Ahead for Clinton?

Southeastfootball

Coach marsh has left to be a head coach at Sweetwater. Will the offense change at Clinton? If so, how? what will be the same?

I heard they were switching to the old Larry Kerr philosphy of running an offense. Power I with 2 Hogs playing Tightends. You go down, you go down and you kick. Every now an than you have to run the waggle.

• Upvote 1

Marsh ran a balanced system that featured multiple formations. He had everything from I with 2 tightends, to a empty set. He ran his offense around his two superstars, and was able to spread the ball to all of his talented players. He ran short pass patterns, and had his own version of the Oakland Raiders offense in 08 throwing the ball straight down the field 70 yards once every 4 downs. lol. Great system but what was really impressive is all the changes he was able to make with it from 08 to 09. He went from a deep passing game, to a short very affective passing game in a very short period of time. Loved his system.

I contacted Larry Kerr just last week. I was able to grab a copy of his old play book. "DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, KICK". THATS HOW YA BLOOD, RUN THE WAGGLE AT 8" was the title of it. I sure hope Clinton gives me a call, this offense is something eles.

Whatever direction Clinton goes, they will be talented at the skill positions. In the senior class they have Corey Washington, Dee Shannon, Shawn Ambrose, and a few newcomers. In the junior class they have Austin Powell who has started every game he has played at CHS on the defensive side of the ball. Sophomore class has Camion and some tall, rangy, athletic receivers, and a decent up and coming QB in Willard. The 9th grade will make an impact with Dylan Dotson, who has been working extremely hard in the weight room. The cupboard is not bare and Clinton fans should be excited about the fact that they have these guys coming back. They probably have the best trio of backs around East Tennessee with Powell, Patrick, and Shannon. We will see . . . this team should get better and better as the year goes along.

Whatever direction Clinton goes, they will be talented at the skill positions. In the senior class they have Corey Washington, Dee Shannon, Shawn Ambrose, and a few newcomers. In the junior class they have Austin Powell who has started every game he has played at CHS on the defensive side of the ball. Sophomore class has Camion and some tall, rangy, athletic receivers, and a decent up and coming QB in Willard. The 9th grade will make an impact with Dylan Dotson, who has been working extremely hard in the weight room. The cupboard is not bare and Clinton fans should be excited about the fact that they have these guys coming back. They probably have the best trio of backs around East Tennessee with Powell, Patrick, and Shannon. We will see . . . this team should get better and better as the year goes along.

Yea you should be fine this year but count a loss when you play AC :popcorneater:

Coach marsh has left to be a head coach at Sweetwater. Will the offense change at Clinton? If so, how? what will be the same?[/quote

I hate to see Marsh leave, but am happy for him and wish him the best of luck @ Sweetwater. I think Clinton's offense will change a little. The qb we have coming back is Ambrose, and i think it is his job to lose, but you never know who might step up or transfer in. I believe that Dee is more comfortable at rb than wr, but have a feeling he will end up at receiver or tight end.

I believe you have to run a style of offense based on the style of players you have. I would be very surprised to see Clinton run the same style offense they ran last year.

Clinton loses around 20 players from last years team, but i believe they still have enough talent to surprise some teams this year. Early on, i would have to say that AC and OR will be the favorites to win the region next year, but dont count out Clinton just because they lost so many players and some of the best talent they have had in a long time.