Region 6 AA

papatiger

Page at Waverly

Creek Wood at Hickman County (HC wasn't done any favors drawing Creek Wood 1st rd)

Harpeth at Lewis County (Harpeth is playing much better than what they were the first of yr)

Marshall County at Camden

Once again, haven't seen the 12 AA play but have watched scores all year. So my best guess here is:

Waverly

Creek Wood

Harpeth

Camden

Which leaves Waverly/Harpeth Camden/Creek Wood

I believe it will be: Waverly and Creek Wood in finals with Waverly taking the region.

But once again, there's a reason the games are being played, you can't win on paper.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I missed those. I really thought Creek Wood would overcome the sluggish play that had plagued them the last two weeks to win but obviously not and I went out on a limb for Harpeth, but I will tell you. Waverly played one of the poorest games they have played all year long tonight. They were lucky they even won as bad as they played. No one hitting shots but Prince tonight. The rest played good defense but shots weren't falling. I hope they got this out of their system as they face a very good Lewis County team Monday night.

I hope to see a hickman and lewis rematch in the finals

Could happen but don't think it will. If Waverly plays like they did tonight they will not beat Lewis, but if they play like they did in the District tournament, they will win the region. Camden has the same ability to really turn it on. Should be an interesting two games with all four teams capable of winning the region. But it will be whoever is on that particular night.

The post about this being fairly "unpredictable" is absolutely correct.

In the Lewis County/Waverly game, you have two teams that rely heavily on their guard play. Waverly lives and dies by the 3-pointer, and if they are on from there, then Lewis County will be in trouble. Waverly cannot rely on Prince to do everything for them, and Lewis County has some length at a couple of the guard spots, especially with Crowell, that could make things tough on Prince if Helton decides to go man on Waverly. Contrastly, Lewis County has a better inside game than Waverly, and they have considerably more depth. I think Hinson at the point guard spot will have to have a huge game for them, or at the very least get the ball to the girls who are hot, whether it is Crowell or Helton or both. I don't think both coaches are about average, so I don't see either of them doing anything on their end that really affects this game. I think this game will simply come down to which team has the most players step-up and make the most plays. Looking at the teams and individual players, Lewis County has a slight edge, but I am hoping Waverly wins.

The Hickman County/Camden Central game is even more unpredictable. Hickman County is a very balanced team with the outside game of Condor and Hutchinson to match the inside game of Wright. They have all of the necessary pieces, outside of another strong post-player to go with Wright. If she gets in foul trouble, then Hickman County could have a huge problem. Camden Central has three big time players as well in Brandenburg, Bannister, and Capps. Camden has a size advantage over Hickman County in most of the positions on the floor, but Hickman is slightly faster. Brandenburg will be a lot for Hickman to handle with her inside/outside game, and Capps is a pretty difficult matchup for Condor or any of the other Hickman County guards on the perimeter. I expect Hickman will press early to try to force Camden into some live ball turnovers. The game may very well come down to how well Camden handles Hickman County's pressure. This game could go either way.

In the Lewis County/Waverly game, you have two teams that rely heavily on their guard play. Waverly lives and dies by the 3-pointer, and if they are on from there, then Lewis County will be in trouble. Waverly cannot rely on Prince to do everything for them, and Lewis County has some length at a couple of the guard spots, especially with Crowell, that could make things tough on Prince if Helton decides to go man on Waverly. Contrastly, Lewis County has a better inside game than Waverly, and they have considerably more depth. I think Hinson at the point guard spot will have to have a huge game for them, or at the very least get the ball to the girls who are hot, whether it is Crowell or Helton or both. I don't think both coaches are about average, so I don't see either of them doing anything on their end that really affects this game. I think this game will simply come down to which team has the most players step-up and make the most plays. Looking at the teams and individual players, Lewis County has a slight edge, but I am hoping Waverly wins.

The Hickman County/Camden Central game is even more unpredictable. Hickman County is a very balanced team with the outside game of Condor and Hutchinson to match the inside game of Wright. They have all of the necessary pieces, outside of another strong post-player to go with Wright. If she gets in foul trouble, then Hickman County could have a huge problem. Camden Central has three big time players as well in Brandenburg, Bannister, and Capps. Camden has a size advantage over Hickman County in most of the positions on the floor, but Hickman is slightly faster. Brandenburg will be a lot for Hickman to handle with her inside/outside game, and Capps is a pretty difficult matchup for Condor or any of the other Hickman County guards on the perimeter. I expect Hickman will press early to try to force Camden into some live ball turnovers. The game may very well come down to how well Camden handles Hickman County's pressure. This game could go either way.

Well I think both games could go either way. The only thing I question is how you seem to think Prince is the only one to stop on Waverly. We have three girls who have hit over 35 threes for the year, two who have hit over 45 and several more who have contributed as well. Almost everyone in the lineup has the ability to step out and hit the three and the Tigerettes are fast and play great defense. Second, I don't see how you say that Waverly isn't as deep. Coach Rawlings plays 10 girls most of the time and not much drop off when any come in. I think they are deeper than any team I've seen all year. So if someone wants to think stopping Prince is the key, go ahead, because the others will make you pay dearly.

Well I think both games could go either way. The only thing I question is how you seem to think Prince is the only one to stop on Waverly. We have three girls who have hit over 35 threes for the year, two who have hit over 45 and several more who have contributed as well. Almost everyone in the lineup has the ability to step out and hit the three and the Tigerettes are fast and play great defense. Second, I don't see how you say that Waverly isn't as deep. Coach Rawlings plays 10 girls most of the time and not much drop off when any come in. I think they are deeper than any team I've seen all year. So if someone wants to think stopping Prince is the key, go ahead, because the others will make you pay dearly.

Prince makes Waverly go; any one that has seen them play can tell you that. She is the leading scorer, she tells the girls where to go and what to do, and I would venture to say that she leads the team in assists, steals, and potentially top 2 or 3 in rebounds. There have been times in those games where the other players have stood around waiting for her to make something happen (and most of the time she did). If Waverly doesn't have Prince, then they would struggle with pressure defenses and have no real go-to player. Containing her is one of the main keys to defeating Waverly. As far as depth, just because Rawlings plays 10 girls, doesn't mean they are deep. In fact, in the games I saw Waverly this season (all of which were close games), she only played seven, maybe eight girls, but it definitely was not ten, and the ones she brought in were no where near the skill level of starters like Prince, Dyer, Bell, and Jones, so there is a drop-off. Waverly has to have Prince, and probably Dyer, on the floor at all times to win this game, and any games following this one assuming they move on. I will say they are probably the hottest team in the region right now considering their winning streak (all by double-digits I believe). As solid as Waverly is this year, next year they could be a scary good AA team. I hope Waverly pulls it out tomorrow night, but it won't be easy.

Well, first of all, I will not argue that Prince is the leader of the team, but by no means is she the only weapon Waverly has. And she does do a lot of things, but so do a lot of the other girls. I don't know how many games you saw, but I saw most since I broadcast the games and my wife does photographs for the newspaper. Prince, Bell, Dyer, Jones, Breeden, Bohannon, Hamm, Allison, Burlison and Hunt all have recieved extensive playing time in most games. Not every game, but most games. I also didn't say there was no drop off, I said very little drop off. All the girls have different skill levels and abilities to offer. They are solid.

We have interviewed a lot of the girls on the radio too and every one says the same thing. We believe in each other and whoever Coach Rawlings puts in there, there is very little drop off if any. These are all of their exact words. So don't divide these girls, support them. I believe they are the team to beat in this region and I'm hoping they bring their A game Monday because they will need it against Lewis Co. They weren't playing well against Page on Friday night as the girls would tell you.