Best Teams in East Tn??

gohard

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Farragut & Powell. I know Gibbs returns their strong pitching, and in AA should go far into the State Tourney this year. Seymour is always good, but remember they have jumped to AAA this year, could be a factor.

One left off is Sevier Co. This should be one of the better SC Teams in school history and should make some noise in the IMAC.

Broke school record in wins last year, has one of the best hitters in the area in Zach Flynn and will have 5 senior starters that have all played since they were Freshman. We have already scrimmaged Catholic & Bearden beating both. We did not face eithers ace, but we faced their best hitters & everyone else on their pitching staff.

I am pretty sure Catholic & Bearden would agree with me on this.

I agree with Farragut & Powell. I know Gibbs returns their strong pitching, and in AA should go far into the State Tourney this year. Seymour is always good, but remember they have jumped to AAA this year, could be a factor.

One left off is Sevier Co. This should be one of the better SC Teams in school history and should make some noise in the IMAC.

Broke school record in wins last year, has one of the best hitters in the area in Zach Flynn and will have 5 senior starters that have all played since they were Freshman. We have already scrimmaged Catholic & Bearden beating both. We did not face eithers ace, but we faced their best hitters & everyone else on their pitching staff.

I agree.....SC will have a strong team this year. Should make a run at the district title.

Another team that was left off is Halls. I believe they have to be the favorites in 3AAA.

Solo-mon 2 I have heard good things about SC for this coming year. However, don't let Gibbs being AA and Seymour moving up fool you. Seymour is and always has competed very well with AAA teams and Gibbs annually plays one of if not the toughest AA non-district schedules year in and out. I not naive to think that AA and AAA is the same but this is one year that Gibbs could finish top 2 in any AAA district in East Tennessee. Gibbs pitching may be the best overall top 4 guys around period including Farragut. (Obviously Williams and Pheiffer are very good but don't know much about 3 and 4.) The IMAC should be a very competitive district. It is probably the best district top to bottom of any in East TN. With that being said 5 or 6 different teams could win that district. Good luck and remember the battles with you back in the day!

The IMAC will be very even this year. Seymour has played all AAA teams outside the district for several years which has included the IMAC teams except Cherokee. Maybe the SCHS and SHS game will a little lower scoring contest this year ( to many touchdowns last year, but the extra points were consistent).

I wouldn't go so far as to say best district in East Tenn. The Big 8 is by far better top to bottom than the IMAC. According to tssaa, the last 10 years IMAC teams have won a total of 3 games in region play.

You are probably correct, but you must remember that the IMAC is now much different than in years past. South Doyle and Seymour both have recent State Tourney trips, and SC seems to be steadily improving. I think the book is still out on SC as an overall program, but they have gotten better, we have to wait and see how much better. Out of district scheduling will tell us alot about the IMAC teams, as they will beat each other up in district play.

3AAA should be between Powell & Halls. Halls looks like they should have strong pitching returning. What about the catcher position for both? I heard Beelow for Powell was suspended for grades, and who is Halls going to have behind the dish?

Powell will have Tyler Alford behind the dish. He will catch quite a bit even if Below makes it back.

For Halls, if Austin Smith is healthy, then he will catch the majority of the time. You could see Andrew Russell back there as well.