Tellico Plains 2010

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TP vs. Harriman will be the game to watch this fall. After last years game and how heated Tellico and harriman get at EVERY game, I think it's safe to say that Tellico has their clear district rivalry. Harriman has to travelt o Tellico. I think it's gonna be a shootout. I can't wait!

Tellico is a great fit in the district.......but sorry.....Tellico will NEVER replace Rockwood as Harrimans main rival.....or vice-versa

Please don't get me wrong. I wasn't meaning that TP would replace Rockwood or Harriman in their rivalry. I have seen that rivalry. I mean from Tellico's point of view, Harriman is the team that bad blood exists between Tellico and them. There isn't anyone Tellico players and coaches want to beat more than Harriman. After last years game, That is the one that players and coaches still talk about and can't wait to get to to attone for. It seems that a sense of respect exists between Rockwood and TP. Not so for Harriman. Harriman is the team that Tellico will always pull for Rockwood in and from what it looked like in the ditrict tournament, Rockwood will pull for Tellico when they are against Harriman.

Please don't get me wrong. I wasn't meaning that TP would replace Rockwood or Harriman in their rivalry. I have seen that rivalry. I mean from Tellico's point of view, Harriman is the team that bad blood exists between Tellico and them. There isn't anyone Tellico players and coaches want to beat more than Harriman. After last years game, That is the one that players and coaches still talk about and can't wait to get to to attone for. It seems that a sense of respect exists between Rockwood and TP. Not so for Harriman. Harriman is the team that Tellico will always pull for Rockwood in and from what it looked like in the ditrict tournament, Rockwood will pull for Tellico when they are against Harriman.

Guess i misunderstood what you were saying......sorry....just remember....you can never beat Harriman often enough......or by too many points........ :hungry:

• 2 weeks later...

I heard they were trying to get Copper basin to scrimmage. If not, they are going to have a "camp" and work out all of their kinks. I think Tellico is going to be one of the teams to watch this year! I think it's funny that the year the Advocate/Democrat stops awarding a coach of the year for the county is the year Coach Hunt would win it hands down.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm confused why Tellico feels there is bad blood between them and Harriman. I've never heard anyone in Harriman say they felt that way. They've only played once in recent memory and Harriman won a close, hard-fought contest over a Tellico team that was probably better then them but I don't remember anything happening that made the contest "heated". Seems to me that respect exists on this side and am not sure why there isn't any on your side.

That's great for there to be respect from harriman for tellico. I think there is a mutual respect between the two that is getting misinterpreted. I believe the want to play Harriman is because it was so close and such a hard fought game. That's how I saw it. I can't wait to see these two play because it is one of those you cannot predict the outcome. This is definately one of the games to watch in the district this fall.

That's great for there to be respect from harriman for tellico. I think there is a mutual respect between the two that is getting misinterpreted. I believe the want to play Harriman is because it was so close and such a hard fought game. That's how I saw it. I can't wait to see these two play because it is one of those you cannot predict the outcome. This is definately one of the games to watch in the district this fall.

im very happpy to see tellico have success last year but, one of the huge reasons they did so much better was because dropping down to 1 or 2 a not for sure i know they had alot of tallent but if they were in the old district they would have beeen a 2 or 3 win team at best....... the district with central polk sweetwater meigs and sequoyah is by far a tougher district...... im glad to c tellico win some games but bottom line dropping down in classification helped last years record out tremendously ........... but i think telllico willl win 4 maybe 5 games this year

im very happpy to see tellico have success last year but, one of the huge reasons they did so much better was because dropping down to 1 or 2 a not for sure i know they had alot of tallent but if they were in the old district they would have beeen a 2 or 3 win team at best....... the district with central polk sweetwater meigs and sequoyah is by far a tougher district...... im glad to c tellico win some games but bottom line dropping down in classification helped last years record out tremendously ........... but i think telllico willl win 4 maybe 5 games this year

Many teams benefited form the realignment.......Tellico was just 1 of them.......however Tellico did beat 3 of the 5 teams you named as the "far tougher district"....in fact district 5 2a finished 2-5 vs. the "far weaker" district 3 1a......... :roflol:

Many teams benefited form the realignment.......Tellico was just 1 of them.......however Tellico did beat 3 of the 5 teams you named as the "far tougher district"....in fact district 5 2a finished 2-5 vs. the "far weaker" district 3 1a......... :roflol:

well yeah bottom line though tellico would not have even made the playoffs if they were in 5 aa so that does make it a tougher district :roflol: