Go Greene!

barb

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So proud of the blue devils for how they played the rebels tonight. Unicoi really has something to build on next year. They had the lead early; lost it in the second half, but came back and never quit, and almost pulled it out. Congrats to SG and to Greeneville. Both those teams will make state.

As for Eliz., their lightweight nonconference schedule combined with the watered down new conference makeup this year helped do them in. They had not been in a close game all year or so it seemed. Duggers team appeared to panic at times out there tonight. Missed a bunch of layups. Did not get their posts involved at all. Wonder how Fitz will write his farewell article?

I'm not barb, but here are my thoughts.

Betsy wants revenge for that one loss and greeneville is pissed of they don't get any respect.

:roflol: You are "spot on" sportsfan! Greeneville is very used to getting NO RESPECT! (Just look at our football team's journey this year.) But this win tonight was really only a huge upset to the clueless AP voting sports "journalists". Most everyone that truly follows and supports the Lady Greene Devils knows how good they are and I suspect they may have discovered it for themselves a little more tonight.

Elizabethton is a fantastic team -- the Lady Cyclones played their hearts out -- what a battle! Tonight GHS had the right formula and everyone stepped up and played their roles perfectly and it also seemed that the Lady Devils were better conditioned, especially at the end.

Great night for Greene County Basketball! NG, SG and Greeneville all advancing! Congrats to ALL!

Congratulations to the Lady Devils. A tough way to end the season for the Lady Cyclones, especially seniors Jasmine Jefferson and Kamra Fritz. We will miss you both! The Lady Devils executed their game plan to perfection and controlled the tempo, slowing the game down into a half court game. Devil point guard Christopher handled the Cyclone pressure expertly and the Devils pounded the ball inside to Story and Fender all night. The Devils also hit their free throws. I believe Elizabethton needed to speed the game up into the 50's or 60's to win, but the Lady Devils solid ball handling and great half court defense would not let it happen. Good luck to Greeneville and South Greene representing Region 1. Cara Bowling and Kristen Powell will lead the Lady Cyclones back next year. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Lady Devils in defeating my Lady Cyclones last night. At tournament time, I'm reminded of the old coaching adage, "You don't have to be the best team, you just have to be the best team today." GHS played really well and deserved to win. Yesterday was their day against EHS. Good luck in the regional finals. Go represent R1 well in the sectionals and hopefully at state.

On another note, I was a little distracted and failed to say "Thank You" to the Greeneville trainer that attended to my daughter when she was injured late in the game. I don't know his name, but someone please pass along my appreciation.

Sparky your little girl is a very fine player, and is tougher than nails. Hope she is okay from last night (other than the hurt of losing). Hopefully our two teams can return the favor to the Greenies next year and make it an all District 1 Regional final.

I appreciate the kind words. She got 3 sutures in the forehead but she'll be fine. I fully expect the Lady Cyclones and Lady Blue Devils to be the class of District 1 again next year. Likewise, I think the opportunity to return the favor to the Greene Countians is achievable as well. See you next year...

Sorry but we have to admit it: Greeneville was the better team early in the season and they were the better team at tournament time. Championship teams dictate the pace of the game, they don't allow the other team to do it. Championship teams hit their layups and free throws, and they control the paint. I guess keeping the starters in and pounding regular season opponents, rather than developing depth didn't pay off.

Congrats to Greeneville and good luck as you advance.

Sorry but we have to admit it: Greeneville was the better team early in the season and they were the better team at tournament time. Championship teams dictate the pace of the game, they don't allow the other team to do it. Championship teams hit their layups and free throws, and they control the paint. I guess keeping the starters in and pounding regular season opponents, rather than developing depth didn't pay off.

Congrats to Greeneville and good luck as you advance.

You gotta love it when the "Peanut Gallery" shows up to take pot shots. I gave Greeneville their props for winning. On Monday GHS played better and deserved to win the game! No excuses.

We will never know, but I still say that EHS girls beat GHS 8 of 10 times on a truly neutral court. I also find it amusing when someone that likely only saw 3 or 4 of the Lady Cyclones' games concludes "keeping the starters in and pounding regular season opponents, rather than developing depth didn't pay off." The last half of the season, the starters rarely played more than half the game. Realistically, we had 3 players coming off the bench that could help in a game of that magnitude. As for lay-ups and free throws, I was afraid all year that would haunt us at an inopportune time. Unfortunately, it did. One game does not discount the Lady Cyclones as champions. My guess is that both Greene County teams (GHS and SGHS) feel they lost games this year that they shouldn't have. That doesn't mean they aren't champions either. My 2 cents...

Sounded like a game that matched up two very determined teams despite all the officials let go (on both sides). Congratulations to both teams on their season and best of luck in the sectionals. All players that made all tournament were very deserving, especially tournament MVP (Ansley Ricker).

Congratulations to South Greene and Greeneville girls! South Greene will host a sub-state game! The 2010 senior class deserves alot of credit! Good luck to Greeneville on the road in the substate! Great balance and low turnovers may allow for a GHS win on the road!

Sounded like a game that matched up two very determined teams despite all the officials let go (on both sides). Congratulations to both teams on their season and best of luck in the sectionals. All players that made all tournament were very deserving, especially tournament MVP (Ansley Ricker).

Tough loss tonight Lady Devils but Coach sure has to be pleased with how well and quickly they adjusted to being without their starting point guard. By Saturday, they should be feeling much more comfortable with the situation. Keep it up Lady Devils...kinda wanted a little mini road trip anyway...good luck at CAK!