Millington-66; Cordova-55.....HORRIBLE OFFICIATING!!!!

MCHStrojan96

:?: Well 1st things 1st, CONGRATS to Coach Gat and the Millington Lady Trojans (28-2; 12-0/ AP#6 AAA) on their tough district win last night over Cordova Lady Wolves 66-55. What a night for the Seniors, very proud of the way you gals have represented our school and community over the years.

:evil: Now to my rant, i know we won but we had to beat Cordova and the REFS because they SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely the worst refs ive seen in quite some time, i swear they wanted Dova' to win. When Dova's #30 (by far their best player) got in a refs face and screamed after a call and didnt get a tech i think the gym almost came unhinged. We had experienced 3 quarters of lop-sided calls, offensive push offs, double dibbles, walks to the moon and poor sportsmanship from Dova' so when this happened i just thought OMG we are gonna loose!! Im very proud of the way we kept calm and put even more pressure on the ball and pulled off the win. I could go on and on and write a darn book about these refs there were soooo many horrible, on sided calls but ill just end on the note that we showed class and they didnt, even though they got most of the calls to go their way. When Dova' left the court, some of them passed up our team in the after-hand slap and went straight to their locker room and #30 was so mad she punched the locker room door and dented it right in front of their fans, cheerleaders and the police officers. Although it already had dents, its still no excuse. #30 has a great shot, very good player but she won't go far with that attitude, there were scouts in the stands. I was talking to one of them.

:?: Keep up the hard work Lady Trojans!!! Win that District Tourney and grab that top seed for the Regional!!!

BB, while reading the Memphis Athletic Association Web site as how athletics were organized there, I saw the TSSAA looked in over a lot of things but got an impression that someone else assigned officials. Since there is a difference, and because you have had problems around the end of the year there with officiating in the past(I think last year), who assigns oficials for games under the senario, is there an association or is it under the Memphis Athletic Director and someone with a problem with officiating, which is the governing body in Memphis High Schools?

Im proud of the Millington girls but... I know it was Senior night but why didnt Coach Gatlin play Treasure and number 30 last night?? It seemed the same girls played the entire game and were most likely tired as u now what. Treasure and number 30 (name?) seemed to help out under the goal more so when playing than the Jefferson girl? Anyway i hope all goes well for the team but i hope to see Coach gat play more of the bench instead of the same 6 just when he has plenty of talent on the bench. No disrespect just stating my opinion and what i have seen so far. Lately our girls have been driving the ball and dishing off passes down low for the open basket instead of 1 person trying to do it all.. This team can win the State...Between Misha,Treasure and number 30 i hope they see alot of playing time in the upcoming games.. They will help out even though they will make mistakes but they also will get there confidence up and play better. All of them make mistakes but thats how they will learn. The bench is deep and can help. Ok im done but thats how i feel...