Creek Wood vs Marshall County

MC1992

Congrats to Coach Tigert and The Marshall Co. basketball TEAM! If all the CW fans know so much about their team then they also know that Marshall and Creekwood have scrimmaged the last 2 years before the season started with Marshall Co. winning both of those games, both @ Creekwood. So last nights game shouldnt have been any suprise. I believe both teams are well coached and had good seasons. Its a shame to see your team lose to end the season but thats just part of the game. We can get on here and make excuses but it is what it is, one loss and your done. Did Kedron guard all 5 players on the floor @ once last night? Of course not his teammates guarded the other 4. It takes a team to win the complete game on both sides of the floor. And the Marshall Co TEAM did just that. Who wouldnt want to have a play maker in Johnson? His teammates know that he is un-selfish but also understand there are times that he can score many times at will. He can knock down the outside shot with consistancy as he showed last night. Many nights there is no need for that when he can get the higher percentage shot by blowing by the opponent for the easy layup. My hats off the the CW players for a good season. Sorry that so many people make a fun game ugly with childish comments and being sore losers.

Good luck to the Marshall Co TEAM in the Championship game vs. a talented group in Spring Hill.

BigA-Don't think last nights game has anything to do with preseason scrimmages. I know for a fact this year that both teams were without key players in the scrimmage and kept things very basic. Last night has to do with the fact that MC outplayed us.

Why in the world would anyone think that any game in the post season would have anything to do with a pre-season scrimmage?!?! My point was about the comments CW was much better and would win against Marshall easily. So, the scrimmage reference was just to show Marshall was able to play with or even beat CW. Scrimmages are long gone. Its funny how you can post something and someone gets something totally different from it :?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said Kedron wasn't good..or that all of CW's players should go D1..I said Kedron isn't a big D1 signee..I know bc I've against the likes of a few big D1 signees..Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, Scotty Hopson, Skylar McBee, John Jenkins just to name a few..and as for the dirty part maybe you missed the part where Kedron threw an elbow to the face of a CW player for no reason..or when he tried to snatch the ball out of a CW players hand..yea your rite we could sit on here and make excuses all day and the result will still be the same....i just thought id get on here and post my opinion on MC( I can do that bc this is a public forum) and if their TEAM is so good then take his 33 and make it 25 and its a whole new ball game..CW's defense just slumped last night and that is what has gotten them to that point..and one more thing..to whoever said MC was ranked higher all year is an idiot..pretty sure CW has been top 10 all season..MC was 19th last time I checked..Im no rocket scientist but I'm pretty sure 19 comes after 10.....good luck to both MC and SH in the region championship and substate

I think that they were referring to the AP poll which I believe Marshall Co. was ranked one spot higher once both teams were ranked. But in high school basketball, those rankings don't mean a thing. It's tough for a Creek Wood fan to say Marshall Co. played dirty when Johnson was held and shoved all night. Creek Wood had a guy pull a Marshall Co. guy to the ground towards the end. The fans knew he was just trying to foul the guy to stop the clock, but it did look a little dirty. But I wouldn't consider either team dirty; the refs were going to let the 2 teams settle it not themselves. Games at this stage always seem to get a little more physical and lower scoring.