the offensive end, so Fullback would have been more precise) :roflol:

gatorbill...you forgot 3 pointers at the end of the first half that should have counted. :roflol: