Best Teams in East Tn??

gohard

Seymour went to DB last year and came away with a nice win. Science Hill comes to visit this year in the last game.

Take nothing away from Seymour in the game against DB last year - they played a very good game as I recall. It should be noted that it was DB's 5th game of the week and we had just beaten Science Hill the night before, which was a huge rivalry game. DB was a little short on pitching in the Seymour game. Can't wait for the season to get started. Good Luck to all East TN teams.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best in East Tennessee

Farragut

Science Hill

David Crockett

Powell

Halls

Bearden

3AAA battle between Halls and Powell, Halls with Mcconkey and Burton, Hillard, Gresham, Weaver for starters and some strong younger guys in relief. Powell down on pitching, Ownby only Starter I can think of, Below will be back, heard he was out for grades due to being sick and missing two weeks, the other guy will still have to do some catching, Below will have to pitch more, throws harder from the mound than behind the plate, seen him get 8K in three innings at 18u Sandlott Series in Nashville this summer, should see him in relief. Colin Rhyne will be a hard out this year, also look for him to score alot

of runs this year, Powell bats will have to beat Halls pitching either way, whichever wins 3AAA will have to get by Science Hill and Farragut. Gibbs will be top AA in the east now that Catholic moved up, very deep pitching staff with Pigeon Forge right behind them

Glad to hear Below will be back for Powell! 17 year olds sometimes don't always realize how their decisions impact their future. He has signed with Walters State, right? Wish him the BEST!

I apologize to the Science Hill group. I have heard a lot of good things about your lefty Norris! I am sure Science Hill will be strong also! Don't know a lot about the Upper East TN Teams.

I think Gibbs will go a long way into State, as I said. Seymour will be Seymour, always a very tough game for ANYONE! SHS1 I agree with dropping the score down from last year, no one should have lost that game!

I don't know about making the IMAC one of the top districts though. There are a lot of districts that have 2 or 3 good teams. Don't know much about Mo East & Mo West but I have heard they have a couple of good arms each. They could be very good this year.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am ready for 60 degree weather and High School Baseball!

I wouldn't go so far as to say best district in East Tenn. The Big 8 is by far better top to bottom than the IMAC. According to tssaa, the last 10 years IMAC teams have won a total of 3 games in region play.

I'm not sure how the 2 districts will match up top to bottom but I'm sure the IMAC will be much stronger with the addition of Seymour, South Doyle and Sevier County. All 3 teams have good talent and all are very well coached. Sevier County and South Doyle came out of the toughest AAA district in the state and Seymour always has a strong program. All 3 have a solid group of seniors as well. Look for improved competition in the regions!

One thing I think we can all agree on is that the overall level of HS baseball has measurably improved in the last couple of years. Take a look at teams picked to go to state in East TN this year, along with several others who have a legitimate chance. There are not many "2 team" districts anymore. Good luck to all!

Best in East TN

Farragut - Depth on the mound will determine how far they will go.

Science Hill - Will rely on Norris to take them to state.

D. Crockett - Should reach state with 2 top pitchers.

Webb - Experienced group should win state in private class.

Gibbs- Bats will determine how far they will go.

Halls - Deep Senior group could take them far.

Seymour - Gritty group that wont back down, best AAA team in SC.

Oak Ridge - Could be suprise team this year.

This is just my top 8 as I'm sure there are others that are worthy of recognition. Good luck to all !

Junkman00 just remember before you make a statement best AAA team in SC that SC SWEPT Seymour last year 9-2 & 24-23. Seymour is good, I agree, but SC is just as good.

That is a good point! I want to see how SC does this year against what appears to be a slightly tougher schedule than last year. I thought the knock on SC last year was their overall lack of quality opponents outside district. I am glad to see Traywick step it up a notch this year. It will be interesting to see how SC and Seymour compare when both are throwing their 1's and 2's against each other. Seymour also was pretty young last year and return most all of their lineup. I have not seen SC play but have heard alot of good things about this team from several people who have. Aside from the head to head when neither threw their best, I think the biggest difference between Seymour and SC is the perception that SC still has alot to prove before they are considered one of the better teams in the area. Seymour has been good to great for most of 25 years, so most give them the benefit of tradition. SC may be as good or better than Seymour this year, but until they prove it, SC will continue to chase Seymour for bragging rights and now even more importantly, district titles. Good luck to both schools in what will quickly become one of the better rivalries in the area.

I wouldn't go so far as to say best district in East Tenn. The Big 8 is by far better top to bottom than the IMAC. According to tssaa, the last 10 years IMAC teams have won a total of 3 games in region play.

You are probably correct, but you must remember that the IMAC is now much different than in years past. South Doyle and Seymour both have recent State Tourney trips, and SC seems to be steadily improving. I think the book is still out on SC as an overall program, but they have gotten better, we have to wait and see how much better. Out of district scheduling will tell us alot about the IMAC teams, as they will beat each other up in district play.

Ok since you are new to the IMAC, one thing you need to know up front....you have now officially left East Tennessee and are not quite in UPPER East Tennessee. You are officially in the HS sports no-man's land. No press, no AP votes and no attention. The up side is you can pretty much fly under the radar undil tourney time.

I agree with Farragut & Powell. I know Gibbs returns their strong pitching, and in AA should go far into the State Tourney this year. Seymour is always good, but remember they have jumped to AAA this year, could be a factor.

One left off is Sevier Co. This should be one of the better SC Teams in school history and should make some noise in the IMAC.

Broke school record in wins last year, has one of the best hitters in the area in Zach Flynn and will have 5 senior starters that have all played since they were Freshman. We have already scrimmaged Catholic & Bearden beating both. We did not face eithers ace, but we faced their best hitters & everyone else on their pitching staff.

I am pretty sure Catholic & Bearden would agree with me on this.

OK I AM PRETTY SURE THE ONLY REASON WHY SC BEAT BEARDEN AND CATHOLIC IS BECAUSE BOTH TEAMS PITCHED A DIFFERENT PICTCHER EVERY INNING IF THEY DIDNT SC WOULD NOT HAVE BEATIN THEM,NOT EVEN CLOSE. BEARDEN AND CATHOLIC HAVE PRETTY SOLID CLUBS THIS YEAR AND WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REG. SEASON!

ahhhh baseball season again.. (Can I get a "what what" DB fans? haha. good times, good times) Should be interesting to see how well Farragut's overall pitching is this season. We all know about Pfeifer and Williams who are definitely great pitchers. I don't think Farragut will have a terrible time offensively this season, but only time will tell. I think Catholic now being in the district certainly makes it harder to win and of course Bearden is still there and they always give Farragut a run for their money.

Should be fun seeing some of the results of the first week of games in a few days!

How has Catholics senior Anders throwing since his returm to baseball after Tommy John surgery? I think he's the guy we need to watch. Did not play last year because of that injury. As a soph. he batted cleanup and was ace pitcher. Should be interesting to watch. In general, how do they look? Is Catholic healthy this year. What about other pitchers? Little info please. Thanks.