Region 1A

az5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosby will be the only team out of District 2 to advance to the next round. Hancock had some strange things go down in the Championship game and could be without their coach and a key player , so I don't see them having a chance against UH. Washburn might could have played with UH or N.G but getting upset by Hancock forcing them to play Hampton leaves them little or no chance to advance. JF White would lose to Cloudlands JV that won't even be a game. I'm picking Cosby and Cloudland in the finals. GO EAGLES!!

I would be absolutely SHOCKED to see a final not consisting of District 1 schools. This time of year anything can happen, but Cloudland and Hampton (at full strength) are better than Cosby.

1. Hampton - when they have their PG back

2. Cloudland

3. Cosby/UH

5. North Greene

6. Washburn

7. Unaka

8. Hancock

9. Everyone else from Dist. 2

i dont know how you can say that when you probably havnt seen cosby play. they have two posts averaging close to 20 a game and have three guards that can score 25 on any givin night. they are prety dangerous. and them being on a 17 game win streak helps too!

i dont know how you can say that when you probably havnt seen cosby play. they have two posts averaging close to 20 a game and have three guards that can score 25 on any givin night. they are prety dangerous. and them being on a 17 game win streak helps too!

I'm not sayin that Hampton will walk right over Cosby but......I do think that Hampton would have to play very poor for Cosby to win. No, I have not seen Cosby play but I did notice that Cosby has beaten P. Forge twice by 1 pt each time and beat Unaka at Cosby by less than 10 pts. Hampton played P. Forge early in the year when the Football team had been off the field for less than a week and Hampton was up 20+ on them until right at the very end when Hampton let up after the game had already been decided. Hampton just beat Unaka a couple of weeks ago by 20+ on Unaka's home floor and had already beat them by double digits at Hampton. The game will have to be played on the floor and Hampton will have to play good to win, but I would think Hampton is the heavy favorite in this game.

I was looking at Cosby's schedule. They should be able to challenge Cloudland or Hampton. With that being said, they are the only school in district 2 that could challenge for the region. Cloudland should win it. They are better coached and play with more desire than Hampton. Hampton from top to bottom is the most talented team I've seen in a long time. If they put it together mentally, they are nearly impossible to beat. I do think they will beat Cosby and play Cloudland again for the title. I do think Cloudland will beat them again. They play such tormenting defense and they pester the life out of Hughes and Ward. Morgan and Potter will cut you up like butter if you don't defend them. Hampton will have to turn up the defensive intensity or it will be the same thing again.

Well, it looks like an all district one plus Cosby semi-finals. I saw where Cosby struggled to beat NG. The huskies are no cup-cake, but if the Hampton team that beat NG by 30 pts. shows up, then Cosby is in trouble. Cloudland's fourth matchup with UH kinka scares me. Its hard to beat a good team 4 times in one year. Hopefully, Ned will have them ready.

It looks like district 2 put up a better fight than I though they would. Cloudland and Hampton may have laid off a bit but I thought they would win by 30+ , I also thought UH would beat Hancock more convincingly. N.G. did what they had to do to keep the game close and it paid off if they were playin to not lose too bad. Cloudland and Hampton still the teams to beat but if they could only manage to beat JFW and Washburn by 15 -16 points they aren't as far ahead of Cosby as you district 1 fans are thinking.

It looks like district 2 put up a better fight than I though they would. Cloudland and Hampton may have laid off a bit but I thought they would win by 30+ , I also thought UH would beat Hancock more convincingly. N.G. did what they had to do to keep the game close and it paid off if they were playin to not lose too bad. Cloudland and Hampton still the teams to beat but if they could only manage to beat JFW and Washburn by 15 -16 points they aren't as far ahead of Cosby as you district 1 fans are thinking.

Hampton started out the game ahead 16-2 and then quit. I was surprised that the Region 2 teams hung as well as they did but was also surprised at how well NG hung with Cosby. I really don't know what to expect with the Hampton/Cosby game now? Hampton played really well in spurts against Washburn, but not for 32 minutes. If Hampton does not come to play Tuesday, they will get beat!

Hampton started out the game ahead 16-2 and then quit. I was surprised that the Region 2 teams hung as well as they did but was also surprised at how well NG hung with Cosby. I really don't know what to expect with the Hampton/Cosby game now? Hampton played really well in spurts against Washburn, but not for 32 minutes. If Hampton does not come to play Tuesday, they will get beat!

N.G had one kid who made evreything he shot or they would have got beat pretty bad.

I listened to the North Greene and Cosby game on the radio, and I know it was a greeneville based radio station, but was the officiating as bad as Marty Ricker made it seem? I have heard the guys from WIKQ bash the officials on a regular basis while on the air but NEVER this bad! He spent more time complaining and talking about how awful the referees were than he did doing his job-ANNOUNCING THE GAME!!! It was getting really annoying after the 200th time I heard him say "Wow...go figure another foul on North Greene...these guys are terrible! Fans this is the worst officiated game I have ever called...and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!" I was starting to think Burt Bertlecamp was doing high school basketball games now :thumb: