Region 1AAA -- Picks

HOOPSGURU

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting picks TBB. I believe 1st round would be a sweep if Harmon is able to play for THS. DB lost to East but I believe Coach Morgan is to good of a coach to let that happen again. SH will win walking away at West. Boone has their hands full with Cocke County but should win.

Second round match ups will be great. A SH - Boone show down will be interesting. SH will be out for blood after the upset and Boone will be wanting to prove it was no fluke. SC and DB will be a coaches battle. But all teams have to get through Sat first.

Good luck to all teams still playing.

That's interesting picks TBB. I believe 1st round would be a sweep if Harmon is able to play for THS. DB lost to East but I believe Coach Morgan is to good of a coach to let that happen again. SH will win walking away at West. Boone has their hands full with Cocke County but should win.

Second round match ups will be great. A SH - Boone show down will be interesting. SH will be out for blood after the upset and Boone will be wanting to prove it was no fluke. SC and DB will be a coaches battle. But all teams have to get through Sat first.

Good luck to all teams still playing.

Interesting look at the tournament. Is the IMAC that weak that District 1 should sweep?

I do not think that the IMAC is that weak, but speaking from personal picks I do not know alot about them. I've watched district one all season and know that the teams are solid. So its not that I think that the IMAC is that weak, I just believe that the Big 8 is just that strong. THS which stands as the 4th best beat Boone by a 3 the week before tournaments. Of course they had Harmon. SH looked sharp in the Consolation game against THS. DB had their hands full with a team full of heart. Not to say that the other teams don't have heart, but Boone plays strictly on emotions most of the time. The thing about Boone that makes them succesful is that it is a big community thing! Boone fans are faithful beyond belief.

Morristown East gets NO credit with you guys. How soon you have all forgotten what the Hurricanes JUST DID last year. If you ask anyone on the side of District 2 or even the Knoxville side, they would tell you that the District 1 is way down this year. Ya, the teams may be all solid, but they are not heads above District 2 as they have been in years past. I will say District 1 & 2 is even right now and we will see how it turns out on Saturday...

First round, Daniel Boone, Science Hill, Sevier County, Morristown East

Second round, Science Hill, Morristown East

Region Champs, the team with the most points on the scoreboard lol!

I know there is not but looks like there would be a provision to flop if both 1 and 3 wins for both conferences. Shame they have to take each other out if your projections follow. Boone and SH and SEvier and East. I think with HArmon THS would be a lot stronger. Without him a different story.

Boone has to play the way they have and get some 3s from someone to beat Cocke.

THS without Harmon or maybe with have nothing for big man from Sevier.

East and DB will be a good game. Toss up.

SH will beat West but West's size may give them problems. West has to slow it down and control the ball. They like Boone are on a roll. Could be the upset.

I promise you right now that the upset will not be West over Science Hill. I definitely can see the Cocke Co. over Boone prediction, especially if Cocke Co. gets hot from behind the line and the Stewart kid takes over like he can. However, Morristown West is terrible! If they do win, not only will it be an upset this year, but it will be the upset of Region 1 AAA basketball. They have one true basketball player and that is Sanders. Other than that, nothing. One player cannot be a group of a solid 7 from Science Hill. Sevier County is good and I don't think TN High could beat them this year with or without Harmon. Sevier does not have 1 specific player that stands out, but they have about 8 really good ones that does everything Wright tells them to. They are fun to watch because they are so disciplined. DB and M'town East split during the season, but East looked much better of the two in both games. If East would just learn how to put teams away, their record would be much better than 19-10 and they could make a strong run at state. Tough place to play though at Kingsport, definitely this time of year. It should be another great game. DB in January won 73-71 & East two weeks ago 54-52. I give the advantage to East if Gardner shoots it well.

Well most people were 4 for 4 on the first round, not bad. What about now?

Daniel Boone vs. Science Hill

Dobyns Bennent vs. Sevier County

Who will be playin for the championship? Also, for everyone that talked about the lack of strong teams in the Big 8 and the underestimated IMAC teams, I guess it was proven tonight that the Big 8 is better then the IMAC even when the Big 8 has an off year...go figure.