Henry County Football

West TN football

So what's the feeling on this now? Are they gonna be down compared to the last couple years? Do they have a chance to win it all? Are they even gonna make the playoffs? What's the word in HC?

With the recent tradition of success (to go along with the old tradition of success that just returned) my guess is 8-2 in the regular season, and depending on what direction we go in the playoffs, either 9-3 or 10-3 overall. There is talent here and on the way. HC will not be down in the near future.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to Coach T but have heard about it through friends. I have read through many of the comments about Henry Co. football and would like to say a few things. I have lived in Paris my whole life and played football at the High School and have a child in the school system. I am extremely close to the program and have followed them for many years after graduating. Any of you that have something negative to say about Coach Gaddis need move on. The man did an incredible job here and should be praised. I'm very concerned with the new coaching staff that has been formed with the departure of Gaddis, Wyatt, and Muench. I don't think the replacements for those 3 guys are going to be anything close to their personalities or knowledge of the game. What I have failed to see in the postings is the fact that Coach Hodge is no longer going to coach for the Patriots. I don't know him personally but from what I have heard from other fans, parents, and players he is a huge loss to the program. In fact, I just recently heard from a player that he going to be coaching at Dresden High School but continue to teach at Henry Co. The Patriot player said he is going to be joining his brother on the staff as the defensive coordinator. What a pick up for the Lions! What do the players and parents think of the new Henry Co. coaching staff so far?

I am new to Coach T but have heard about it through friends. I have read through many of the comments about Henry Co. football and would like to say a few things. I have lived in Paris my whole life and played football at the High School and have a child in the school system. I am extremely close to the program and have followed them for many years after graduating. Any of you that have something negative to say about Coach Gaddis need move on. The man did an incredible job here and should be praised. I'm very concerned with the new coaching staff that has been formed with the departure of Gaddis, Wyatt, and Muench. I don't think the replacements for those 3 guys are going to be anything close to their personalities or knowledge of the game. What I have failed to see in the postings is the fact that Coach Hodge is no longer going to coach for the Patriots. I don't know him personally but from what I have heard from other fans, parents, and players he is a huge loss to the program. In fact, I just recently heard from a player that he going to be coaching at Dresden High School but continue to teach at Henry Co. The Patriot player said he is going to be joining his brother on the staff as the defensive coordinator. What a pick up for the Lions! What do the players and parents think of the new Henry Co. coaching staff so far?

I wish the best for HC but i did not know that u could teach at one school and coach at another. They are in two different counties so someone shine some light on this please. Thank u ! :D

Who is on the new staff? All i have heard is rumors about who might be on it. Maybe someone who knows can tell us who the coaches are and what positions they coach including the freshmen.

Has anyone seen the 2010 schedule yet? Most all of the teams in our district have theirs on Coach T.

I am not sure about the coaches that came in with Counce, but Hodge is a big loss for the Patriot coaching staff, he was part of the turn around of the program, also I hear that the long time D-line coach for the Patriots has been moved to the offensive side of the ball to make room for the new coach's man. From everythign I understand, Reggie Thompson has been an excellent D-line coach for the best part of ten years at Henry County and the Defense is not changing. The man replacing Thompson has coached the offensive line before however Thompson has not. The program will experience success however, in talking with players, there has been some confusion on the practice field already between coaches on the staff. I might add that this confusion was between new staff members, (the OC and the new head coach).

From what I have heard from about half dozen parents are they really like and respect them (players too).

Gaddis is tough to replace but was replaced with a very good Head Coach. Ryan, hated to see the young man go but I assume Chuck is replacing him as a line coach and should do very well at it, been around for awhile as a Coach. Ryan may have related a little more to players due to he is only a few years older than the are. The other position?

I guess my other comment on this would be don't write the men off before the first game! They have a lot of experience and knowledge. Give them an oppourtunity and as you said in your post "if you got something negative to say move on". At this point it can go both ways.

I am not sure about the coaches that came in with Counce, but Hodge is a big loss for the Patriot coaching staff, he was part of the turn around of the program, also I hear that the long time D-line coach for the Patriots has been moved to the offensive side of the ball to make room for the new coach's man. From everythign I understand, Reggie Thompson has been an excellent D-line coach for the best part of ten years at Henry County and the Defense is not changing. The man replacing Thompson has coached the offensive line before however Thompson has not. The program will experience success however, in talking with players, there has been some confusion on the practice field already between coaches on the staff. I might add that this confusion was between new staff members, (the OC and the new head coach).

Confusion at this point is to be expected. Same thing happened when Coach Gaddis started his first year at HCHS. They will work it out. I agee they will experience success.

Confusion is to be expected, however, it will effect the confidence of the players if the coaches are the ones confused on the practice field. Gaddis and the staff may have been confused too, I can not remember that. Players told me that Snow and Counce did were not on the same page on the field. THere should not be confusion on the field by the coaches. That confusion should be taken care of in the coaches office.

Confusion is to be expected, however, it will effect the confidence of the players if the coaches are the ones confused on the practice field. Gaddis and the staff may have been confused too, I can not remember that. Players told me that Snow and Counce did were not on the same page on the field. THere should not be confusion on the field by the coaches. That confusion should be taken care of in the coaches office.

Coach has been on the job at HCHS for a few days. I would think they can work this out.

If you are saying that the resolution of the confusion should have taken place after practice I guess that might be different but people handle things differently.

My friends at the lake say that losing Hodge will be a huge loss. The guys out here were shocked to see Muench leave. Wyatt leaving will be huge also. The word is that Gaddis let his coaches coach so they were all good, as the teams were always well coached.

I wish the best for HC but i did not know that u could teach at one school and coach at another. They are in two different counties so someone shine some light on this please. Thank u ! :shock:

I am not sure about the rules in Tennessee (I coached in Mississippi), but why wouldn't it be ok for a guy to teach in one school and coach in another. What you do after school is your own business providing it's legal. It would be like working a second job. If he taught at HC and then drove to Dresden to work at a restaurant, it would be the same thing.

Since HC has had a few all state defensive linemen in recent years, this is quite interesting, but I am sure Counce has his reasons. Any head coach has the right to put his staff together in the way that he wants. As far as confusion between coaches is concerned, I bet you that that rumor is overblown. Counce has been around too long for that to happen. In my career, disagreements between coaches were never expressed in front of the players. Some of you are probably just looking for problems.