BGA AD?

Letsplayball

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DVP I am big fan of Marty and his style of coaching. Now it is not for everyone but winning a State Championship is not easy and something that can't be just sneezed at. I wish you would let him be. You tried to sue him. Didn't work. Try to bash him. Didn't work. Call Robert Jemison the AD and I promise you he will laugh you off the phone. He has a lot of respect here in Middle Tn as far as coaching goes. So, he and we are not good enough to know what kind of great football that is played in east tn. He has always defended people from Jeff. Co. and said they are only a few bad apples up there. Guess I might (and I said might) have just met one. Good luck in 2010 may the patriots make it to Cookeville and play right after Marty

DVP I am big fan of Marty and his style of coaching. Now it is not for everyone but winning a State Championship is not easy and something that can't be just sneezed at. I wish you would let him be. You tried to sue him. Didn't work. Try to bash him. Didn't work. Call Robert Jemison the AD and I promise you he will laugh you off the phone. He has a lot of respect here in Middle Tn as far as coaching goes. So, he and we are not good enough to know what kind of great football that is played in east tn. He has always defended people from Jeff. Co. and said they are only a few bad apples up there. Guess I might (and I said might) have just met one. Good luck in 2010 may the patriots make it to Cookeville and play right after Marty
Daba, since you post with a respectful tone...I will respond to your post in what I hope is received in a similar way.#1 "Your a fan of Marty." Ok,I understand and respect that.#2 "He won State." I respect that.#3"Let him be." This is my last post on the subject.#4 "sue." That was the parents of 4 players(not me)(IMO that whole thing was handled badly on everyones part).#5 "bash." We are talking about a Head Coach/adult who is in a high profile position and his record is open for praise and criticism.#6 "call the AD/respect in mid Tn"> ok, I seem to be outnumbered on this blog and I would hope he would have the full support of his AD .#7"defended Jeff folks." True; He has friends here in Jeff .#8 "bad apples." I have a conflicting opinion.#9 might I be a bad apple? I might ! it depends on who you ask.I'm ok with that.I also understand the strong need to defend your coach.#10"Good luck and both teams making it to the Championship at Cookville".Back at ya!!!!.Now, with all the consessions that I have made,I think it's only fair that my post regarding "running down to 30 players(children) at 2 seperate schools" ,must be given some weight and creadence.This" fact"is not a bash or an attack or negativity on my part,but a honest representation of what happened at Jeff and Clark.And, it is just as much of a fact as him having won State/Having a very good football mind and having people find him likable.(< See I'm fair and balanced)Further,It should be pointed out, that Jeff has averaged 100 players per year-since Marty's departure and it wasn't the result of replacing 60 bad apples with 60 good ones. PEACE/GOOD LUCK !! dvp4life

Thank you for your well wishes and they are received with open arms. I appreciate the fact that you understood my tone and accepted it. Question though; Was it a down turn in the economy that hurt the numbers? I don't know but were there a lot of people moving to Alcoa, Maryville, and Oak Ridge during that time? I remember in the 80's and 90's Jeff Co. was a team to fear but just like Lincoln Co. and other areas a plant closes and the numbers dwindle. In this case it may not be warranted but it did happen in rural areas about that time. After your response you might be a good apple:).

dvp4life,

As for CMU running down/running off players at two schools who knows what those problems were. Some people just don't like discipline and change. It would be fun to know how many players CMU starts with this fall @ BGA on the varsity and how many of those same players are on the team at the end of the season. If those results show that a small private school (BGA) with spoiled, rich, soft kids have more toughness than kids from a large rual public school then something is wrong in today's world.

Now, with all the consessions that I have made,I think it's only fair that my post regarding "running down to 30 players(children) at 2 seperate schools" ,must be given some weight and creadence.This" fact"is not a bash or an attack or negativity on my part,but a honest representation of what happened at Jeff and Clark.And, it is just as much of a fact as him having won State/Having a very good football mind and having people find him likable.(< See I'm fair and balanced)Further,It should be pointed out, that Jeff has averaged 100 players per year-since Marty's departure and it wasn't the result of replacing 60 bad apples with 60 good ones. PEACE/GOOD LUCK !! dvp4life

concessions, credence, separate

Unless I missed something, teams are judged based on wins and loses, not by how many people participate. But hey, good luck winning the human pyramid contest. 100 players should build a pretty big one.

Can't spell.pathetic,soft,spoiled and childish. Well arn't we so colorful in our insults.Try and reread (sp?) my earlier post and see if you can honestly tell me that 60 to 70 players at 2 different schools are to blame.Or just maybe there was another reason.

Oh, and if your opinions represent the general consensus at Jeff Co, the problem is pretty obvious.

"concessions, credence, separate"

I CAN'T SPELL !!!thanks for helping

"Unless I missed something, teams are judged based on wins and loses, not by how many people participate. But hey, good luck winning the human pyramid contest. 100 players should build a pretty big one."

You and several others HAVE missed something. 60 maybe as much as 70 players/children were forced off the team ,were encouraged to quit, were made to feel unwelcome or refused to play for this man while he was the HEAD COACH at 2(two) separate schools ,over the course of 4 seasons !!! It wasn't the AD, or the assistant coaches ,or the parents, or the community or the School Board or the economy ,or ME ,or anything other than this man and is leadership. I think it's odd that no one on this blog can accept the FACT that a coach can be so great(1998 championship) and be so divisive just a few years later. This ugly fact IS part of his coaching record.Insulting what I have said or how poorly I have spelled it ,doesn't change what HE did.However,I am not calling for any punitive action.I am not demanding anything be done.I am not wishing anything similar happen at your school.I do,however, hope that everyone at BGA will keep a close eye on him and hopefully prevent what can and did happen at 2 schools.You fine folks are not immune and you should be thankful for the heads up.Here at Jeff we were not warned and it turned into a big disaster.Seriously,I am happy to hear that all is well at a BGA and that he is so loved and respected.I believe we all should have second and third chances.

"Oh, and if your opinions represent the general consensus at Jeff Co, the problem is pretty obvious." My statements are not opinions.They are painful facts.I do have opinions.In fact I have many opinions on him and his motivations.I know alot of the opinions of his former players.Ive talked to many of them.But I have declined to speak for them or to state anything that isnt verifiable or that might be viewed as subjective or vindictive.Please (ALL of you) keep in mind this was a very terrible time at Jeff(3 years) and Clark(Just 1 year).Alot of kids and families were hurt.Our community was bitterly divided and those wounds(on either side)have yet to heal.I pray this doesn't happen at your school.Honestly--GOOD LUCK to everyone at BGA . PS .The win/loss record with and without him is about the same(poor).But the participation level has greatly improved without him. PSS Or maybe you guys are right.Maybe Jeff and Clark are full of lazy,selfish kids.Maybe Marty was right and that 240 kids(60 times 4 years) were wrong.Maybe you could ask him yourself to explain how something like that could happen?Maybe explain to me and those families how he just happens to find himself coaching during a window of horrible/spoiled kids? :roflol:

"concessions, credence, separate"

I CAN'T SPELL !!!thanks for helping

"Unless I missed something, teams are judged based on wins and loses, not by how many people participate. But hey, good luck winning the human pyramid contest. 100 players should build a pretty big one."

You and several others HAVE missed something. 60 maybe as much as 70 players/children were forced off the team ,were encouraged to quit, were made to feel unwelcome or refused to play for this man while he was the HEAD COACH at 2(two) separate schools ,over the course of 4 seasons !!! It wasn't the AD, or the assistant coaches ,or the parents, or the community or the School Board or the economy ,or ME ,or anything other than this man and is leadership. I think it's odd that no one on this blog can accept the FACT that a coach can be so great(1998 championship) and be so divisive just a few years later. This ugly fact IS part of his coaching record.Insulting what I have said or how poorly I have spelled it ,doesn't change what HE did.However,I am not calling for any punitive action.I am not demanding anything be done.I am not wishing anything similar happen at your school.I do,however, hope that everyone at BGA will keep a close eye on him and hopefully prevent what can and did happen at 2 schools.You fine folks are not immune and you should be thankful for the heads up.Here at Jeff we were not warned and it turned into a big disaster.Seriously,I am happy to hear that all is well at a BGA and that he is so loved and respected.I believe we all should have second and third chances.

"Oh, and if your opinions represent the general consensus at Jeff Co, the problem is pretty obvious." My statements are not opinions.They are painful facts.I do have opinions.In fact I have many opinions on him and his motivations.I know alot of the opinions of his former players.Ive talked to many of them.But I have declined to speak for them or to state anything that isnt verifiable or that might be viewed as subjective or vindictive.Please (ALL of you) keep in mind this was a very terrible time at Jeff(3 years) and Clark(Just 1 year).Alot of kids and families were hurt.Our community was bitterly divided and those wounds(on either side)have yet to heal.I pray this doesn't happen at your school.Honestly--GOOD LUCK to everyone at BGA . PS .The win/loss record with and without him is about the same(poor).But the participation level has greatly improved without him. PSS Or maybe you guys are right.Maybe Jeff and Clark are full of lazy,selfish kids.Maybe Marty was right and that 240 kids(60 times 4 years) were wrong.Maybe you could ask him yourself to explain how something like that could happen?Maybe explain to me and those families how he just happens to find himself coaching during a window of horrible/spoiled kids? :roflol:

First, I have a hard time believing he ran off 60 players per year for four years. In order to do that, 90-100 players would have to come out each of those years, with over half being run off. That does not add up, especially since only 18 of the players signed that petition. If any players were actually run off or ripped on, it is in his full right to do so. Playing the game is not a right, and I can promise you that as long as their attitude was what it should have been, he would never unjustly target players for criticism. Now, if they were slacking, disrespectful, etc, then yes, they deserved to be hit on the helmet or yelled at. THAT IS FOOTBALL. What sad sad world do you live in where a coach cursing and getting mad at his team is unacceptable?

Since you continue to bring up "facts," the fact that no one has quit at BGA since he has coached is applicable as well. Unlike you, I actually played for the man, so if 70-ish different players that I played with under him for two years didn't feel threatened, or feel that mean ole Marty was just too much too handle, the FACT is that he obviously isn't too bad.

Just because you come in on the back end of an argument by being nice and saying "good luck" doesn't make your opinion unbiased, balanced, or fair. Your position is from one of a community that is, according to you, still whining about their former HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH (Is that really a big enough issue to split a community?). Obviously, this opinion and stance on the issue is terribly misconstrued and illogical, so you have no place in providing analysis on the situation.

First, I have a hard time believing he ran off 60 players per year for four years. In order to do that, 90-100 players would have to come out each of those years, with over half being run off. That does not add up, especially since only 18 of the players signed that petition. If any players were actually run off or ripped on, it is in his full right to do so. Playing the game is not a right, and I can promise you that as long as their attitude was what it should have been, he would never unjustly target players for criticism. Now, if they were slacking, disrespectful, etc, then yes, they deserved to be hit on the helmet or yelled at. THAT IS FOOTBALL. What sad sad world do you live in where a coach cursing and getting mad at his team is unacceptable?

Since you continue to bring up "facts," the fact that no one has quit at BGA since he has coached is applicable as well. Unlike you, I actually played for the man, so if 70-ish different players that I played with under him for two years didn't feel threatened, or feel that mean ole Marty was just too much too handle, the FACT is that he obviously isn't too bad.

Just because you come in on the back end of an argument by being nice and saying "good luck" doesn't make your opinion unbiased, balanced, or fair. Your position is from one of a community that is, according to you, still whining about their former HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH (Is that really a big enough issue to split a community?). Obviously, this opinion and stance on the issue is terribly misconstrued and illogical, so you have no place in providing analysis on the situation. .........Weather or not players quit while M was an assistant or if they quit now that he is HC is not the point.weather or not you believe what I said about his record is not important to me either.I know that at least some of the quiet minority there at BGA must be concerned about what Marty has done at 2 of his previous schools and will at least be vigilent in their monitoring of the situation.YOU are welcome for this information .11 on the field 20 on the sideline.find a old photo or film.Heck you can even call newspapers/any of the current or former coaches.You could probably just call any number in Jeff or Clark and verify everything yourself!!30 players!!Thats all . like it or not..

........Weather or not players quit while M was an assistant or if they quit now that he is HC is not the point.weather or not you believe what I said about his record is not important to me either.I know that at least some of the quiet minority there at BGA must be concerned about what Marty has done at 2 of his previous schools and will at least be vigilent in their monitoring of the situation.YOU are welcome for this information .11 on the field 20 on the sideline.find a old photo or film.Heck you can even call newspapers/any of the current or former coaches.You could probably just call any number in Jeff or Clark and verify everything yourself!!30 players!!Thats all . like it or not..

vigilant

You said that he ran off 240 players over 4 years. That is false.

You said that he ran off 240 players over 4 years. That is false.

I tell you what.I believe thats not how you know him.That it is impossible to believe that what I have said about your coach is true.But your a former player..right? That tells me you have his phone number.ASK him yourself!!!!As far as Clark goes,I read for myself an interview that was posted online where he said " I ran the team down to 30 players".At Jeff I saw it myself.I'm sorry this doesn't jive with the man that you know,But it is still the truth.If you ask HIM he will admit that he had alot of " bad apples".And that by the end of those seasons he was left with 30 good ones.

I tell you what.I believe thats not how you know him.That it is impossible to believe that what I have said about your coach is true.But your a former player..right? That tells me you have his phone number.ASK him yourself!!!!As far as Clark goes,I read for myself an interview that was posted online where he said " I ran the team down to 30 players".At Jeff I saw it myself.I'm sorry this doesn't jive with the man that you know,But it is still the truth.If you ask HIM he will admit that he had alot of " bad apples".And that by the end of those seasons he was left with 30 good ones.

I'm not saying he didn't run anyone off; in which case, good for him for getting guys off the team that did not want to play. But it is logistically impossible to run off 240 different players over 4 years. For that to occur, 60 brand new football players per year would have to randomly show up to play. I don't deny that he is tough, but you are claiming that running a tight ship is bad. Have you ever coached? Have you ever even played? You were probably the kid whose parents told him every day in high school that you should be the star QB and could play in the NFL, but some mean coach stopped those dreams. Go away Uncle Rico. You are wrong.