REGION 4AAA Tuesday Semi-Finals

BasketballFan44

@ very good match-ups:

Columbia vs. Oakland

Lawrence Co. vs Seigal

Columbia made some key adjustments from the district tourney lost and looked really good Saturday. There defensive intensity was sky high and James English is finally showing he can score @ will and lead his team. Oakland is a very strong discipline team. J.Hughes is as good as they come and has a very good supporting cast to go alone with him. Really looking forward to this game...Im saying Columbia will break the string of letting Oakland send them home for the year....Columbia 57 55

Lawrence Co is clicking on all aspects of the game right now, lights out shooting, great defense, great coaching. Garland is playing mvp basketball and leading his team. Seigal on the other hand is not @ 100% and hearing that Hammonds has been a non-factor since returning. They are still a very good ball club that can give Lawrence Co. fits with there size! But im gonna have to go with the hot hand...Lawrence Co. 60 52

Just my opinion fellas...whats yours???

Just like I thought, 2 GREAT GAMES last night! Segial got a great win....and with all due respect, Lawrence Co. lost that game. they rushed 2 shots in o.t. that they end up missing and gave segial 2nd chances that they capitalized on. Hammonds still doesnt look 100% @ all, but had 22 pts. still finding a way to get buckets.

Columbia shocked many with their win last night. They played great basketball 1st 2nd 4th qrt, but almost gave it away in the 3rd. Hughes put his oakland teammates on his back in the second half, but came up short. English and Parks stepped up as leaders and took Columbia to the win. English is playing great basketball as that was his 3rd straight 20 plus point game I believe. Harlen was great on defense even tho he is overlooked, he brings great energy on that end of the court.

FINALS

Columbia vs. Seigal

Im going:

Columbia 67

Seigal 63

WHAT YOU THINK??????

Columbia does have the athleticism to guard Hammonds. They are the only team that can guard him when he is feeling it. I think Parks can guard Hammonds on the top of the key and Harlan? I think is his name can guard him down low. If anybody can take on the extremely athletic Siegel team it will be Columbia. Lawrence Co. played well. The shots didn't fall and that will beat LC every time when they can't shoot. Don't be surprised when Columbia comes out on top.

I watched Hammonds vs Lawrence Co. and he is def no where near 100%...Columbia has long players like Parks and Hamlet(I think thats who you mean, Harlen in the gaurd #20) that play great defense. Gooch will be the factor and who Columbia needs to contain along with Williams on the block. Dont get me wrong, Hammonds is a game changer, but @ 70% or so, Columbia can def handle him.

I find it unny when I read threads about Siegel. Everybody talks about Hammonds which they sshould because he is one of the best players in the state and everyone also mentions Gooch and Williams( well deserved as well) but no one ever mentions Oscar Butler. I know there are nights when he doesnt score a lot of points but I think people fail to realize he can get hot at any moment and put up 10-15 points easily(especially if he would acually get the ball once he gets hot). He is a threat as well. Ask Shelbyville